Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any AMD mini-ITX love?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    That Gigabyte board is Embedded Mini-ITX form factor
    So don't keep your hopes high for wide availability and affordable pricing.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm hoping for the best here Cooper

If it be Giga or not, I would snap up not one but a few of those ITX boards if they become available and the price isn't too bad.

Intel users are extremely lucky Zotac gave them that little gem.

Xtreme Addict
    hmm, gigabyte board only supports 65watt.

I'd rank the MINIX above that board overall, but the 4x slot and SO-DIMM ram kind of lets it down.

Xtreme Addict
    It's difficult to speculate about the price. Gigabyte isn't really known for their ITX boards. MSI have made several boards and they're not THAT expensive, even though they're under the industrial computing category. I've seen prices around €150, while brands like Commell can be over €300.

Xtreme Addict
    Albatron have updated their 780G board, it uses regular RAM now. No info about the PCIe slot.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Albatron have updated their 780G board, it uses regular RAM now. No info about the PCIe slot.
    http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/p...ication&no=263

EDIT: It's not the same card it seems... It's a full-size PCI-E slot running @ PCI-E 2.0 x4. I guess x4 is decent for that formfactor, it should bottleneck say a HD4770/4850 all that much - Atleast thats the specs for the mobo listed on their website
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Addict
    Interesting board.

I wonder when AMD boards will feature a full PCI-E.2 x16 slot like the Zotac intel one.

But If I can find one of these in my area for a reasonable price I might pick on up and see how it fares

I recently contacted Zotac and they were pretty useless.

They kept pointing me to an AMD board with x1 PCI-E slot. After I requested x16.

Then suddenly they started telling me that their mATX boards aren't much bigger than mini-ITX and that I should get one since it uses full x16 slot
    Last edited by N19h7m4r3; 07-01-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    If Albatron keeps the model name then they're just stupid. Only the change of RAM slots is a reason for a new name, and I hope they've done something about x4 bottleneck, but that remains to be seen.
    x8 would be enough for a 4770, but I really can't see why they must cripple them at all.
    Sure, fewer traces in the board, but if MSI can squeeze in dual RAM slots, PCIe x16, PCI, and mini-PCIe in the same size (mobile Intel tho) then there's no excuse.

Xtreme Addict
    So true Mats! So damn true.

Intel boads have alot of nice features and don't seem to be cut down as much.

I'm sure the extra traces to make the slot x8 wouldn't up the price "that much".

Considering the Intel boards are sold at all Irish and UK places proves there's a market for them.

If they did the same with AMD boards they'd sell fairly well I'd say.

Xtreme Addict
    That MSI Intel board is a good example of PCIe x16 mini-ITX that isn't extremely expensive. It starts at €165, and while it's more than similar µATX, you get some features that aren't very common, like dual Gigabit LAN, LVDS (if you need that), and mini-PCIe.
    A similar Aopen and Commell board would probably cost above €220.
    MSI have become mini-ITX friendly the last three years. No AMD x16 yet, tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12