Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone rate the primochill Typhoon III?

Xtreme Mentor
    wow your tems are high, bad mount maybe? whats your loop?
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    I can't rate the performance of the Primochill Typhoon III.

I can rate their QC and Customer Service though

Look what I got :

Cracked @ front fillport (probably drilled the hole and cracked it) :

Cracked side :

Opened a ticket and did not receive any response for the past 5 days!

Buyers beware

I am Xtreme
    hchristian, are you aware this is a holiday weekend? The front image shows an imperfection in the mold not a crack (they all have that imperfection). I am not sure about the second one. I am sure you will have a response today.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    hchristian, are you aware this is a holiday weekend? The front image shows an imperfection in the mold not a crack (they all have that imperfection). I am not sure about the second one. I am sure you will have a response today.
    I actually opened a ticket before the weekend, so hopefully they were off early or something.

Do you have another front shot to compare? I ran my fingernails along the line and it definitely felt like a crack, the sides too...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    wow your tems are high, bad mount maybe? whats your loop?
    It's because my ambient is above 25C and my computer is underneath my desk (which gets way warmer than 25C). And my cpu needs a lot of Voltage. I did re-mount 3 times just to be sure though.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by hchristian View Post
    I actually opened a ticket before the weekend, so hopefully they were off early or something.

Do you have another front shot to compare? I ran my fingernails along the line and it definitely felt like a crack, the sides too...

Mold flaws on sides and front. They are not cracks. I suggest you fill it up and leak test it.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Darth Beavis is right. Mine has these flaws as well and I remember reading about it either earlier in this thread somewhere or possibly in Skinnee's review. To prevent these minor mold flaws would require a mold change which would have cost in the tens of thousands so it was not an option. Once your res is installed and full they are hardly noticable.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by century child View Post
    Darth Beavis is right. Mine has these flaws as well and I remember reading about it either earlier in this thread somewhere or possibly in Skinnee's review. To prevent these minor mold flaws would require a mold change which would have cost in the tens of thousands so it was not an option. Once your res is installed and full they are hardly noticable.
    +1

Mine has it too. I was concerned about it too, so I called Brian and he assured me it was.

It has been too. No leaks and I can barely see it as well. I run distilled water with silver too.

I would just install it.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Thanks all for the clarification.

I am going to install it this weekend then.

I am Xtreme
    Please post pics bud!!! Look forward to seeing your build. I suggest using the clear led plugs in the front if you do not need them in back.

Xtreme Guru
    Please post pics bud!!! Look forward to seeing your build. I suggest using the clear led plugs in the front if you do not need them in back.
    +1

Those clear LED plugs look great on the front.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Any news when more of the top fillport versions will be coming into stock? Also the front plates?
    i7 975 EVGA X58 Classified 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT 2 x EVGA 285 FTW 2x 300Gb Velociraptor in RAID 0 WD Black 500Gb

WC loop 1: HK 3.0 Fesser 360 BP VREG BP NB D5 pump
    loop 2: 2 x EVGA HC's Fesser 240 D5 pump

I am Xtreme
    Video of Bods Typhoons on my blog as well as the next two peoples' rigs who will own them.

Xtreme Member
    Will post when it's done. Maybe do a log or something

I got a response too, sorry about my rants

I am Xtreme
    Will post when it's done. Maybe do a log or something

I got a response too, sorry about my rants
    no prob. we all need to vent sometimes.

Xtreme Addict

Sorry I did not answer you sooner...up to my neck in case mod projects. Thanks everyone for answering this.

Quote Originally Posted by century child View Post
    Correct. The two scratches are actually in the mold. They were not there for the gold sample we approved but WERE there on the first order of 1,000 parts that arrived ALL of them have identical scratches. I actually could have rejected the entire shipment but if you had seen the mountain of boxes filled with plastic...was way too expensive to ship it back to China to be shredded and reused. I am not some eco warrior but even I couldn't just dump them in some landfill. The next batch of fronts should have them polished out of the molds (I would swear they will but the injection molding company is in China...a bit of a crap shoot) But on the upside, Century Child is also correct in that they are not visable when the rez is filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinediver View Post
    Any news when more of the top fillport versions will be coming into stock? Also the front plates?
    I just cut 10 top port fronts and should have them shipped out to Primo by Wednesday or Thursday so Brian will likely have them on Pre sale Thursday or Friday and available to ship by Monday or so.

Face plates cleared Customs I believe (I will check for sure the next time I talk to Brian) and should be on their site any day now.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    +1

Those clear LED plugs look great on the front.
    Yeah...those actually DO look better then I thought they would...I designed up some slightly smaller metal plugs to work better with the new face plates but I actually like the way the clear looks better now that I see it lol. Didn't you show me that pic a while back DB?

I need more sleep lol.

Xtreme Addict
    OK, just talked with Brian and he says the face plates are there and look great. He is going to get some pictures to show the new grain direction (the correct direction) later today if he can. He also said he can put them on moddersmart.com today for those who don't mind plain packaging and no instructions.

Installation is pretty straight forward...apply the double back tape around the edge on the back and press the face plate onto your T3. You may need to adjust the T3 back some as the face plate is 1/16" thick. If your case does not have the adjustable type slots in the optical bays (most cases do) you may need to file the holes back a tiny bit--2 minute job if your a case modder, but if your not a "tinker with it type" have a look at your case before ordering please =)

There are 50 brushed anodized black, 40 brushed silver, and 10 polished...when they are gone they are gone so if you need a face plate...don't wait.

Xtreme Member
    BG-

Are these going to be up on the site, or should we contact PrimoChill/Moddersmart specifically about the faceplates, separately? Just checked both sites (just in case) and didn't see them yet. Can you tell I can't wait to order this?!? heh Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    On a question of worth, would it be worth it to swap out 2 355's w/ XSPC tops for a primochill to run the proposed:

Loop 1: GTZ, PA 120.2; SR1 120
    Loop 2: MCW30, XSPC 4870x2; PA 120.2; SR1 120

Otherwise I'd be running it all in series with the 2 DDC 3.2's.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Guru
    Going from a dual to a parallel will probably not show any temp improvements. It should clean of the case though, one less pump and res. I would look at XSPC's new bay res as you already have 2 355s.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer7 View Post
    BG-

Are these going to be up on the site, or should we contact PrimoChill/Moddersmart specifically about the faceplates, separately? Just checked both sites (just in case) and didn't see them yet. Can you tell I can't wait to order this?!? heh Thanks.

SHOULD be up on the sites today I am told.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    SHOULD be up on the sites today I am told.
    Rgr that. I've been watching both sites, but haven't seen anything so far.

Just anxious to make sure I don't miss picking up one of these!

Xtreme Addict
    On a question of worth, would it be worth it to swap out 2 355's w/ XSPC tops for a primochill to run the proposed:

-

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CedricFP View Post

look up a couple of posts

Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Going from a dual to a parallel will probably not show any temp improvements. It should clean of the case though, one less pump and res. I would look at XSPC's new bay res as you already have 2 355s.

Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast