Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFC Feser - No X-Changer Radiators anymore !

Xtreme Addict

Post TFC Feser - No X-Changer Radiators anymore !

Here is the news:

http://www.tfc-xchanger.com/

07.05.2010 That's it. Since today the Xchanger Radiator Series is History.
    Thank you to all our customers who relied on our Xchanger Radiators. We stopped the Xchanger production and the Radiator Series is end of life from now on. All Radiators you still can get from vendors are the last ones. We dont ship out anymore Radiators.

You may asking why we do this. Well, in fact we think that all radiators on the watercooling market looks the same.
    There are no big differences anymore between different brands. The cooling performance between the radiators is to small to continue with our radiators. Most common Radiators use the same technology, plan tubes with soldered fins.

Our Philosophy is to be on the top with the upcoming future technology. Thats why we head up to a new generation of radiator series which will be the break through in a new radiator cooling technology.
    Be sure we will be back soon.

Hitting the Sea UNDER NEW FLAG! Stay tuned... Release in Summer 2010!

So, what you think guys, is this the slow end of Feser now ?

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    whoa..

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    I hope not. More competition and choices are always a good thing for the consumer. I would really like to see them bring something ground-breaking (and practical) to the market.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Member
    This is the end of Feser company, that news smells like an excuse.

They arent just selling enough because of their high prices and there are better quality radiators from other brands and cheaper , thatīs the main reason for me.

I am Xtreme
    Don't think so. They make more than enough on that snake oil they call coolant to keep them afloat for quite a while.

Odds are, they'll come out with something more like the MO-RA series and claim 10°C better than "conventional radiators".

Honestly though, how much closer to ambient can you get with a radiator without expending any kind of extra energy (like TEC's) than we do now? It's all based on how much heat your putting into the system and how much "exchange area" you have. I really doubt there is some design out there that is radically different to what we have now that is also radically more efficient.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Here is the news:

Our Philosophy is to be on the top with the upcoming future technology.
    hahaha ha ha, what?

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    So, what you think guys, is this the slow end of Feser now ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    This is the end of Feser company, that news smells like an excuse.
    Far from it!

I had the chance to sit down and talk at great length with Martin while at CES... they aren't stopping any time soon.

Xtreme Addict
    I have to agree... there are a few products (like rads) that don't seem to be going anywhere, but multiple companies are competing for the title of king anyways. I think it's mature to pull out and wait to try something new...
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    They claiming a break-through in radiator technology. Nice!!
    ATCS 840| Core i7 920 - 4.2Ghz - H20| Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz 6GB| EVGA X58 Classified| GTX480 2-Way SLI| WD 640GB X2 (Raid 0)| Corsair HX1000W

Xtreme Addict
    I like my TFC360 !!!!

:'(
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
    I like my TFC360 !!!!

:'(
    I like both of my 360's and 240.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    I think it's mature to pull out and wait to try something new...
    Actually, I think quite the opposite. Feser is essentially throwing away their economies of scale they've probably just achieved with their radiator line.

So, to quit in the face of the ability to constantly reduce price-per-unit cost just seems like thowing in the towel prematurely.

You didn't see VW quit making the original Beetle just because it wasn't the latest and greatest tech, did you? No, VW continued production well beyond when the Beetle was anywhere near being technologically relevant simply because they sold enough per year vs. the cost-per-unit to make them.

Swiftech continues to make their rads while they're outperformed by a host of others. But their cost to produce is probably rock bottom by now and price/performance is their key to success with them.

So, for Feser to throw away a product that seemingly sells somewhat well and some people do like is just strange. I'd bet they still have a ways to go before their cost-per-unit hits its lowest point and other companies that sell rads seem to be able to sell multiple lines of rads and be competitive and profitable.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, I've got a TFC 240, but I certainly wouldn't have bought it at full retail price. But since it was only $50, it was pretty close to competitive with a Swiftech rad in price.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Humminn55 View Post
    Actually, I think quite the opposite. Feser is essentially throwing away their economies of scale they've probably just achieved with their radiator line.

So, to quit in the face of the ability to constantly reduce price-per-unit cost just seems like thowing in the towel prematurely.

You didn't see VW quit making the original Beetle just because it wasn't the latest and greatest tech, did you? No, VW continued production well beyond when the Beetle was anywhere near being technologically relevant simply because they sold enough per year vs. the cost-per-unit to make them.

Swiftech continues to make their rads while they're outperformed by a host of others. But their cost to produce is probably rock bottom by now and price/performance is their key to success with them.

So, for Feser to throw away a product that seemingly sells somewhat well and some people do like is just strange. I'd bet they still have a ways to go before their cost-per-unit hits its lowest point and other companies that sell rads seem to be able to sell multiple lines of rads and be competitive and profitable.
    More likely that it was their lowest profit margin item. Most business's cut the fat first, in order to raise the overall bottom line profit margin.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, and here I just got 3 of these Fesers a couple months ago, they are working wonderfully. Sad that any future rigs I do in a couple years will have to use a different brand. Oh well at least Koolance will always be there.

XD
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    woha... wtf I like my x-changers tho they are overpriced.
    Corsair 800D -- ASUS Rampage III Extreme -- i7-920 (On water) -- Corsair Dominator 6GB -- ASUS GTX 580 -- ASUS GT 430 -- 2x1TB Caviar Black -- 80GB Intel X-25M SSD -- Corsair HX1000W -- Dimas Tech Bench White

Xtreme Member
    I have to agree, my TFC 480 has been great to me. My 920 is idling 3C above ambient even with a GTX470 in the loop and only using 3 fans on the rad.
    Regards,
    Chris

Core i7 920 3931A318 4.4GHz 1.375vcore | EVGA X58 Classified E760 | EVGA GTX470 1280MB | Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 1688MHz | Heatkiller 3.0 CU and Feser xChanger 480 | Seasonic M12 (Soon to be replaced)

re

Ordered a tfc 360 in a panic and was forced to return it due to shipping damage.

Let's wait and see what they have in summer

NB: Technically, to change a production chain it take a fews months, so it make sense that they need to stop a production to adapt it to a new kind of product: equipement change, adaptation and formation.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetroho View Post
    Fester drops all radiators from its catalog

Promises new lyin of radiator coolers in summer of 2010
    This is a close to a Freudian slip as I'll ever read about radiators.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    More likely that it was their lowest profit margin item. Most business's cut the fat first, in order to raise the overall bottom line profit margin.
    True, but watercooling companies live and die by brand awareness, and perhaps owing to their size, radiators are something that people tend to notice. And it's not like there's much in the way of TFC pumps and waterblocks for them to notice instead. So for however long it takes them to introduce something new, that's time that build logs will be showing other companies' components instead. For their sake, whatever they come out with had better be something impressive.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

OK, so where does this news come from. That like goes to the TFC news and there is nothing about no more rads.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MpG View Post
    True, but watercooling companies live and die by brand awareness, and perhaps owing to their size, radiators are something that people tend to notice. And it's not like there's much in the way of TFC pumps and waterblocks for them to notice instead. So for however long it takes them to introduce something new, that's time that build logs will be showing other companies' components instead. For their sake, whatever they come out with had better be something impressive.
    Exposure? How about all the tubing, fittings, and coolant they sell? Doubt their exposure will drop much until the "holy grail" of radiators come out.

Quote Originally Posted by zinsco View Post
    OK, so where does this news come from. That like goes to the TFC news and there is nothing about no more rads.
    Read the article with the hot blond saluting, the link goes directly to Fester's X-Changer web site's news section so it's accurate.
    Circles SucQ!

I don't see a hot blond and at the news site the latest news I see says,

"17.02.2009 Monsta Release in February
    The Monsta Radiator will be released in February. This Radiator is limited to 350 pieces in black color and 50 pieces in white color. Make your Preorders at your Vendor in time."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zinsco View Post
    I don't see a hot blond and at the news site the latest news I see says,

"17.02.2009 Monsta Release in February
    The Monsta Radiator will be released in February. This Radiator is limited to 350 pieces in black color and 50 pieces in white color. Make your Preorders at your Vendor in time."
    Very weird.

Well, here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Circles SucQ!

Yeah, that is very weird. When I click the link and go to the news section non of that is there. Crazy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast