Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skinneelabs TFC X-Changer 360 Radiator review

Engineering The Xtreme
    well the point being that considering the edge of each fan like this (edges = |) and the red represents the high airflow area:
    15mm
    \ \ \ \ | / / / /
    / / / / | \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \ | / / / /
    / / / / | \ \ \ \

17mm

\ \ \ \ | \ | / / / /
    / / / / | / | \ \ \ \
    \ \ \ \ | \ | / / / /
    / / / / | / | \ \ \ \

24.5mm

\ \ \ \ | \ \ \ \ | \ \ \ \
    / / / / | / / / / | / / / /
    \ \ \ \ | \ \ \ \ | \ \ \ \
    / / / / | / / / / | / / / /

Xtreme Addict
    I would be willing to put the money on the fact that the rad would be bigger with more spacing and have more area and would show minimal if not damn near unmeasurable results.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If someone said the dimension of the rad are the same, and just he spacing changed... i don't understand what there is to question. It's just a matter of where the fans are mounted, bringing them closer together. They still cover the same area over the rad, just shifted over a little.

here's an exaggerated example:

Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Banned
    Awesome work Cam

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Awesome work!
    Thanks for putting all the time into the 360 testing, not much of any other reviews have gone to this level of effort to test both pressure drop and a large range of fans like that, especially over so many competing radiators..! That's a huge amount of work and volume of data collected.

Sorry to see you weren't able to acquire some samples direct, but you might try some of the vendors. I managed to get sponsored samples from NCIX, Petras, Sidewinder, WatercoolingUK, CoolercasesUK, Danger Den, and a bunch of different members for these sorts of sample gaps. I kind of like the vendor sponsorships anyhow, shipping is much faster and they can often send you multiple and at times competing products at the same time. Anyhow, don't forget the vendor...they are another option...many times much easier to work with too.

The member loaner samples can get you by in a pinch, but that will wear on you quickly...the wallet too. It's bad enough for say a $100 radiator that you just spent 20 hours testing on, but I was really getting the evil eye from the wife when I was spending $20 out of my own pocket(family budget) to ship back loaner samples after donating all that time. Then there is always the possibility of shipping damage like Naeku's RD-30... That's negative wages, and eventually just wasn't worth the risk to me anymore. After a while I started insisting that I keep the samples...you have to reward yourself somehow in this commendable effort that you're doing here even if it is less than paperboy wages...

Anyhow, thanks for all the effort an testing. I know how much work it is, and appreciate seeing this sort of quality testing!
    Thanks!
    Martin
    Last edited by Martinm210; 07-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Good work!

Martin is right, there are quite a few companies in NA who sells Feser, why not to try to work locally? Solution might be closer then you think.

Banned
    regarding the fan spacing....

if the radiator core itself were the same size btween 15 & 17mm fan spacing, all would be equal in performance

if the radiator core of the 17mm TFC360 was larger than the current 15mm spacing, performance should theoretically be worse, skinnee is there any way you can get some dimension measurements of the radiator core itself? (not the dimensions of the entire rad)

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the next nice review, skinnee!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    ...Let the performance and price be the criteria by which the radiator is judged, not the two running the company.
    So I did: Already replaced my second-hand bought TFC360 & 240 with brand new XSPC RX480 & 240

Another vote with the wallet Why support them directly or indirectly in fora if they donīt care the community? And I am pretty sure, that the XSPC RX is the better choice for my personal needs: Best perfomance at low rpms.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thaks for the review!

One question, maybe I missed it, but did you use the supllied rubber gaskets??

Never go full retard
    No, the gaskets were not used. I didn't need the vibration dampening for the test fixture. The 1.5mm gaskets provide no extra performance boost, the fans seal just fine against the metal of the side panels even without the gaskets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12