Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel brings forward schedule for Clarkdale CPUs to 4Q09

Xtreme Mentor

Intel brings forward schedule for Clarkdale CPUs to 4Q09

Intel has brought forward the mass-production schedule of its new 32nm processor codenamed Clarkdale to the fourth quarter of 2009 from the originally planned first quarter of 2010, according to sources from motherboard makers.

The company's 32nm Clarkdale CPUs will account for 10% of Intel's total OEM desktop CPU shipments in the fourth quarter, while 45nm Core i7 processors will account for 1%, Lynnfield-based processor 2%, Core 2 Quad processors 9%, Core 2 Duo E8000/E7000 series processors 35%, Pentium E5000/E6000 series 31%, Celeron E3000 and Atom series together 8%, and 65nm-based Pentium E2000 and Celeron 400 together 4%.

In the first quarter of 2010, the proportion of Clarkdale-based CPUs will rise to 20%, while 45nm-based processors will account for 78%, and 65nm-based Celeron 400 series will drop to only 2%, the sources noted.

Intel declined the opportunity to respond to this report saying it cannot comment on unannounced products.
    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090629PD207.html

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its a repost. And its not news.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Its a repost. And its not news.
    It's OTH, I doubt its a repost

State your evidence, Mr. Shintai.

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    It's OTH, I doubt its a repost

State your evidence, Mr. Shintai.

Perkam

Xtreme Addict
    High expectations for Clarkdale.

Repeatedly Intel promised proper IGP with G35 and G45, only to fall flat on face. AMD/nVidia solutions are defacto standard.

But its not just performance or infamous driver stability and compatibility. For a decade Intel tried branding "Intel xtreme graphics" to horrifying failure as real gamers ridiculed gulible ePC owners trying to play Unreal Tournament with frag after frag in their face.

Hopefully, Clarkdale lower costs will bring prices further down. I dont think anybody expects 3DMark records from this mainstream part, but I hope Intel hasn't engineered any anti-overclocking features to precent 4Ghz on AIR.

Maybe notebooks with 6 or even 8 hour battery life will become the new norm... maybe...

24/7: A64 3000+ (\_/) @2.4Ghz, 1.4V
    1 GB OCZ Gold (='.'=) 240 2-2-2-5
    Giga-byte NF3 (")_(") K8NSC-939
    XFX 6800 16/6 NV5 @420/936, 1.33V

Banned
    Clarkdale is a desktop part.

Arrandale is the mobile equivalent.

Intel's slide from a while back shows ~2.5 times more performance than their current best IGP performance, and IIRC, Dr. Who? has suggested that is a "minimum" promise, and that overclocking will deliver surprisingly nice results here.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    interesting numbers...
    i remember that intel originally planned core i7 cpus to reach 5% of their sold cpus in 2009... now they expect 1%... ouch... and 1% could be anything below 1% as well, cause they would never say they expect .3%...

so they basically expect 1156 lynnfields to fail and only the cheapo 1156 clarkdale chips with big oem orders will actually reach reasonable market share?
    makes sense... so nehalem cpus will never reach a real notable market share... westmere might...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrace215 View Post
    Intel's slide from a while back shows ~2.5 times more performance than their current best IGP performance, and IIRC, Dr. Who? has suggested that is a "minimum" promise, and that overclocking will deliver surprisingly nice results here.
    i havent actually tested it but im pretty sure its UP TO 2.5x...
    what i do know is that its HOT... and imo intel completely missed the point here...

they have larrabee for performance, and they have igp to cater to the semgnets where power efficiency and price matters... and what do they do? they develop a huge power hungry, much better than before but still sucky igp... wow... so where can you use it? its still slow, its too hot for laptops really, and faster than any office pc will need which is basically ok with 2d graphics and some super basic 3d for vista and win7 interfaces... and its way too slow for actual gaming... i really dont get what the point of this igp is supposed to be...

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    what i do know is that its HOT... and imo intel completely missed the point here...

they have larrabee for performance, and they have igp to cater to the semgnets where power efficiency and price matters... and what do they do? they develop a huge power hungry, much better than before but still sucky igp... wow... so where can you use it? its still slow, its too hot for laptops really, and faster than any office pc will need which is basically ok with 2d graphics and some super basic 3d for vista and win7 interfaces... and its way too slow for actual gaming... i really dont get what the point of this igp is supposed to be...
    I take it that the igp disables when playing a game using a dedecated gfx card?...in which case if the cpu is overclocked, then there shouldnt be any added heat from the igp....correct me if im wrong

Xtreme X.I.P.

HD playback? isn't it the only purpose for crappy IGPs?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Deimos*** View Post
    High expectations for Clarkdale.

Repeatedly Intel promised proper IGP with G35 and G45, only to fall flat on face. AMD/nVidia solutions are defacto standard.

But its not just performance or infamous driver stability and compatibility. For a decade Intel tried branding "Intel xtreme graphics" to horrifying failure as real gamers ridiculed gulible ePC owners trying to play Unreal Tournament with frag after frag in their face.

Hopefully, Clarkdale lower costs will bring prices further down. I dont think anybody expects 3DMark records from this mainstream part, but I hope Intel hasn't engineered any anti-overclocking features to precent 4Ghz on AIR.

Maybe notebooks with 6 or even 8 hour battery life will become the new norm... maybe...
    Whats wrong with Intels IGP besides gaming? And nVidia/AMD solutions there aint exactly fantastic. In terms of gaming its junk or crap when picking any IGP.

But looking on the rest of your post. You seem to have an issue...

Thats why Clarkdale TDP is so high? Oh wait..it aint....
    Last edited by Shintai; 06-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why the hurry Intel? Feeling late now eh?

Oh wait, Clarkdale o be released on Q4 09, then a 20% rise on Q1 2010? They must be ramping up the manufacturing pretty fast. They'll be seeing overstocks, unless its decent in price/performance.

Hope they pull nice numbers on that chip, because one more player at the IGP sector is going to help. If not on the performance, well at least on the prices.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjunk View Post
    I take it that the igp disables when playing a game using a dedecated gfx card?...in which case if the cpu is overclocked, then there shouldnt be any added heat from the igp....correct me if im wrong
    yes and no, the igp partially shuts down, but its in the same chip as the memory controller and system hub... so it will still consume more power... not much though, maybe only 10-20W...

Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    HD playback? isn't it the only purpose for crappy IGPs?
    and they fail at that ^^
    the new igp will def be able to cope with 1080P, but you dont need such a big and power hungry igp to do that...

Thats why Clarkdale TDP is so high? Oh wait..it aint....
    for a desktop is ok and masked by the tdp of the cpu, for a laptop... forget about it... i doubt there will be any laptops with that igp at all...

and thats plain stupid from intel... its all about laptops and mobility and they focus on an igp chipset that runs hot and has better but still not good enough 3d performance... whats the point? who do they think will buy all those desktop igp parts? businesses right? and what do they need better but still sucky 3d graphics for exactly?

its really really stupid... they have to graphics divisions, and instead of having one expertise on low power and mobility and price perf and the other on performance and high power, they give both almost the same direction... whats the point?

its like telling your mobile cpu division to go nuts on tdp and develop a performance cpu within a 65W envelope... why would you do that?

I want Core i9 to be released in Q4 instead. But oh well, guess I can wait.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Cruncher
    yes and no, the igp partially shuts down, but its in the same chip as the memory controller and system hub... so it will still consume more power... not much though, maybe only 10-20W...

and they fail at that ^^
    the new igp will def be able to cope with 1080P, but you dont need such a big and power hungry igp to do that...

for a desktop is ok and masked by the tdp of the cpu, for a laptop... forget about it... i doubt there will be any laptops with that igp at all...

and thats plain stupid from intel... its all about laptops and mobility and they focus on an igp chipset that runs hot and has better but still not good enough 3d performance... whats the point? who do they think will buy all those desktop igp parts? businesses right? and what do they need better but still sucky 3d graphics for exactly?

its really really stupid... they have to graphics divisions, and instead of having one expertise on low power and mobility and price perf and the other on performance and high power, they give both almost the same direction... whats the point?

its like telling your mobile cpu division to go nuts on tdp and develop a performance cpu within a 65W envelope... why would you do that?
    Honestly Saaya...you just spray useless BS now. You obviously dont have a clarkdale CPU or arandale...

Xtreme Addict
    Based on the estimated top Clark Mobile quad speed of 2.0 and the current mobile quad 2.53, I don't think this is going to do anything all that amazing for the mobile arena. Even a 2.66 920 generates 130TDP, so 2.0 is a pretty reasonable prediction of top speed bin.

Have to wait and see, but I'm thinking a lot of folks are going to find the current C2D and C2Q to be plenty for mobile solutions.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    When are 6 core, and 8 core chips coming around? I know intel has had working 8 core chips for years.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so whens the next big cpu come out?

its i7 right now...what tomorow?

Xtreme Addict
    Honestly Saaya...you just spray useless BS now. You obviously dont have a clarkdale CPU or arandale...
    do you have one? if you do, what is the tdp for the igp? links? i'm not saying you're wrong and saaya is right, but you are claiming he's full of bs without providing proof.

though i can see saaya's point, most business' only need the power of a duel core atom+965g. if intel really has increased the power consumption and heat output of thier economy cpu without adding any usefull features for business', then intel might find it has quite a problem come q2 '10.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
    so whens the next big cpu come out?

its i7 right now...what tomorow?
    core i9, 6 core for 1366, due out in q1 '10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post

core i9, 6 core for 1366, due out in q1 '10
    omg, really!?!? Its gonna work with current 1366 x58 mobos!?
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AC3421 View Post
    omg, really!?!? Its gonna work with current 1366 x58 mobos!?
    yeah it should
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    Based on the estimated top Clark Mobile quad speed of 2.0 and the current mobile quad 2.53, I don't think this is going to do anything all that amazing for the mobile arena. Even a 2.66 920 generates 130TDP, so 2.0 is a pretty reasonable prediction of top speed bin.

Have to wait and see, but I'm thinking a lot of folks are going to find the current C2D and C2Q to be plenty for mobile solutions.
    The 2Ghz mobile quad can do turbomode up to 3.6Ghz tho.

And a 2.93Ghz Lynnfield is 95W. With 65W coming later. A 2.66 Bloomfield just shares family TDP.
    Last edited by Shintai; 07-01-2009 at 01:55 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    The 2Ghz mobile quad can do turbomode up to 3.6Ghz tho.
    keep on dreaming that will ever happen in a laptop but real good fanboy talk

its btw only 1 core and it's upto 3.2ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Fanboyitis..
    Comes in two variations and both deadly.
    There's the green strain and the blue strain on CPU.. There's the red strain and the green strain on GPU..

Xtreme Mentor
    is clarkdale i5 32nm?

i always forget D=
    Last edited by Jamesrt2004; 07-01-2009 at 01:51 AM.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    is clarkdale i5 32nm?
    Clarkdale is a dualcore 32nm Westmere arch (With and without HT). With a 45nm NB with IGP in an MCM design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast