Thread: ThrottleStop - Performance Adjustment Tool for Core 2 / Core i CPUs

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict
    When ThrottleStop is minimized to the system tray, the performance difference is minimal. If you're bored, can you post some benchmark scores with and without TS minimized to the System Tray. I'm just curious.

If you don't want ThrottleStop running, eating up CPU cycles, you can use the ExitTime=5 INI option and the program will automatically exit 5 seconds after it gets your CPU setup. Also try playing with the setting, "Do Not Reset FID/VID on Exit" in the Options window so your CPU is set up however you like it when TS exits. Make sure you are using the Windows high performance profile.

If that box is not checked, it will write the highest multiplier to the multiplier request register when it exits. If that box is checked, it doesn't touch that register so whatever information that was last sent to that register is maintained. On my E8400 that I used to run at 8.0 x 500 MHz, it was important to have that feature checked or else when TS exited, it would write the default 9.0 multiplier to that register and a BSOD was soon to follow when the CPU tried to run at 4500 MHz (9.0 x 500 MHz) instead of 4000 MHz.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 08-08-2011 at 09:37 AM.