Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time dry ice plus mini-guide (with pics)

Xtreme Member

Why would you need to??

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Storm View Post
    I said it badly, sorry...I wanted to say, there wont be much condensation and it will be quite difficult to get vaseline out of socket...but it is assurance for beginners
    If you have a machine that's running 24/7, why would you ever want to clean the vaseline out of the socket?

Shingoshi
    The distribution of knowledge must not be the commodity of tyranny.
    Solution: The immediate equalization of all knowledge among all beings.

Expand your mind, advance our world!
    >=(o_6)=>
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/blog/shingoshi-297853/

Xtreme Member
    okay...I agree with you, but I would never get vaseline to socket

Thermo Bear
    I said it badly, sorry...I wanted to say, there wont be much condensation and it will be quite difficult to get vaseline out of socket...but it is assurance for beginners
    Yep 100% agreed. You can also put a piece of Armaflex in the middle of your socket. In the area of the pins, you don't need any insulation.

It's also bad if you want to sell your MB

more so than beginners, it's really added safety for 24/7 subzero setups. if such goes down for maintenance or especially unscheduled downtimes/power failures, there's risk of moisture/short circuit if it is just booted up after downtime without proper cooldown/heatup.

re: getting it out, hair dryer+paper towels to get it to flow out and absorbed works. i tried it on the cpu itself but not the r2e socket yet as that mobo is going to permanently stay in an iced-radiator setup. the cpu came out sparkling clean after the treatment .

note: i didn't bother with the vaseline inside socket for the evga classified dice session. just made sure i heated it up with hair dryer immediately after disassembly.

Xtreme Member
    Nice job...man...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12