Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asus 4870X2 RMA - it's beyond a joke!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    I agree...

Last month I RMAd a BFG videocard, and when they sent me the replacement it was a card that was 1/2 the power of the one I sent in. When I called in, they tried to tell me it was just as good and that there was no problem.

If I hadn't tracked down a rep, I would have been screwed.
    Not meaning to thread jack but Machinus and other people in the UK with BFG RMA issues might find this thread useful
    BFG UK number is in this thread somewhere... along with my tales of woe..
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just dont get why everyone is so supportive of Asus. They have terrible customer service. I have rmad things with plenty of other manufacturers and anyone who takes weeks to respond I dont do business with again. I sometimes think to myself I would rather RMA a new purchase just to test how their customer service is but then of course I would be out my new toy. I recently rmad a gigabyte motherboard and there were no issues. They responded quickly and set up the rma quickly and upon receiving the rmad item the turn around was quick including quick shipping. Perfect. Unlike rmaing an asus board which took me almost 2 months or 3 months i cant even remember anymore but I have never went back again. I am very happy with gigabyte now.
    EVGA 680i T1 Intel x6800
    4x1gb OCZ ddr2 8500 sli edition
    8800 gtx
    ultra x3 1000 watt
    NEC 20wmgx2 20.1 LCD
    Lite-on DVDR SHM 165H6S Lite-on DVDR SOHW 1673S
    2x WD 36.6 GB Raptor Raid 0
    4x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS
    Logitech G15 razer deathadder
    apogee gtx mcw30 north and south
    pa120.2 x2 and mcw655x2 in series

Xtreme Addict
    I agree Tommy
    It's sad to see many companies forget to support those who supported them by parting with their money to purchase their products.
    I think it is about time these hardware sites such as Tom's Hardware, Anandtech, Hexus et al reviewed various company's RMA procedure IN THE USA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD (call me bias, but it is important that the rest of the world has the RMA procedure reviewed as there are companies that do have fantastic USA support, but shambolic European and Asian support)
    John

Xtreme Addict
    BFG is actually ok - you find the contact number for their office in Wales and seriously, the guys are sound as heck about it. They accidently shipped my cards to a wrong address, sent them to mine for next day, arrived smashed by Fedex, so they took them back (they arranged pickups etc so no fees) and upgraded me further with another 2 cards. (7600GT's > 8600GT's > 8800GTS's)

No questions asked and nothing but appologetic about what had happend.

Asus RMA's go through Czech and Netherlands (depending on what hardware it is) BUT the RMA tracking system isn't the same system used when they ship from the UK. Also, Asus charge you £16 to perform an RMA outwith a vendor (for though out of 1st yr etc). The place that takes the RMA's isn't far from where I live and even getting a hold of them is bad enough. Roll on Gigabyte with UK based repairs!

~Bex
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    This is exactly why I don't have ANY Asus products in my rigs anymore.

The only thing Asus is worthy to be is mockups for modifying my cases, only time it can't go wrong.

I feel sorry for you and this situation is way out of line, but I also feel sorry for the guy at Asus because you can tell he's trying, but being run over.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks Bex, I'll make a note that Gigabyte have decent RMA and support for my next build
    Fingers crossed on your Video Card Replacement going smoothly from here on in
    John

Xtreme Member
    I just received my 2nd rma from ASUS for a Tri-Fan model of 4870X2 and it has the same exact problem (Both DVI ports cannot display 2560X1600, one maxes out at 1280x800 when connected to a 30" monitor). I have Visiontek 4870X2 that does not have this problem. When I received the first RMA from them, it had the same exact problem even though I requested specifically that they test the functionality of the Tri-Fan model.

Anyway, ended up RMA'ing just because they weren't getting back to me about it. Lo and behold, new Tri-Fan model sent to me, but same exact problem. I just spoke with their level 3 and asked if they could just send me one of their GTX295/285 (I'm thinking 285 because I am tired of dealing with dual gpus as well as AMD, bought a FirePro V8700 and it took over a month to get a support question answered... all this time I thought paying the higher cost included higher support, not true). They told me that they would have to verify the problem before they could send me a different card. So, all in all, ASUS is just wasting my time- best they could do is cover my shipping costs for the third RMA.

I wish I had the time to throw together a website for Manufacturer warranty support ratings, cause I would do it in a heartbeat. It would save us customers a lot of time and money.

Xtreme Addict
    Indeed. I was thinking a GTX285 would be cheaper for me 2 get a second 1 and cheaper for blocks but meh, they're definitely giving me the GTX295 now (lol I should have asked for an Asus MARS LOL)

Hopefully it arrives some time soon.

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragy2k View Post
    dam thats unlucky ....coulda been worse thou you coulda bought a BFG card.....let us know how u get on.....if no joy get his address and malky him !
    BFG in the USA has one of the best RMA's i have ever dealt with. ASUS on the other hand sucks all over the globe it appears.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Indeed. I was thinking a GTX285 would be cheaper for me 2 get a second 1 and cheaper for blocks but meh, they're definitely giving me the GTX295 now (lol I should have asked for an Asus MARS LOL)

Hopefully it arrives some time soon.

~Bex
    Atleast you get something good in the end, congrats and enjoy your newer faster card.

Got one of my Asus 4870's back from the shop (sold the other one, still working) and they said RMA is a no-go due to a cracked core, basically they blamed me and voided warranty. They told me sending the card back to the importer would definently not get me a new card, and I'd have to pay 40 euros if it came back from them with the warranty voided. I just removed the cooler and checked, two of the corners of the GPU look very very very tinily rounded, not sharp like the other two. The size of those "cracks" must be like 0.01mm x 0.01 or something, I can barely see them.

The thing is, I had this card no-posting some time ago, and it went away with a cooler reseat (card had no ramsinks stock, and I kept the stock VRM sink on with the stock heat tape), so I find it hard to believe that I cracked the core since the card worked fine when I left on friday, and was dead when I came back on sunday, my computer was off the whole time, cooler untouched.

Never buying from that shop again, another shop replaced my saphire 3870x2 within 11 days of RMA (a couple of SMD components off, screws showed signs of tampering, and I changed the TIM's on the GPU heatsinks) no questions asked.

Now I have an Asus GTX 295

EDIT: nevermind, my Rampage II Gene broke the integrated NIC and two memory slots. I have a LAN upcoming in 11 days, I wonder if I can get a new one by RMA before it...
    Last edited by joger; 07-26-2009 at 06:40 AM.
    | A hunk of molten metal, plastic and wires |

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by joger View Post
    Got one of my Asus 4870's back from the shop (sold the other one, still working) and they said RMA is a no-go due to a cracked core, basically they blamed me and voided warranty. They told me sending the card back to the importer would definently not get me a new card, and I'd have to pay 40 euros if it came back from them with the warranty voided. I just removed the cooler and checked, two of the corners of the GPU look very very very tinily rounded, not sharp like the other two. The size of those "cracks" must be like 0.01mm x 0.01 or something, I can barely see them.

The thing is, I had this card no-posting some time ago, and it went away with a cooler reseat (card had no ramsinks stock, and I kept the stock VRM sink on with the stock heat tape), so I find it hard to believe that I cracked the core since the card worked fine when I left on friday, and was dead when I came back on sunday, my computer was off the whole time, cooler untouched.

Never buying from that shop again, another shop replaced my saphire 3870x2 within 11 days of RMA (a couple of SMD components off, screws showed signs of tampering, and I changed the TIM's on the GPU heatsinks) no questions asked.

Now I have an Asus GTX 295

EDIT: nevermind, my Rampage II Gene broke the integrated NIC and two memory slots. I have a LAN upcoming in 11 days, I wonder if I can get a new one by RMA before it...
    Lol yup! Asus = FAIL!!!

What LAN are you going to? i37 by any chance?

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Xtreme Addict
    ROFLMBFFAO! I couldn't believe it when I pulled the box out. Looked tattered and torn and then, I see this!!!

Flip it over and then I see this!!!

Quick - someone go check CPC and PC Format and tell me if my card got a good review!!!

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Ha, Finaly! At last you got something worth it.

Xtreme Addict
    Jesus, that mofo is sooooooooooooooooo heavy!

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Xtreme Addict
    Jesus, that mofo is sooooooooooooooooo heavy!

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Xtreme Addict
    Heres your wonderful card review LOL

http://www.custompc.co.uk/reviews/60...e-gtx-295.html

Xtreme Addict
    Glad to see you got the card in the end Bex
    Cool..it was was a review card too
    I hope your new card works out.
    John

Xtreme Addict
    *face palm* Typical... bad review - probs a crap card then....

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Xtreme Addict
    *face palm* Typical... bad review - probs a crap card then....

~Bex

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :

Xtreme Mentor
    That is exactly why I would never buy a video card from Asus. I have dealt with Asus before and their customer service if thats what you want to call it is horrific. I doubt that my next motherboard will be an Asus board but my P5Q D has treated me so well. They make quality products but their customer service is the worst in the buisness.

Have you guys ever read that Asus customer service review by Benchzowner? It's pretty sad.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Laine View Post
    This is exactly why I don't have ANY Asus products in my rigs anymore.

The only thing Asus is worthy to be is mockups for modifying my cases, only time it can't go wrong.

I feel sorry for you and this situation is way out of line, but I also feel sorry for the guy at Asus because you can tell he's trying, but being run over.
    Same here.

Xtreme Guru
    It seems those Asus RMA issues are mainly overseas. Outside of the tech guy that didn't know what a motherboard was and the other guy that had his mind made up even before I started to describe the issue it was my other hardware's fault. My RMAs went smooth. It didn't help though that the board I bought was an RMA and stright died on me the next day. Then the replacement died after I tried to OC my CPU. Those were my only issues.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I heard so many bad things about the Asus customer support and seen such a degradation in general product quality that I don't even consider Asus as an option for any hardware anymore, it is sad how a decent company can go so wrong.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'll never buy another Asus video card ever again after my two RMA horror stories with the two I purchased (3870 and 4850.)

On the other hand, have bought well over 15 Asus motherboards and have had one fail, a CUSL2 from waaaay back, and it RMA'd easily. Still use Asus motherboards and have been quite pleased with them....even have an Asus 26" LCD monitor and it's been perfect, too. (Knock on wood.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast