Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We moving on up?

WCG Cruncher
    frogs I get. It's the Goose I don't get. somebody please explain to the noob the Goose, it's kind of freaking me out...

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Attack Dachshund
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan.B View Post
    frogs I get. It's the Goose I don't get. somebody please explain to the noob the Goose, it's kind of freaking me out...
    Dak has a pet Goose..

Da Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan.B View Post
    This should bring you up to speed...http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=229917

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think it is that thread that is confusing him.

Attack Dachshund
    It's pretty simple PLan B.

Dak has frequent flyer PUI miles (Posting while intoxicated). and he loves his goose,
    so if you see some honking going on in his posts, then you know "Da goose is on da loose".

Last edited by MikeB12; 07-24-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Da Goose
    Plan.B...Mike is spot on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honkinggoose14apr2007.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	97448  

WCG Cruncher
    hehehe nice

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

I am Addicted!
    anyone know what the avg rac should be on a gtx 275? I should be getting more than a gtx 260, but I dont think so....

currently one of my gtx 275's is only getting approx 10k, 2 others are in the 14 ish ballpark according to my stats.

cards are still oc'd from F@H; 1620 on the shaders. Yesterday I bumped the cores up to 705 and mem to 1200ish, since I heard the core clock helps on gpu grid.

I have only been running gpugrid for about 20 days so far; seem to be dong ok; I am getting bonus's on just about every wu minus a few.

anyone got any ideas? is there anything else to get the most out of my cards for gpugrid?

I run my systems 24/7; they never shut down. I run 100% on the settings. I cant think of anyhthing else to do to get more ppd; except more cards

EDIT: I should probably add that the rig that seems to be doing best is on Vista 64bit and the other 2 systems are on Win7 RC 64bit and all 3 systems are I7 rigs; one of the 3 being a xeon cpu. all 3 rigs running @ 3.8ghz
    Last edited by INFRNL; 07-25-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Attack Dachshund
    I have 2 rigs with dual gts 250's.. one shows 20k and the other shows 15k. but the one that shows 15k has only been going since july 4th. I think those RAC numbers are ppd averages over like a 30 day period. so it takes about a month to show the true rac running 24/7. that's my theory anyway. fah was only like 7 days to get a true rac, so that threw me for a loop in the beginning, I was like "what is wrong with my cards?" but when I looked at the individual task logs, they looked to be producing pretty good.

if you setups have not been running 24/7 for a month, I suggest looking at the task log list on each setup and do a little check or manual calc http://www.gpugrid.net/hosts_user.php?userid=29800

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    I have 2 rigs with dual gts 250's.. one shows 20k and the other shows 15k. but the one that shows 15k has only been going since july 4th. I think those RAC numbers are ppd averages over like a 30 day period. so it takes about a month to show the true rac running 24/7. that's my theory anyway. fah was only like 7 days to get a true rac, so that threw me for a loop in the beginning, I was like "what is wrong with my cards?" but when I looked at the individual task logs, they looked to be producing pretty good.

if you setups have not been running 24/7 for a month, I suggest looking at the task log list on each setup and do a little check or manual calc http://www.gpugrid.net/hosts_user.php?userid=29800
    sniffle-sniffle.. I'm getting my 4k a day..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Attack Dachshund
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    sniffle-sniffle.. I'm getting my 4k a day..
    maybe marvin will ship you back those gso's. you know he quit folding back in April and fell of the grid. not sure where he is. al his regular forum haunts have been marvinless for months.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    maybe marvin will ship you back those gso's. you know he quit folding back in April and fell of the grid. not sure where he is. al his regular forum haunts have been marvinless for months.
    yea, funny that I can get the 9600GSO on win32 on a AMD quad to work but a GTX260 on a frigging state of the art 8 core gainestown with cpu's that aren't even released yet won't do it..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Attack Dachshund
    that's a bummer. I dunno maybe try the old cuda driver or something http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    yea, funny that I can get the 9600GSO on win32 on a AMD quad to work but a GTX260 on a frigging state of the art 8 core gainestown with cpu's that aren't even released yet won't do it..
    Hey Dave, I was getting a lot of errors on this i7 w/HT enabled. I upgraded to 6.6.37 and things seem better.

Check out Posts 4, 6 and 14:

RMA time
    Last edited by Naja002; 07-25-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    anyone know what the avg rac should be on a gtx 275? I should be getting more than a gtx 260, but I dont think so....
    All I can offer is to compare to one of my rigs. My systems are visible. My 275 clocks are less than yours @ 666/1512/1188 fed by the Q6600 in my sig.
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

Attack Dachshund

http://allprojectstats.com/top.php?s...jekt=48&type=2
    we moved up 5 places last week, and 12 places within the last month. congrats on all the new blood..

and our active overtake radar http://allprojectstats.com/top.php?t...305&projekt=48
    with a static screenie as of today'
    looks like we'll make #10 in about a month.

Xtreme Cruncher

XS rocks

Da Goose
    Leaving on Vaca in a few minutes, leaving Da Goose to monitor my rigs while I am away...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DAK1640 View Post
    Leaving on Vaca in a few minutes, leaving Da Goose to monitor my rigs while I am away...
    Have a great vacation!

WCG Cruncher

Edit: talk about PUI, yikes
    Last edited by Plan.B; 08-04-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Team number 11

Xtreme Cruncher
    yup and in 3.59 days we get the #10 spot could go faster if i can get these cards to play nice together that free up my computer that i run my gts 250 cards in that would be a good thing for me i need to save my cash istanbul is calling me and i really dont want to buy another mother board for them to run on.

Xtreme Legend
    What do you think guys ....#3 by Christmas??? or will the winter temps tempt more back to folding?

http://www.allprojectstats.com/top.p...305&projekt=48
    Last edited by OldChap; 08-23-2009 at 05:08 PM.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

of the Strawhat crew.
    I'm going to stick gpugrid as I hope everyone else does.

I believe we can do it OC.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I would really like to see this team get to #3 at least. From what I am reading we will loose GPUs to F@H this winter. I am thinking of adding 1 _MAYBE_ 2 GPUS this winter to help make up for it a little. I will probably keep one on F@H. First I am adding 4 more cores to WCG. I want to see WCG hold it's place and see GPUGrid and F@H increase position. Enough GPUs and some time and we will.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast