Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1732

Thread: Can anyone rate the primochill Typhoon III?

Xtreme Member
    [/QUOTE] can clearly see thet the coolant is coming out, hairline crack at fill port in front also.
    had to gleu these up some, but not 100% leak free. it whas gleuing or no pc for me.

the other side is giving away now to and started leaking also this night![/QUOTE]

Mine is doing the same thing, Is Primochill going to replace for you?
    I was worried about cracking the Acrylic when I was doing my build so I just finger tightened the inlet/outlet barbs then gave a 1/4 turn with a tool but it leaked so I gave another 1/4 turn and it worked, for a little while but now cracks have shown up in the back and I had to glue to still use my pc, but now the mounting holes in the side are cracking and leaking and I do not know what to do.

Xtreme Guru
    I've sent BoxGods a PM. Mellow, could you post pics too?
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    My system is still running, will get pictures shortly. My issue Is a little different than his I think. Looking more closely (when facing the front) the upper right hand corner where the mounting hole for the backplate and the mounting hole for the side are close to each other. When I turn the system on it will suck air in through there and when I turn the system off I get rather fast leak that goes between the backplate and the res and then drop down onto my CD drive. It is NOT coming from the pump O-ring, the leak is outside of the O-ring but still behind the mounting plate for the pump. Where could I post a video? That should show it best I think, but may be hard to capture the water moving behind the plate.

1: This area will get clear like area 2 when It starts leaking
    3: Behind this is where the air/leak are coming from.

Hard to see the air bubble that is there, but that is where it will suck in all the air from and then push it out when off.
    Last edited by Mellowyellow; 10-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    You were using PC Ice right Mellow? The only way I know to post video is host it on youtube and link it.

i would just give Brian a call at PrimoChill about it. BoxGods has been busy, so not certain when he will make it on.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Addict
    Mellowyellow like this ?

sorry for the high res pics guy's .

same here bubbels come and go, when the pomp is running no problem no leaking.
    but when i shut it down it start finding cracks and so on. when the pomp is started again it sucks small bit off air inside.

Xtreme Guru
    What coolant are you using Ripper?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    What coolant are you using Ripper?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90...r/DSC01431.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90...r/DSC01432.jpg
    this , u can read it ?CONTAINS NO GLYCOL

Xtreme Member
    Yes blind Rip just like that.... I opened a ticket at PromoChill but haven't had any response at all.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
    I was just curious bud.

Call Brian: 888.333.4942

he is the one who normally answers when you call that techline. I'm not certain what the deal is with tickets through Primochill, but have heard a few people not getting answers when submitting tickets. I called and got the ball rolling right away when mine had its issue.

I am Xtreme
    Does Europe have MSDS (material safety data sheet) or some equivalent that will list all the ingredients in a given product? If so, I'd request one from Nanoxia for that fluid because something is not right. They are either using glycol and saying they aren't or it has some kind of alcohol in it.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Does Europe have MSDS (material safety data sheet) or some equivalent that will list all the ingredients in a given product? If so, I'd request one from Nanoxia for that fluid because something is not right. They are either using glycol and saying they aren't or it has some kind of alcohol in it.
    glycol's or any alcohol would make the tubing and res go milky right ?

Xtreme Guru
    glycol's or any alcohol would make the tubing and res go milky right ?
    Waterlogged stated it better, but that is what i was getting at. There were photos of someone else that used glycol and it did the same thing that is happening to yours. It won't necessarily make your tubing cloud up though.

I would just email Brian. I'm pretty sure he would replace it for you seeing your coolant did say there isn't any glycol in it. I would stop using that coolant after that.

Xtreme Member
    If that turns out to be what caused this, I'm even more on the distilled + silver KC FTW bandwagon..

Xtreme Addict
    what kind off coolant can i use then ?

Xtreme Member
    what kind off coolant can i use then ?
    I've learned from hearing it multiple times on here that the safest bet is always plain old distilled water with a silver killcoil in the res or one of the tubes

Xtreme Mentor
    distilled water
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer7 View Post
    I've learned from hearing it multiple times on here that the safest bet is always plain old distilled water with a silver killcoil in the res or one of the tubes
    +1

I run distilled and silver in mine. Running colored tubing gets you the internal bling. Hook up the LEDs and there is plenty of bling. A few pages back is a photo of the T3 lit up.

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry for the delay answering guys. Me, my wife, Brian and his Wife, Boddaker and his wife, and Darth Bevis and his wife all met in Vegas for 3 days or R and R and I just landed at home an hour ago. Yeah, those cracks are chemical reaction cracks. I am sorry that you had the issue but there is a label on the actual Reservoir now warning not to use or clean with Glycol or alcohol products. NO acrylic reservoir can handle those chemicals--it is not limited just to the T3. If you have to use Fesser or some other brand of fluid that uses them you need to use a plain (non clear) Delrin type of reservoir. Distilled is always the safest choice but non glycol based fluids are also fine. PC ICE, Fluid XP (I think).

For the record ALL T3 post production is now handled by my shop so NOTING leaves here that is not 100% inspected and pressure tested to 25 PSI for 5 minutes. This final stage is not even left up to an employee (although all my guys are awesome). The QC'ed By and the letter M on the box is my wife. The down side to that is that we can only get out about 200 T3's a month between other jobs which I am OK with if it means I know for SURE everything leaves here as it should be. Having ONE shop handle all post production and ONE person inspect and sign off on Quality control removes any doubt or finger pointing lol. If a T3 ships that has an issue, we did it (that doesn't include people putting in glycol or alcohol of course).
    Last edited by BoxGods; 10-01-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Good to hear you guys all got to take a vacation there Geno.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Sorry for the delay answering guys. Me, my wife, Brian and his Wife, Boddaker and his wife, and Darth Bevis and his wife all met in Vegas for 3 days or R and R and I just landed at home an hour ago. Yeah, those cracks are chemical reaction cracks. I am sorry that you had the issue but there is a label on the actual Reservoir now warning not to use or clean with Glycol or alcohol products. NO acrylic reservoir can handle those chemicals--it is not limited just to the T3. If you have to use Fesser or some other brand of fluid that uses them you need to use a plain (non clear) Delrin type of reservoir. Distilled is always the safest choice but non glycol based fluids are also fine. PC ICE, Fluid XP (I think).

For the record ALL T3 post production is now handled by my shop so NOTING leaves here that is not 100% inspected and pressure tested to 25 PSI for 5 minutes. This final stage is not even left up to an employee (although all my guys are awesome). The QC'ed By and the letter M on the box is my wife. The down side to that is that we can only get out about 200 T3's a month between other jobs which I am OK with if it means I know for SURE everything leaves here as it should be. Having ONE shop handle all post production and ONE person inspect and sign off on Quality control removes any doubt or finger pointing lol. If a T3 ships that has an issue, we did it (that doesn't include people putting in glycol or alcohol of course).

Ok I haven't used Glycol or alcohol, but only used PC Ice, which you just recommended. So what options does this leave me with now?
    Are you handling the pumps too? Because It was supoosed to come with a D5 basic but it is stamped on the back D4.
    I do not totally want to give up on this product, but as far as I know I have not done anything wrong and my product is so far not doing me any good.
    Last edited by Mellowyellow; 10-01-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I just seen this in one of your photos it is cracks at the mounting point, see it in the bottom right corner?

Xtreme Guru
    That D4 stamped was discussed in an earlier thread. IIRC, those are left over D4 bodies or something like that. The pump is a D5. I thought you said in another thread you were using PC Ice, so you are fine on that part.

BoxGods was just posting another disclaimer as there have been a few issues with people using coolants with glycol and those using alcohol based cleaning products on them as well.

Just give Brian a call tomorrow, if you haven't already, and see what he says.

Xtreme Member
    I will do, I really do not want to give up on this product, and I very much want to love it and rave about it but I just can't yet. I know it is very new and they have gone through several changes to make it better for us, so I am not bashing just wanting to fix an issue I hope no one saw it other than that way.
    Thanks

Edit: Ok posting their cracks was a tad bash, but I just wanted to show its not just me.
    Last edited by Mellowyellow; 10-01-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post

well i have to say i got F**Kt bij the coolant brand !!!

why the hell on earth should i buy something that say's NO GLYCOL???

read what is say's, this is really pissing me off.

Xtreme Mentor
    it might still have alcohol in it?
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast