Thread: Bloodrage X-Fi stuck with Vista x64 and Games support X-Fi

Xtreme Enthusiast

Bloodrage X-Fi stuck with Vista x64 and Games support X-Fi

Bloodrage X-Fi stuck with Vista X64 and Games support X-Fi.

Issue is at the title.
    I installed the X-fi drivers, activated them with the Serial# and all.
    I launched Battlefield 2, went to the setup, switched the audio to X-Fi and BAM ! it just freeze.
    I thought, well, BF2 is an old (though still kick ass) game, lets try something newer, DiRT, and guess what, I didn't even got to the Game itself and it just freeze while loading.
    so bottom line is, after trying some other games, is that every game which supports X-Fi freeze while trying to set it t use X-Fi card.

All of those games worked perfectly good before using the BR w/ X-Fi MB Sound card.

My setup is at the sig, using Vista x64 SP1, drivers are the ones came with the BR installation CD, haven't seen anything else out there.
    And I use BIOS version G13, due to compatibility issue I have with my Perc 5/i card on newer versions.

Any Ideas ?
    Last edited by The-Fox; 07-07-2009 at 02:24 AM.

PC: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Kingston Hyperx T1 6GB 2000Mhz 8-8-8 RAM | Foxconn Bloodrage GTI | Sapphire 4870X2 | Perc 5/i - WD 640AAKSx4 RAID0 | Asus 2014L1T | Dell 2407WFP | Lian Li G70 Silver Watercooled
    WaterCooling: Q² Project by The-Fox
    CPU Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Feser X-Changer 480 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/ DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 250 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x4
    GPU Loop: EK-FC4870 X2 Nickel | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 150 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x3

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Fox View Post
    Any Ideas ?
    Maybe BF2 is looking for Creative X-Fi chip and you obviously don't have one, when you enable that setting.
    Perhaps your drivers are outdated for the OS you're running?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am talking on the X-Fi O/B Soundcard that comes with the Bloodrage, it is suppose to act the same AFAIK.
    Again, the problem is not with BF-2, but all games supporting X-Fi Audio.

Regarding the drivers, I have seen only one set/version, the one comes with the CD, and that's it.

PC: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Kingston Hyperx T1 6GB 2000Mhz 8-8-8 RAM | Foxconn Bloodrage GTI | Sapphire 4870X2 | Perc 5/i - WD 640AAKSx4 RAID0 | Asus 2014L1T | Dell 2407WFP | Lian Li G70 Silver Watercooled
    WaterCooling: Q² Project by The-Fox
    CPU Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Feser X-Changer 480 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/ DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 250 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x4
    GPU Loop: EK-FC4870 X2 Nickel | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 150 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x3

Xtreme Addict
    Um.. I tried it without problems, but on x86.. I had P07 BIOS, not sure if it can change something.. but maybe can.. x64bit compatibility is a bi*ch sometimes..

Anyway.. it produce so bad sound, that I've put my old Audigy 2 into it.. I like my hearing and I like my Sennheiser headphones. And this "thing" is definetly not made for this.. buy some cheap PCIe soundcard.. it will do much better job.. or, if you are kinda ethusiast and gamer.. buy Auzentech X-Fi Forte .. both best audiophile and gaming soundcard.

I feel bad that you have this issues, but I think that if its not BIOS related, its Creative driver fault (as usually) and except some hacked drivers, there won't be much help..
    Last edited by Mescalamba; 07-07-2009 at 09:12 AM.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The X-Fi Sonar card is NOT a true X-Fi sound card. It's essentially a software codec on a daughtercard with an EMI shield that has access to X-Fi features like the Crystalizer. I'm not sure if this is the reason why your games are crashing, but you should know that card is not a true hardware X-Fi chipset.

Check around on Foxconn's website or perhaps even Creative's website for updated drivers - make sure they're for the X-Fi Sonar though.

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeh, check for new drivers, im sure this is a driver issue...
    and yes, compared to other onboard sound this xifi software thing is pretty damn good, but its still onboard audio...
    if you really care about perf and quality get a propper soundcard...

though with i7 doing the xifi effects in software shouldnt be a problem with all those 8 virtual cores sitting idle most of the time...
    that was the idea of using software xifi...anyhow, check with creative and foxconn support, im sure its a creative problem but itll get resolved faster if foxconn who actually BOUGHT this from creative complains about it not working right compared to one or two end users.