Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capilary bond acrylic from the outside edge?

Engineering The Xtreme
    Thanks guys,

Externally the res is 10"H x 7"D x 5.75"W - but it wont be filled all the way as I will be creating a waterfall effect with the inlets

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    That's a big reservoir. What are the dimensions? It looks great.

Make sure to leave it alone for a few days to cure fully before you do any pressure testing. I personally pressure test with air pressure using a cheap vacuum gauge (about $13) that I got at Harbor Freight and my air compressor. This way I can pump the res up to 20psi or so and make sure that it doesn't leak. I figure that if it holds 20psi for an hour, it won't leak. So far any res that has passed this test has never failed.
    I learned a while ago that air compressors and acrylic reservoirs don't mix too well. I was trying to dry out a single bay Typhoon res with just 5psi and made the mistake of putting my finger over the hole all the air was coming out of. This was the result.

The top part flew past my left ear @ I'd say roughly 100-150 FPS and it made a very loud boom that stunned me for a few seconds.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12