Thread: Question about dual loops

Question about dual loops

This is my first post yay!

Okay, I'm planning on a new build. Not going completely crazy on high end components, but I would like to go i7. I have an AMD Phenom II X4 940, and I would like to be with a Intel Core i7 920 by the end of summer.

I plan on water cooling the motherboard, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, i.e. Mosfets, NB, and SB. However I want to also water cool the CPU and GPU. I will be getting the TJ07 as a gift within the next few weeks. I already have my a CPU block, Koolance 345, and my GPU block for my 4870 X2, XSPC 4870 X2. I will be using EK blocks for the motherboard. I already have one pump from Swiftech, and a BI GTX 360 Rad. I'm not worried about the noise with the BI GTX series as I already own one.

1.) My question is how should I handle the cooling of the blocks? Should I use two separate loops? Examples :
    Mosfets >> GPU >> SB >> Res >> Pump >> BI GTX 360?
    CPU >> NB >> Res >> Pump >> BI GTX 240?
    Or one complete loop :
    CPU >> Mosfets >> NB >> GPU >> SB >> Res >> Pump >> BI GTX 360 >> BI GTX 240?

2.) Do you think that a BI GTX 240 will be able to properly cool both the CPU and NB in the same loop? I know for a fact I won't be able to fit two 360's down there of any make. If it can't properly cool both, should I set the CPU only on that loop and add the NB to the other loop with the GPU and Mosfets etc...?

3.) Would a 120 Rad of any make cool the i7 by itself?
    "Holy S***! It compiles! Ship it!"

1) I think a lot of people here will say dual loop is best. All of those blocks in a single loop adds a lot of restriction.
    2) I think it should be fine.
    3) I dont think so, i7 is pretty toasty... I say 240 the very least.

I wouldn't advise using water cooling for the north and south bridges they add too mutch restriction, I recommend use the stock heatsinks with some good 100% silver (or liquid metal ?) grease or acrtic silver 5 if you afraid of misapplication, and the cpu mosfets will be fine without water too, as long as you have active cooling on them or you have proper case cooling, water cooling does not mean you can remove all the fans from the case, at least not in my case where room temp is 35 C, I also highly recommend reading the sticky about water cooling manuals, there is so mutch information there that nothing I write here can compare to it.