Thread: Fallout: New Vegas hopes/suggestions/etc

Xtreme Member

Fallout: New Vegas hopes/suggestions/etc

Just curious what people hope to see reused from Fallout 3, removed, added, etc.

Also,

I know IGN is bad but......wow. Two pages of typing without actually saying anything O_o

How does that site stay in business?

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/100/1003563p1.html
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Banned
    IGN used to be ok and now they are totally useless.

Xtreme Member
    Vehicles or mounts of some kind would be cool. Nothing silly, cobbled together motorcycles that are fairly fuel limited or maybe just horses [a la The Postman].

In future I wouldn't mind seeing some European content, post apocalyptic London or Paris would be sweet.

Xtreme Member
    I'd really like them to use a new game engine. That Oblivion engine is reaaaaally starting to show its age. Also, vehicles, or modes of transportation, regardless of how limited. Would be nice to have even a damn bicycle. I mean there's flying helicopter things and giant walking robots. You'd think they could cobble together a motorcycle or one of those old nuclear powered cadillacs.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oblivion had horses...maybe Fallout should have rideable Brahmin?

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

I am Xtreme
    How about some living vegetation. Grass and trees don't remain brown for 200 years.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YMAA View Post
    Oblivion had horses...maybe Fallout should have rideable Brahmin?
    Yea, whisking your way across the landscape at the blistering pace of 4mph.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    How about some living vegetation. Grass and trees don't remain brown for 200 years.
    Thats a bloody good point. Its also one of the reasons why I prefer STALKER's aesthetics.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I would really like to see better graphics. Other than that I always found Fallout very limited compared to Oblivion.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    I would really like to see better graphics. Other than that I always found Fallout very limited compared to Oblivion.
    The funny thing is that Oblivion with the hi res texture upgrades and mods looks as good or better than Fallout 3. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kgk View Post
    The funny thing is that Oblivion with the hi res texture upgrades and mods looks as good or better than Fallout 3. Pretty sad.
    Tried Fallout3 high res textures and mods? No? Thought so.

Anyways, I'm hoping New Vegas takes place 20-100 years after Fallout3. That way it would show life after nuclear war and show how the world is starting to grow again in a friendly "green" way.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Member
    Don't Bethesda Game Studios use pretty vanilla versions of the latest Gamebryo as the engine for all of their games? Emergent has recently updated the engine with DX10 support, so New Vegas might be prettier. I know this isn't a Bethesda development, but they are publishing it and it is their pet project now.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    What kind of a performance hit do they cause? I can't find much info despite having done a bit of googling. I'm running a fairly overclocked 512MB Radeon 4850 and the game runs smoothly at 1680x1050 about 95% of the time with almost everything maxed [FSAA is at 4x].

Quote Originally Posted by >HyperlogiK< View Post
    What kind of a performance hit do they cause? I can't find much info despite having done a bit of googling. I'm running a fairly overclocked 512MB Radeon 4850 and the game runs smoothly at 1680x1050 about 95% of the time with almost everything maxed [FSAA is at 4x].
    6x In-game AA scores me about 48fps on my GTX 280. This is with mainly every texture at 4k x 4k
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Member
    Hmm... I might wait for a 5850/5870 and have another play through.

Xtreme Mentor

Anyways, I'm hoping New Vegas takes place 20-100 years after Fallout3. That way it would show life after nuclear war and show how the world is starting to grow again in a friendly "green" way.
    I've tried both and Oblivion does look much better, but the modding community has had alot more time with Oblivion. I really hope that they use a new engine the Oblivion engine is pretty buggy. I would like to see Vegas be more open ended FO3 really fell apart when you find your father. It gets really linear after that. One other problem with FO3 is that some of the stats feel pretty useless. I like FO3 but it could be a little more balanced.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    One other problem with FO3 is that some of the stats feel pretty useless. I like FO3 but it could be a little more balanced.
    That's because a good number of the perks didn't actually do anything on the PC. Some of them still don't work right even with the patch.

Xtreme Member

Have now and the difference is minimal at best. In some of the side by side photos you can't even notice a difference.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you know, I still haven't finished FO3. This thread reminds me that I should install texture packs and go finish it asap hehe

To answer the question, I think that having people actually rebuild the world around you (and have some kind of effect on progression based on in-game time) would be really awesome for FO3 NV.