Thread: Pump help Laing DDC/D5/Dual or Other

Banned

Pump help Laing DDC/D5/Dual or Other

This is for an external setup, mega simple idea with parts thats have come to light recently. Im stuck for what pumps to use.

The pumps are to mount in a platform of 140mm give or take a little.

I've seen lots about how bad the recent Laing DDC's are so thinking i will stay away there.

There is the option to run dual pumps, more presure and flow, i've a big enough rad to deal with it. Just a case of what to run.

So what does everyone recomend pump wise and config?

Modded tops will be fitted of corse!

Xtreme Guru
    DDCs , with EK's tops. IIRC almost all cases with failed DDCs were with XSPC tops or restops.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    DDCs , with EK's tops. IIRC almost all cases with failed DDCs were with XSPC tops or restops.
    Single or dual? If dual which dual DDC top (seams a few) them being EK tops

Xtreme Guru
    Depends on block flow resistiveness you're gonna put it up against. For most setups single DDC 3.25 should suffice though. If you are going for dual, normal EK-DDC dual top V.2 of black or white acetal.

Xtreme Member
    My two modded mcp 355 seems to work good with internal temp of 40 Celsius. Filled up inside with thermal conductive mass and a heatsink attacked to pumps and ek ddc dual top V2.

Both pumps gets powered from Mcubed BigNG. that powers 6 fans too

Banned
    Christ!!! £160 i found it's going to be for the 2 pumps and tops! Well one shop in the UK!!

Xtreme Guru
    Yup, going dual pumps is expensive. That's why i mentioned, that for most loops single DDC 3.25 should be sufficient.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Yup, going dual pumps is expensive. That's why i mentioned, that for most loops single DDC 3.25 should be sufficient.
    I've no idea what way this unit might go or bed used so im covering my self and making it mega powerfull. Uk has no stock of anything right now!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah, dual pumps has a really low benefit/cost ratio...$ is usually better spent on more radiator and or better TIM.