Thread: Wpime issue

Xtreme Member

Wpime issue

I had wprime open and in its window it had a option box above "advanced settings" that said update libraries So I did and it installed some CPU files that said it was a better way of reading the CPU settings, but now when I submit a oc it shows unknown cpu... this makes me sad because I just got 4002.67 MHz stable on the 1024m bench. does anyone know how to fix it? I tried to delete wprime and reinstall but it still does it.

WPrime uses CPU-Z for a detection of the current hardware, but since version 1.55 is relatively old it uses an old version of CPU-Z ( 1.42 ?! ) to detect your hardware, and if you have new stuff it won't be able to read it properly. Reinstalling or anything else won't fix it, it's just like that...

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    WPrime uses CPU-Z for a detection of the current hardware, but since version 1.55 is relatively old it uses an old version of CPU-Z ( 1.42 ?! ) to detect your hardware, and if you have new stuff it won't be able to read it properly. Reinstalling or anything else won't fix it, it's just like that...
    It reported it fine on HWbOt before I updated the "missing libraries". I just did a restore point and it seems to have worked well, Thanks for that info though.