Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtremesystems WCG team and member rank

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by mezcal View Post
    Good on 'ya to make it at all, wfd.
    It appears my best effort will fall just short.
    Maybe of that particular milestone but not in anyones eyes here

I'll let you onto my secret ... just stick around and keep crunching and you will move up in the ranks ... it just happens. First you start optimizing the heck out of whatever resources you have available. Then other people start to lose their inner drive to fight these nasty azz diseases and stop crunching (can't understand why, but it does happen ). Next time you upgrade you'll start to think about what will make a great cruncher. And then, almost like magic, all of your dedication starts to look really good on the stats, but that just doesn't seem good enough, you feel the need to drive higher. You start to wonder if that circuit in the study will take one more cruncher before popping ... wait, I can put it in the basement with no monitor and use vnc. How do I handle the heat, I can replace all lightbulbs in the house with CF bulbs to offset the electricity use ... OMG, I think I need to see someone about this before it gets out of hand

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Thanks Snow Crash...just gave me some good ideas.....[runs off to Lowes....]

Xtreme Cruncher
    @ Snow
    Currently messing with:
    Intel DP55SB Sharpsberg
    i7-860 (stock) under a Zalman CNPS-8700NT cooler
    4x4GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600
    XFX Radeon 5850 Black Edition (765, 1125 stock)
    Mushkin Chronos DX 240GB and 1.5 TB WD Black
    Powered by a Seasonic X-650 and stuffed into a Silverstone GD05 case

Xtreme Member
    81'th by rac YAY
    Last edited by Szpara; 05-13-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Are the stats down? I get a odd pic now instead of stats...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaotai View Post
    Are the stats down? I get a odd pic now instead of stats...
    Yeah, apparently. Same here for me.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Finally broke into top 100! ranked 99 now... gotta keep pushing this was a big personal goal for me and it feels really good to get here... I just have to figure out how to catch up to Artemm now..
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Congrats Fhqwhgads6680!!!!!!!!
    That is also one of my goals but still a distant one, for now I keep trudging along making each 100 in team rank a new goal.
    Samsung 42" LCD/Antec 1200 Case/Corsair 1000W PS/ Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 / Intel I7 990X 3.47 @ 4.5 / 3 x RX360 rad /Apogee Xt /2 x 128gb Patriot Torqx M28's @ Raid 0/ WD 600Gb VelociRaptor / Kingston Hyper X 12Gb (6x2) DDR3 2000/ XFX DD HD 7970

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Congrats Fhqwhgads6680!

I made it to the sub 500's and am happy. Slowly passing up all the people that haven't posted points in a long time.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey guys! thanks a bunch! it has been a long time coming(2 1/2 years) and I am just glad I can contribute to this awesome team! You guys all ROCK!

team!
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Fhqwhgads6680,congrats man,i cant wait til i break sub 100.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Cruncher
    Congrats man! Takes dedication to make it here on a team like this...

You're not thinking about passing me now are ya? :

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680 View Post
    Finally broke into top 100! ranked 99 now... gotta keep pushing this was a big personal goal for me and it feels really good to get here... I just have to figure out how to catch up to Artemm now..
    And good luck with that. I'm working on it, but at the speed he passed me i don't see it actually happening. If you can, you're a better man than i.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    i finally hit 500 boinc and 90 rac

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Cruncher
    got into the top 400 finally

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Just joined...we'll see what my little laptop does before the desktop is up and running.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think you understand what is my point. Take a look at this:

I`m pretty much because of that.
    Phtography equipment for now: Nikon D5000 & 50mm f/1.8G

Devil kept pokin'
    Finally broke into the top 50 in RAC
    Ive been working on that for the past month
    To bad I;ll probably fall off later this week, once I take 2 AMD;s off and swap an i7 in their place
    I hate down time

XSDCMF
    Hmmm, gonna be passed by Fallwind soon. Congrats, dude! You've been crunching hard.
    I had to cut back due to electricity costs and will probably never run at the level I was. If only power $$ weren't an issue; I could do over 500,000/day. alas, that ain't the case.
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by slaveondope View Post
    Finally broke into the top 50 in RAC
    Ive been working on that for the past month
    To bad I;ll probably fall off later this week, once I take 2 AMD;s off and swap an i7 in their place
    I hate down time
    Seriously?

Not even a year in and already pushing top 50. Way to crunch my friend.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thought I'd join in the festivities as I finally reached my initial WCG goals this past weekend. Top 200 at Extreme (pos. 194 today) and top 300 in Canada ( pos. 287 today )

Snow Crash, excellent.. Many of those thoughts going through my head now. Some how got a little cared away and bought a whack of parts and now have an i7-920 build that I'm putting together+. Hmm where to put it?

Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Cruncher
    I know each stats site has their own method to the rankings but my SR-2 rig is now #1 in average credit according to boinicstats Link
    Samsung 42" LCD/Antec 1200 Case/Corsair 1000W PS/ Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 / Intel I7 990X 3.47 @ 4.5 / 3 x RX360 rad /Apogee Xt /2 x 128gb Patriot Torqx M28's @ Raid 0/ WD 600Gb VelociRaptor / Kingston Hyper X 12Gb (6x2) DDR3 2000/ XFX DD HD 7970

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sRHunt3r View Post
    I know each stats site has their own method to the rankings but my SR-2 rig is now #1 in average credit according to boinicstats Link
    Congrats sRhunt3r ! That's quite a rig you and others are running!
    It sure would be nice to have the cash to setup 4 of those units in the house!

I tried to convince the wife I need one instead of new window blinds, but guess who won that one ! Hence I had to settle for an REIII and 980x

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark View Post
    Congrats sRhunt3r ! That's quite a rig you and others are running!
    It sure would be nice to have the cash to setup 4 of those units in the house!

I tried to convince the wife I need one instead of new window blinds, but guess who won that one ! Hence I had to settle for an REIII and 980x
    That's one hellova settle and an awesome rig I would love replace my 920's with 980x's but after the SR-2 build the wife would most likely me.

Hamster Powered
    Congratulations guys on some fine work. Everyone is working hard and producing great scores, well done.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sRHunt3r View Post
    That's one hellova settle and an awesome rig I would love replace my 920's with 980x's but after the SR-2 build the wife would most likely me.
    It's a good thing we have those wonderful women in our lives to keep us from going crazy

I'm in transition right now after buying that new rig ++, and have a bunch of board/CPU swaping etc. to do. So I threw the 980x into the rampage II Gene while I await a mobo WB.
    But it was bugging the hell out of me having a 920 sitting there not crunching. Figured there was no way I was going to get three machines and all the hardware in my office running on the circuits in the room so I could setup the third machine. So this morning I hooked up two UPS's to the running rigs and figured what the heck slap the 920 together on the REIII and see if the UPS's get initiated, on a circuit trip. Lo and behold I was able to get the 980x(oc), 860(oc) and 920 plus all peripherals all running on the circuits in my office (must have seperate breakers for upper/lower plug-ins)! I'm not going to push my luck and OC the 920 right now, but am heading out to pickup a wireless network card so I can place the 920 somewhere else, where I'm not sure but somewhere in my Man Den
    Besides it already gets tooo hot in my office, a third machine and I'm likely to turn the office into a Sauna lol

Then I'm taking some pictures of the rigs to take to the hospital to show my younger sister what we do to help solve disease's like Cancer. Being an Academic I'm sure she will be impressed with what our community does.

Go peeps go ....

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast