Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD: You'll be pleasantly surprised

Hybrid View

Xtreme Addict

AMD: You'll be pleasantly surprised

I would say we don't make money by delivering slow hardware. Our expectation is that we'll give you a really pleasant surprise this year when we ship our DX11 hardware
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...tly-fast/News/

It has begun!

Banned
    wow! thanks for the info!

Xtreme Addict
    I hope we don't see a 2900 series-esque episode.

AMD has been running a very nice show lately though, keep it up!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0da View Post

nahhh... im expecting a 4000 series repeat, and with some luck it might get close to a 9700 pro series repeat... that would be cool

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    nahhh... im expecting a 4000 series repeat, and with some luck it might get close to a 9700 pro series repeat... that would be cool
    Hope that too...and 5870 will be mine!But gotta wait till october
    Last edited by SubZero.it; 07-10-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Always the same errors....
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Would be nice to see. The 9XXX cards beat Nvidia a beating back then for quite awhile. I still have a 9700 Pro churning away in my brothers PC, complete with 80mm fan rigged to it as the stock fan failed years ago.

Xtreme Addict
    Most problems related with computers ly between the chair and the screen

Nvidia drivers are, according with my experience, better than ATI's, but I don't really care about that, I just want to play some games...
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka_Aveiro View Post
    Most problems related with computers ly between the chair and the screen

Nvidia drivers are, according with my experience, better than ATI's, but I don't really care about that, I just want to play some games...
    LOL I like your quote didn't think anyone paid any attention to my rantings.
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by m0da View Post

This came to mind too. However they got rid of CEO Captain a$$ hat to things have been looking up
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    This came to mind too. However they got rid of CEO Captain a$$ hat to things have been looking up
    You mean this dude?
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    JohnZS Quote:

You mean this dude?
    He did one thing right, he helped the EU get most of the 1.8 Billion they've invested in AMD back
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Germany/In the middle of forest with 3.5G.
    Never have any problem with Nvidia or ATI on hardware or software wise. Bang for the bucks still the main point for me.
    My PC

Collecting dust....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    He did one thing right, he helped the EU get most of the 1.8 Billion they've invested in AMD back
    True....very true

Joking aside ATi and nVidia have the same driver issue at the moment with Windows 7 RC (or the issue COULD be Windows 7 RC itself?) the issue I am on about is.... ASPECT RATIO SCALING.

Works perfectly in Vista and XP, but is flakey in Windows 7 for both nVidia and ATi users.

Back on topic, nVidia will have the performance crown for DirectX11, however ATi MIGHT be first out the door with DirectX11 products, as I sense nVidia will follow in November, yet ATi will lead the way in Late September.

(Anyone who thinks nVidia will not have the fastest single GPU solution only has to read about DirectX compute and other computational functions of DirectX11....and then realise that the current crop of nVidia hardware already does this.....and VERY well)

John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    Back on topic, nVidia will have the performance crown for DirectX11, however ATi MIGHT be first out the door with DirectX11 products, as I sense nVidia will follow in November, yet ATi will lead the way in Late September.
    Uh, that's just rumours... Nvidia will be late for sure, unless they are secretly planning the release, which I doubt. ATI even demonstrated their cards already.
    And you have no idea about ATI chip performance and Nvidia chip performance, how can you compare them... Best not make such assumptions or people will put your words in your signature now and back into your mouth after the release if you are wrong.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post

(Anyone who thinks nVidia will not have the fastest single GPU solution only has to read about DirectX compute and other computational functions of DirectX11....and then realise that the current crop of nVidia hardware already does this.....and VERY well)

John
    Sure, Nvidia will probably hold the fastest single-gpu solution once more. By looking at die size (rumors) that should be quite obvious otherwise Nvidia really has failed. But AMD will be performance leader with their X2 and have best bang for buck at most price segments (or at least be the once cashing in with their smaller die strategy).

Xtreme Mentor
    oooh this is making me intrigued as to what the performance is going to be like, hope they sting nvidia in the but like last time
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Hold the phone, AMD is talking up their own products?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by randomizer View Post
    +1

it's a teaser/sales pitch. nothing new, no specs, we just have to wait for october.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by randomizer View Post
    AMD is usually really quiet unless the company has grown a confidence level above avarage
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    AMD is usually really quiet unless the company has grown a confidence level above avarage
    Indeed, they talked big with the R600, but that was only after being backed into a corner from 8800GTX. I have high hopes, and if it delivers only way most could be massively disappointed is if this is a dual gpu solution, that needs the extra gpu to compete or surpass.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainas View Post
    Indeed, they talked big with the R600, but that was only after being backed into a corner from 8800GTX. I have high hopes, and if it delivers only way most could be massively disappointed is if this is a dual gpu solution, that needs the extra gpu to compete or surpass.
    Crossfire scaling is generally good, I wouldn't mind a dual gpu solution if the performance and price are right. EG gt300 compared to 5870x2

Xtreme Enthusiast

http://breakfree.amd.com/en-us/default.aspx

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

Xtreme Member
    This doesn't have anything to do with new hardware introduction
    Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | CPU: Intel i7 920@4.2Ghz | Mem: Mushkin 1600 3x2gb | PSU: Corsair HX850 | GPU: x2 GTX 460 1Gb SLI | Vista Win7 X64

Xtreme Addict
    My post could have been interpreted as sarcastic or as "pleasantly surprised"

Xtreme Guru
    Hopes for a single die 300-400mm² card...
    But it wont happen.
    :\
    You were not supposed to see this.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast