Thread: Billy Mays, dead at 50. WTF?!

Xtreme Member
    Rip
    Music is my LIFE!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Hrrm, must have been all of the yelling
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

-150c Club Member
    Said he took a flight in, and hit his head.
    Possible low grade concussion that he brushed off. Would be alive if he visited the ER or simply had someone wake him every 30-45 minutes during the night.
    Impacts to the side of the head kill more then you'd realize.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    THanks god I hate his commercials, his voice, just hate the guy. Next needs to be the shamwow d bag. I hate this infomercial crap its like reality tv ALL STUPID
    I kinda like the scamwow guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    Man... I think his death hit me harder than Michael Jackson's. I think he was the better half of that show Pitchmen. Anthony Sullivan is just too monotone and boring.
    I didn't like him till that show came out. But as a pitchman I like Anthony better, he's not as obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    Wow, what is going on?
    Iran, Micheal, Mays, Honduras...

The matrix is clearly broken.

Yea, now watch Patrick Swayze die.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attack Dachshund
    I heard on the news this morning the autopsy ruled out head injury as cause of death..

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3463271.story

Billy Mays' autopsy shows he died of heart disease, coroner says
    A medical examiner in Florida says Mays, a voluble TV pitchman, showed no evidence of head trauma. Mays said Saturday he had been struck on the head while aboard an airliner that made a rough landing.
    By Michael Muskal
    10:19 AM PDT, June 29, 2009
    Billy Mays, who elevated the art of the television sales spiel to a fevered pitch, apparently died of a heart attack, Florida authorities said this morning.

Preliminary autopsy results show that Mays suffered from hypertensive heart disease, Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Vernard Adams said during a televised news conference this morning. Toxicology and tissue tests will take several weeks before a final cause of death is issued, he said.

Mays, 50, was found dead in his Tampa home on Sunday after returning to Florida on a commercial flight that sustained a rough landing on Saturday. Mays had said that he had bumped his head during the touchdown.

But Adams said the autopsy showed no evidence of trauma to the head, either external or internal.

The autopsy showed that Mays' heart was heavier than normal because the left ventricle had enlarged, a symptom of heart disease, Adams said.

Adams said authorities had ruled out prescription drug abuse. Mays was taking prescription painkillers Tramadol and hydrocodone for hip pain, but the pill counts showed that Mays had taken the correct amount, according to the medical examiner.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    He was nothing but a scammer selling people crap, I did not like him either but RIP...

+1

I hate all those "As Seen on TV" commercial, all of them are junks.
    Core i7 920 D0 3844A717 4.40Ghz HT on @1.36v (LinX/Prime/3D stable), Corsair 850W, 12GB OCZ Platinum 1600, P6T Deluxe V2, EVGA GTX 285 SS, OCZ Vortex SSD 30GB x3 RAID0, HAF 932.
    Water Cooling Setup: XSPC RX360, MCP355 + XSPC Res Top, Swiftech GTZ, 1/2" Tygon, Scythe S-Flex SFF21F push, 20mm yateloon D12SL-12C pull.

Opteron 148 CABNE 0528 GPMW 3.1Ghz @1.6v Prime Stable. Westy 37" LVM-37W3, DFI Venus 975, 2GB TeamX Cronus Micron, GSkill HZ, Sapphire X1900XTX, Zippy 700W, X-Fi Xtrememusic, 36GB Raptors x2 @Raid-0.
    WC Setup: PA120.3 +Shroud, MCP655, STORM, MCW60, 1/2" Tygon, mini res, Yate Loon.

Engineering The Xtreme

WCG Cruncher
    I like infomercials.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    THanks god I hate his commercials, his voice, just hate the guy. Next needs to be the shamwow d bag. I hate this infomercial crap its like reality tv ALL STUPID
    hahaha!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Did you install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Billy Mays Caps lock replacement

Not the same as posted above.

-yonton228/timmy
    "Man, I wish my country wasnt run by liberal mangina's that piss their pants at the sight of guns..."-turtletrax

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Did you install it?
    yes, its amazing and really useful, you know right away if you ever hit the caps lock key!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12