Thread: UV particles Dissapeared !!

Xtreme Member

UV particles Dissapeared !!

Hi everybody. I have a problem and I need some help.
    I used feser view UV blue with distilled water and a couple of drops of PT-Nuke.
    Using Tygon 3603 tubing.

The second day after installation, the liquid inside the tube are no longer UV reactive !!!

I cannot believe it. I used half a bottle of the Feser View on 1.5L distilled water.

Is the PT-Nuke killing the UV properties?

Please help.
    THX

Project BlaXtreme:
    Core i7 D0 @ 4.5 GHz 24/7 "Heat Killer 3.0"
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Corsair Dominator GT 2000 MHz
    Thermaltake 1000W
    nVIDIA GTX480 SC SLI - On The Way

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think the PT may be causing the problem....have u added anything else in ur loop??

ive herd the feser dies that u add to distilled rnt very good

lol the feser website says:
    If used for long periods of time the UV properties will naturally fade. We advise you to refresh the liquid again with Feser View.
    if they think 2 days is a long time....hehe
    Last edited by exemay; 07-01-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    yea.. i need help... seriously......last time i went to the bathroom, it seems that the male has the pecker that pokes the female, right?

i'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by lennox View Post
    holy cow do you really run 1/2" tubing without clamps? that's like banging a prostitute without a condom!
    Lian Li V2000B Special Water cut: DFI LanParty X48 LT T2R : Q6600 @3.21 ghtz : 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 32mb cache 1tb HDD's : HD 4870x2 : 4GB domminator : Swiftech GTZ block : PA120.3 : DCC 18w res top : DCC 18w res top : EK FC 4870x2 :

Current Project:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=214295

Engineering The Xtreme
    this is EXACTLY what happened twice to me with feser blue premix..... make sure you clean out your loop and watch your temps closely if you dont.

my thread is here somwhere if I can find it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=226632 ^^ there ya go Snipe i did it for ya!

....i gotta say ive been running feser 1 premix for about 4 months now and no problems what so ever, no colour loss or UV colour loss atall!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    yea.. i need help... seriously......last time i went to the bathroom, it seems that the male has the pecker that pokes the female, right?

i'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by lennox View Post
    holy cow do you really run 1/2" tubing without clamps? that's like banging a prostitute without a condom!
    Lian Li V2000B Special Water cut: DFI LanParty X48 LT T2R : Q6600 @3.21 ghtz : 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 32mb cache 1tb HDD's : HD 4870x2 : 4GB domminator : Swiftech GTZ block : PA120.3 : DCC 18w res top : DCC 18w res top : EK FC 4870x2 :

Current Project:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=214295

It always happens. I don't use anything like that anymore. Distilled water in UV tubing is the way to go IMO.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exemay View Post
    I think the PT may be causing the problem....have u added anything else in ur loop??

ive herd the feser dies that u add to distilled rnt very good

lol the feser website says:
    If used for long periods of time the UV properties will naturally fade. We advise you to refresh the liquid again with Feser View.
    if they think 2 days is a long time....hehe
    No I didn't add anything else. BTW it't the clear Pt-Nuke.
    ant the UV was gone in less than 24Hrs

Project BlaXtreme:
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Thermaltake 1000W

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exemay View Post
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=226632 ^^ there ya go Snipe i did it for ya!

....i gotta say ive been running feser 1 premix for about 4 months now and no problems what so ever, no colour loss or UV colour loss atall!
    This is nothing like that
    The colour is intact but the uv properties are just gone.

Project BlaXtreme:
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Thermaltake 1000W

Engineering The Xtreme
    hmmmm well its just another problem with feser coolants I guess....

Banned
    Not really. I'm sure it's the copper sulfate reacting with the uv stuff [conjugated compounds].

If you want to use Feser fluids, just use it straight with no extra stuff. You cannot expect nothing to happen, that's just plain silly. I'm not really sure why everyone seems to be so surprised.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Not really. I'm sure it's the copper sulfate reacting with the uv stuff [conjugated compounds].

If you want to use Feser fluids, just use it straight with no extra stuff. You cannot expect nothing to happen, that's just plain silly. I'm not really sure why everyone seems to be so surprised.
    Then the solution is to flush the system and re apply the feser view with distilled without adding the Pt-Nuke?

Project BlaXtreme:
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Thermaltake 1000W

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxtr3m3 View Post
    Hi everybody. I have a problem and I need some help.
    I used feser view UV blue with distilled water and a couple of drops of PT-Nuke.
    Using Tygon 3603 tubing.

The second day after installation, the liquid inside the tube are no longer UV reactive !!!

I cannot believe it. I used half a bottle of the Feser View on 1.5L distilled water.

Is the PT-Nuke killing the UV properties?

Please help.
    THX
    I believe feser advises against mixing any non feser products with their coolant for this reason.

Xtreme Member
    Then the solution is to flush the system and re apply the feser view with distilled without adding the Pt-Nuke?
    how bout just the distilled and pt nuke without the feser

Banned
    I like that better lol.

----

Just to go on with the whole feser fluids, I'm sure they paid a large chunk of money for a company to make their colloid stable in rapidly moving systems. I doubt they considered the impact of adding anything to that loop. Seeing I know JACK ALL about Feser fluids, are you even meant to add water? That would alter the properties of the colloid.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    I like that better lol.

----

Just to go on with the whole feser fluids, I'm sure they paid a large chunk of money for a company to make their colloid stable in rapidly moving systems. I doubt they considered the impact of adding anything to that loop. Seeing I know JACK ALL about Feser fluids, are you even meant to add water? That would alter the properties of the colloid.
    he used a dye not a premixed fluid

and there website says it is not anti corrosive/anti algae

i dunno man try silver in ur loop if u gotta have color... or shell out for the premix or colored tubes...

Banned
    I run pure distilled. No funky in my loop and I don't mix metals so who cares

People still use dyes? They suck period. Ask around.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    why dillute the feaser? im running just regular acid green feaser 1 and its been up for a few weeks no problem... and that includes a few times of it sitting there w/ my cpu temps at 50c for 2-3 days
    SYSTEM
    i5-3750K @ 4.6ghz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 16GB Samsung DDR3 - Sapphire R7 370 Nitro 4GB
    Water Cooling
    EK Supremecy - DDC-3.2 w/XSPC Top -Swiftech MCR320-QP - EK Multioption 150

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadconeTuning View Post
    why dillute the feaser? im running just regular acid green feaser 1 and its been up for a few weeks no problem... and that includes a few times of it sitting there w/ my cpu temps at 50c for 2-3 days
    It's feser view not feser 1 !!
    It's just a dye you add to distilled water

Project BlaXtreme:
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Thermaltake 1000W

It's feser view not feser 1 !!
    It's just a dye you add to distilled water
    I have tried 3 different dyes. Dtek, FrozenCPU, and Feser.

Of the three, the feser was the WORST. It faded out within a couple days every single time. I ended up throwing that crap out

Dtek glowed OK and lasted the longest (2-3 months or so) but left some gunk in the loop. FrozenCPU glowed brightest, didn't last quite as long (about a month), but didn't leave near as much crap in the loop.

Honestly, the only thing I recommend for color is UV tubing, and just use distilled water + PT nuke in the loop.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64