Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone rate the primochill Typhoon III?

Xtreme Member
    My Glycol Pictures - forgive the crap point and shoot that I have I'm sure you can get the gist of it.

Healthy Crack on top:

Severe Clouding:

Horrible picture alert - Sheared off top polycarbonate fittings with several cracks from the threads to the pump housing:

These pictures do it no justice, its a mess and leaks like a sieve. Can't wait for my new one to ship!

As I sit now with one 4890 awaiting RMA:
    My Rig
    :Case: HAF 932 :CPU: 3.8GHz HT off i7 920 Batch# 3841A573 21x200 :Mobo: Gigabyte UD5 :Memory: 3x6 Corsair Dominators 1600mHz :GPU: (2x) XFX HD5770 @ 960/1400
    Cooling
    :Pump+Res: Primochill TyphoonIII Res w/ D5 Pump :Subloop1: :Block: Swiftech GTZ :Radiator: MCR 120 + MCR320 :Subloop2: :Block: (2x) Stock Air 5770 Coolers :Radiator: MCR120
    MAX CPU LOAD: 63C (Hottest core)

Xtreme Member
    The new band looks great, I gues it's my own fault for being an early buyer!

Never go full retard
    @ Altspacen - Are those photos the result of using an Ethylene Glycol based fluid?

Xtreme Member
    is that still easy to fill via 1 topport then?
    Another TJ-07 Builder
    Worklog Pending

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    @ Altspacen - Are those photos the result of using an Ethylene Glycol based fluid?
    I cannot locate my MSDS on the fluid that I use but once I get ahold of another copy I will let you know exactly whats in it. Back to distilled I go now. Odds are it is Ethelyene Glycol as we have merged our indoor and outdoor coolant parts numbers to be the same stuff. I had the old stock and I had no issues with my Alphacool bay res and its window, when I added the T3 I also changed my fluid to our new stock. Looks like I found my issue there with the new fluid.

Lesson learned on my end, and maybe it'll help someone else out later down the road.
    My Rig
    :Case: HAF 932 :CPU: 3.8GHz HT off i7 920 Batch# 3841A573 21x200 :Mobo: Gigabyte UD5 :Memory: 3x6 Corsair Dominators 1600mHz :GPU: (2x) XFX HD5770 @ 960/1400
    Cooling
    :Pump+Res: Primochill TyphoonIII Res w/ D5 Pump :Subloop1: :Block: Swiftech GTZ :Radiator: MCR 120 + MCR320 :Subloop2: :Block: (2x) Stock Air 5770 Coolers :Radiator: MCR120

I ran mine with suggested mix of G12 pentosin antifreeze, which i believe is Ethylene Glycol based, should I not, and empty my loop right now ?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    just got mine in today, and its a triple bonded one. not sure ill really care, since my water is so dark, but my case is acrylic. however it might be just fine if the rubbery glue make a nice vibration dampener.

boxgods, will i be able to test it out (ill be using just plain tap water first) and if i dont like it then get it swapped for a new one with your new glue?

and btw no instructions at all in the box, a bunch of nice numbered bags, but no guide (ill find one on the enternet). and i dont quite see how it was suppose to all fit together, it was able to move around quite a lot, good thing it had the foamy paper covering it
    just go home, and installed it into its place, but didnt set it up, and the tape isnt bad at all, it holds it nicely in place and looks white from any angle i view it at, so i should be good. pics with full install will probably be late tomorow

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrout View Post
    I ran mine with suggested mix of G12 pentosin antifreeze, which i believe is Ethylene Glycol based, should I not, and empty my loop right now ?
    Yes, it voids your warranty.

Pulled this directly from PrimoChill:

**Typhoon III Reservoir System - PEC has a 3-year limited warranty. Use of cooling fluids that contain Ethylene Glycol (Feser One) or any other harsh chemicals void the warranty for this product.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Addict

and btw no instructions at all in the box, a bunch of nice numbered bags, but no guide (ill find one on the enternet). and i dont quite see how it was suppose to all fit together, it was able to move around quite a lot, good thing it had the foamy paper covering it
    I am REALLY sorry about not getting to the instructions yet. I know being "really busy" is no excuse...I am going to do my best to get to them this week.

Just got my new top mounted fillport version.

Its very very nice.........and the bonding band is much cleaner and crisper too. You can hardly see the join.

Big thanks to BoxGod.

They do look a lot nicer. The only down side with the new glue is that it is thinner then I would like and sometimes there is a little squeeze out. It is crystal clear so it's not nearly as big a deal as the bonding band was though. I am working with the manufacturer to get us a slightly thicker mixture which will help.

Big thanks to you and sorry again for your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Fei View Post
    Thanks Boxgods! I am at your mercy
    No worries =)

Now go kick ass at QuakeCon...wish I could make it this year =(

YES. Right now lol. There is no need to use the ethylene glycol as it is toxic and there are non toxic alternatives. It eats Acrylic. This is why your FIRST one cracked...

Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Yes, it voids your warranty.

Pulled this directly from PrimoChill:

**Typhoon III Reservoir System - PEC has a 3-year limited warranty. Use of cooling fluids that contain Ethylene Glycol (Feser One) or any other harsh chemicals void the warranty for this product.
    Primo Chill has added an easy to remove no residue sticker right to the T3 now that says NO ETHYLENE GLYCOL or alcohol in or on your Typhoon III. Yours did not have that sticker because I added that top port for you myself. Mr Miller is correct however that it says it it in the write up where you bought your T3.

Sigh

I am Xtreme
    Geno you will be there . . .at least evidence of your design will be. And since I am part the Brotherhood of BoxGods, you will be well-represented.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys, good design it seems the creator is onboard here

Was wondering what the out of stock deal is with all the retailers - anxious to get one of these!

Xtreme Guru
    Just got my replacement and it looks outstanding. That clear glue looks much better

@Jon_K

I know BoxGods and Brian from PrimoChill have been working hard. It should be shortly we all hope.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Primochill.com had them on presale to ship today, I have yet to check my e-mail to see if mine has shipped or not.
    My Rig
    Cooling

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Acrylic sounds pretty delicate. I never knew just alcohol could crack acrylic, before reading this thread and seeing others learn the hard way

Any chance of future T3's being made with an option of a more chemically resistant material used for it's construction?

Even if it cost more, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind the piece of mind that would come with it.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Just got my replacement and it looks outstanding. That clear glue looks much better

@Jon_K

I know BoxGods and Brian from PrimoChill have been working hard. It should be shortly we all hope.
    Excellent - if I pre-order, what is my chance of getting one soon? Also, what pump is needed and can anyone link to it?

Xtreme Guru
    D5:

with speed controller: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpu.html

without: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpuw.html

The only difference between the 2 is one allows you to adjust speed of pump (1-5), and the other is locked in at setting 4. Most people perfer the one with the speed controller, but if you don't want to spend the extra money, then the regular one works just fine.

For actual shipping details, you can PM BoxGods, or call Brian at PrimoChill.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    Acrylic sounds pretty delicate. I never knew just alcohol could crack acrylic, before reading this thread and seeing others learn the hard way

Any chance of future T3's being made with an option of a more chemically resistant material used for it's construction?

Even if it cost more, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind the piece of mind that would come with it.
    The back is actually polycarbonate, but for the beautiful clarity you want in a reservoir...nothing can touch acrylic. As for ethylene glycol...there REALLY is just no reason to be using it IMHO. Bad for people, bad for animals, bad for the planet. There is no real advantage to using it in your cooling loops.

Again, just my opinion. Not trying to tell anyone what to use or not use.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    The back is actually polycarbonate, but for the beautiful clarity you want in a reservoir...nothing can touch acrylic. As for ethylene glycol...there REALLY is just no reason to be using it IMHO. Bad for people, bad for animals, bad for the planet. There is no real advantage to using it in your cooling loops.

You are right, there is no reason to use it especially if you have kids or animals. I bet people here dispose of it down the drain.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Guru

With the colored tubing available now, and all the different res options out there, and the possible gunking issues. I don't see a need for it in regular everyday rigs either.

I could also see a use for it if you are piping into a freezer, or like to stick your rad out the window during winter to get those extra couple of degrees.

Show rigs, I can see a use for it there seem to be more color and shade options with coolant than there is with colored tubing.

Xtreme Member
    I used mine cause free was cheaper than $2 gallon distilled. Now you see what I got for taking the easy way out. I'm all ready and setup now for my replacement, flushed my rads and everything with my leaking res and lots and lots of papertowels. Shipped today priority mail! Thank you Primochill!
    My Rig
    Cooling

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Altspacen View Post
    I used mine cause free was cheaper than $2 gallon distilled. Now you see what I got for taking the easy way out. I'm all ready and setup now for my replacement, flushed my rads and everything with my leaking res and lots and lots of papertowels. Shipped today priority mail! Thank you Primochill!
    Free wasn't so free now was it?

Xtreme Enthusiast

I haven't put anything other then distilled water in mine (I was like the first one to order a T3 from primochill, I snuck in an order when they were just setting it up on the website ). Although I do have a whole bottle of Pentosin G11 that I never opened, which I only wanted for it's blueness. Since I don't really like care for clear fluid in a clear enclosure.

Only reason I asked was it would be nice not to have to worry about with what fluid I put in, or if it was somehow to accidentally get alcohol on it.

For the most part, I'm happy with my T3, besides my sloppy seam glue (I have the original kind), but since I don't stair at my res all day, I don't think much about it lol I'll just get a faceplate when they come out
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

I am Xtreme
    THE T3 LOWERED MY TEMPS BY 50%!!!!

well actually im still running a serial loop until i get more tubing. the real culprit was the bad mounting. the bracket holding down the fusionv2 was warped permenetly, so i have no idea how much pressure there was. AND the base of it was severly warped from when i had it on my 5000+BE without an IHS. so i sanded it down, and flipped the bracket over and used alot less pressure, so i think ive got a 10x better mount which might explain why i had high temps. and my temps went from 55C to 45C and room temp is 25C, so the best looking math makes it either 33% or 50% depending on how you look at it (30C to 20C delta from ambient). all thanks to me spending the last 4 hours installing this thing, (and doing some other various changes while i had my case apart)

Xtreme Mentor

well actually im still running a serial loop until i get more tubing. the real culprit was the bad mounting. the bracket holding down the fusionv2 was warped permenetly, so i have no idea how much pressure there was. AND the base of it was severly warped from when i had it on my 5000+BE without an IHS. so i sanded it down, and flipped the bracket over and used alot less pressure, so i think ive got a 10x better mount which might explain why i had high temps. and my temps went from 55C to 45C and room temp is 25C, so the best looking math makes it either 33% or 50% depending on how you look at it (30C to 20C delta from ambient). all thanks to me spending the last 4 hours installing this thing, (and doing some other various changes while i had my case apart)
    LOL!! Nice title.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.

FYI,

Flow rate gains are very minimal.

The very best flow rate gain skinnee got in his recent testing of all the D5s was this loop which was showing the T3 had maybe a .2GPM gain (most restrictive loop which would typically be the CPU):

The other tops more restrictive A loop in parallel got around 1.4GPM, and the T3 got around 1.5-1.6GPM

Per Vapor's testing on the Fuzion V2 here:

The thermal response difference between 1.4GPM and 1.6GPM is only worth about .3 -.4C.

This depends a little on the block, but the thermal differences in the best case scenario will not likely be more than half a degree at most.

That's still good in today's environment of splitting hairs and making microscopic gains, but don't expect degrees of improvement with flow rate, it's much more likely going to be less than half a degree. Still half a degree for the good

Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast