Thread: P5Q-Pro FSB stuck at 550

Question P5Q-Pro FSB stuck at 550

Hi guyz

Don't know if this is right section...

So I have a P5Q-Pro and cannot reach 550+ FSB stable. Is this normal? Tried 1.6+ v on NB, but system hangs up even at 551. Even made a mini tube and cooled with DICE but no effect. One had P5Q-E at LanParty and reached 600FSB at auto voltages! Can anyone tell me am I doing smth wrong or "E" and "pro" are so different?

RAMs cannot be the reason, have 2x1 CellShock and used timings that perfectly work at 1250 (with low FSB).

10x

Hope u'll understand my broken ENG

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes, its sadly pretty common, that P5Q Pro can't go over 550FSB. I have tried once one Pro and it maxed out at ~555FSB (E8400@6x multi). Also lot of my friends, who have P5Q Pro, have had the same problem.
    I have tried P5Q-E also, and it did 605FSB with first boot. They are pretty much different boards...
    Vmods - what can possibly go wrong? ©

I am Xtreme
    Try one of KET's modded biosses, secondly more NB volts isn't always the solution... but it's known that the bios is limited by Asus...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

I have a modded BIOS, don't remember who's. Could you link me to a mBIOS that removes that limit? Or if the author (who actually did the mod) is here what's hes nickname? If I knew wheres the damn entry point maybe IDA Disassembler wouldn't seem so useless

I am Xtreme
    Here ya go : Ket's modded biosses
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

10x man