I'd like to share some mods I've made for Crysis and Crysis Warhead. I've made these for quite some time and they've been praised for their quality and improvements on gameplay. First I'll start off with my high end graphics mod and time of day mods, currently at version 1.1.
This graphics mod beats the look of very high settings without the performance cost. Matched with the custom time of day, you'll be playing Crysis at a whole new level.
- Enhanced HDR lighting
- Enhanced ambient lighting
- Parallax occlusion mapping
- Enhanced post processing
- More realistic colors
- Better edge anti-aliasing
- Minor gameplay enhancements
- Advanced AI
NOTE: Most ATI users receive poor performance, unless the following line is removed from the autoexec.cfg.
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows XP
- CPU: Multi core 2.8 ghz or more
- Memory: 2 GB RAM (DDR2 800 or faster)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT/9800GT or greater; ATI Radeon HD 4830 or greater
Most NVIDIA users who meet the requirements receive slightly worse performance than high settings (most likely), but some users have reported improved performance compared to high settings.Code:gpu_particle_physics = 1
For the included Crysis Warhead mod, do the same steps as above but instead put the autoexec.cfg file in your Crysis WARHEAD folder.
- Go to your Crysis folder: -> Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis.
- Extract autoexec.cfg from the RAR file.
- Copy the autoexec.cfg into Crysis folder.
Custom ToD Files v1.1
Custom time of day for the following levels.
For the levels not included, I suggest using Ultimarage's CCC 2.21 time of day files which can be found in the tweaks/configs -> Others section in the database.
- Copy the .tod files into your map folder
- Open up Sandbox2 and the relevant map .cry file
- Open view pane -> Time of Day window, check off force sky update and import custom ToD file.
SCREENSHOTS (all have high end graphics mod v1.1 and time of day v1.1
HIGH END GRAPHICS MOD V1.1 DOWNLOAD (PLEASE READ COMMENTS NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, SPECIFICALLY MINE, BOREDGUNNER)
Custom ToD v1.1 Download
Are your PC specs not good enough or possibly too good? Check out my other graphics mods below!
Low End and Mid End Graphics Mods v1.2 (screenshots are of 1.0 which won a Crytek award)
Ultra High End Graphics Mods v1.0 (one screenshot uses CCC 2.21 ToD, the rest use the default)
wow, it looks really good! And the performance is much better than very high. I think I will use itThe next mod I have to show you is my Crysis single player gameplay mod, Remix. This was my first ever mod and it has come a long way since then. v1.21 is the latest and greatest of them all, it is the fourth revision of the mod and a minor update from v1.2. This one should be here to stay for a while. Remix mixes other mods together, along with many new tweaks of mine, over twice as many as previous releases (1.0/1.1).Insane config The best ive ever seen. Cant wait for a new one maybe Better performance than high with my 4850. HDR is higher than normal but I like it 35fps + for me!
Thanks boredgunner for this +1 cookie for you
Special thanks go to:
- Kilroy357 (SCAR Incendiary mod)
- Osok (DSG-1 modification)
- intrepidbiped (NK Nano skin)
- crying FarCryer (MOAC skin)
- Fixed aim sway on some weapons
- Lowered recoil on Hurricane
- Iron sight zoom reduced from 1.4 to 1 on all guns
- Reflex sight zoom increased from 1.4 to 1.5 on all guns
- Assault scope zoom increased from 3.5 to 4 on all guns
- LAW scope zoom increased from 3.5 to 4
- Binocular zoom (lvl 3) increased from 8 to 10
- LTV's take less damage from bullets
SCAR Incendiary Mod - Kilroy357:
- Full feature list attached in modfile
- Kilroy357's weapon mod (SCAR Incendiary ammo, lock-on LAW)
- Osok's DSG-1 modification
- Intrepidbiped's NK Nano skin
- Crying FarCryer's MOAC skin
- Many personal tweaks
North Korean Nanosuit skin - intrepidbiped:
- Added incendiary ammo for SCAR
- Lock-on fire mode for LAW
- MPX8 SMG moved to "1" slot
- Helicopters made slightly more vulnerable
- MOAC damage increased
- SCAR ammo capacity increased from 280 to 400
MOAC Custom Dark Skin - crying FarCryer:
- North Korean Nanosuit skin for single player.
DSG-1 Silencer + Semi Auto Mod - Osok:
- New skin for Molecular Accelerator
NOTE: The DSG-1 is not yet completed. There are no bolt action sounds/animation.
- Silencer added for DSG-1.
- Semi auto fire mode for DSG-1.
- Reduced aim sway
- Shotgun damage increased from 75 to 100
- FY71 damage increased from 52 to 75
- SCAR damage increased
- SCAR fire rate increased from 700 to 900
- SMG ammo capacity increased from 350 to 500
- Shotgun ammo capacity increased from 40 to 64
- Reduced recoil for LAW (real ones are recoiless)
- DSG-1 mag capacity increased from 10 to 20, DSG-1 spare ammo capacity increased from 30 to 100
- Hurricane ammo capacity decreased (mag cap is now 200, spare ammo capacity is still 1,000)
- Claymore damage increased from 290 to 450
- LAW damage increased to 500
- GK8 Gauss Rifle damage increased to 500
- GK8 Gauss Rifle slug speed increased
- GK8 Gauss Rifle recoil increased
- Shi Ten damage increased to 150
- Hurricane fire rate increased from 1200 to 1500
- Hurricane recoil decreased
- MPX8 muzzle climb decreased with optics
- Much more
NOTE: You can use this mod only with Crysis Version 1.2 and above.
- Go to your Crysis mods folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek -> Crysis -> Mods.
(if not existing please create this folder inside your Crysis root folder)
- Copy the mod folder from the downloaded file into the current game folder (Crysis/Mods).
- Start Crysis, use the modloader to load the mod.
- After restart of Crysis, open console (~) type in "con_restricted 0" (without the "")
To spawn more SCAR Incendiary ammo, use the following console command. It must be entered into the console EXACTLY as it is below.
Remix v1.21 DownloadCode:i_giveitem SCARIncendiaryAmmo