Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone TJ07, X58 Classified, Dominator GT, i7 920 D0 (3849B041)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinticfury View Post
    Nah sorry Kuntz I dont do paypal, EMT would be easier but hey I am planning on taking my rig apart for some plasti dipping and custom painting so I might be able to do some midplate work. Most likely in december though xD
    Ah nice, keep me posted then!

Xtreme Member
    Bonzaiiiii!!!

Last edited by Kuntz; 02-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is the best worklog ever

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    Indeed it is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    x2 ...it's not just a worklog it's "story-log"

Xtreme Member
    One of the funnest worklogs I've seen.
    You make MacGyvering a rig with napkins, KY and spit look good.

More!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now Playing

black freighter: i7 920 | evga classified | mm extended ascension pedestal | 2 x 300gb vraps
    dead men tell no tales build: q9770 | asus striker 2 extreme | 2x4gb ddr3 ocz reaper | 2 x gtx 280 oc2 | 2x 300gb vraps | mm ufo-cyo | pcp&c 1200W

Xtreme Member
    Thanks guys!

I have to re-wire my lights for a 3rd time because the slight force/pull placed on the un-soldered joints causes enough resistance to lower the brightness of the lights, or dim them out almost completely. Now I know why Logisys only included 10 inches of wire, these 680 volt inverters are insanely sensitive to resistance, and the slightest bit and they lose almost all brightness! I think anyways. I have no experience working with anything over 120 volts, and I've never dealt with an inverter before.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was suprised you got those CCFLs working at all with extensions... don't get me started on those damn lights! Whoever invented them should be drawn & quartered.

Nice implementation of the Marrette Caps. It's not often you see then used in computer builds... It's a nice touch and pulls the overall "look" together, IMHO.

Will there be any butt connectors used?

Ok, I must confess I like saying butt connectors. Try it - go to Home Depot and ask the guy in Kitchens & Bath for butt connectors. Or better yet - ask the cute girl who works in the lighting & ceiling fans section. Make sure you make good eye contact. If you're feeling particularly brave, ask her for butt splice connectors... but say it really fast...

Love the worklog... looking forward to more!

Xtreme Member

Tomorrow I will have to really look hard for some high-voltage wiring. I highly doubt any normal store/hardware store will carry such a thing. =[
    Last edited by Kuntz; 02-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am really enjoying this work log...its more fun then any other that I have read in the recent past...cheers mate and keep it going.

Xtreme Member
    Don't use super glue to cover wounds, it can poison your blood=P

Great build log.

Xtreme Member
    using glue for wound is new to me,
    this is no doubt most entertaining worklog for me
    i also amazed with your ghetto creativity
    nice one sir , keep it up )

Engineering The Xtreme
    dude, that cut on your finger, the exact same thing happened to me the other day. I had my hand in a system trying to stop a wire from knocking against the intel stock cooler... for some reason that thing was spinning at 4000rpm and the very outer corner of the fan clipped my finger

there was blood everywhere and legit arterial spurting from my finger. I was baffled that I could bleed so much from a cut less than a half inch long

Xtreme Member
    Great worklog DD

btw in Fallout 4 will be healing with superglue perk
    ~~~~~~~~water ed ~~~~~~~~~~
    Sry 4 my english
    http://galeriawc.pl

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    Don't use super glue to cover wounds, it can poison your blood =P
    Nope!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superglue

Superglue is perfectly safe for even large open wounds. It instantly bonds skin and heals gashes, and has been used in wars to quickly heal soldiers while they are being transported to better medical care!

Non-medical superglue is an irritant, so keep that in mind, that your wound may hurt or itch shortly after applying the glue, but this irritation will go away eventually. Medical superglue is less of an irritant, and I believe the tubing itself is made to be more sterilized for medical application. I've used a bunch of times, you can buy 5 small tubes of it at Dollarama for $1 haha.

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    by far one of the best work logs i've ever read! keep it up! i will definantly be coming back to see more of this!
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Member
    Tada!

Last edited by Kuntz; 02-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't get it, don't you have a washing machine?! Boys these days!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamaxx View Post
    It's Polyester! You can't wash that, it needs dry cleaning. Also, that is red (now pink) dye, you can't really get rid of that either.

Edit-Hmm the tag says it can be machine washed! I will try this tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamaxx View Post
    If he's using Feser good luck, I have an emergency sock I used to sop up a spill that is still stained a pink/orage.

This worklog is refreshing though, I thought I had some of the ghettoest solutions around, making my own likely highly unsafe wires an such, good to know someone else is fighting the good fight!

The sock, almost as absorbent as 3 McDonald's napkins.
    Last edited by No1451; 07-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I buy a bag of rags from the local hardware store for $6 and use them generously

oh man "wire weights" FTW didnt ruin a new sheet...just obtained a new work bench cloth

Xtreme Member
    Alright, so I had the system up and running today, and everything related to the cooling is working fine. I am even typing to you on the computer! It's barely set up though.

Anyways, my Corsair memory is the stuff that is broken and being recalled. It can barely pass MemTest at severly underclocked settings, 1066MHz speeds instead of 1866MHz, 9-9-9-27 instead of 7-8-7-20, and 1.65 volts. So I am in the process of doing an RMA for it.

As a slight hint of what the future holds, I was able to overclock to 3.5GHz at stock 1.15 voltage, and I passed a 4 minute OCCT but then I had to leave for a movie (Bruno!). But I have a feeling this will be a good overclocking chip!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
    Alright, so I had the system up and running today, and everything related to the cooling is working fine. I am even typing to you on the computer! It's barely set up though.

Anyways, my Corsair memory is the stuff that is broken and being recalled. It can barely pass MemTest at severly underclocked settings, 1066MHz speeds instead of 1866MHz, 9-9-9-27 instead of 7-8-7-20, and 1.65 volts. So I am in the process of doing an RMA for it.

As a slight hint of what the future holds, I was able to overclock to 3.5GHz at stock 1.15 voltage, and I passed a 4 minute OCCT but then I had to leave for a movie (Bruno!). But I have a feeling this will be a good overclocking chip!
    I have the same memory and board as you and have a couple of quick questions about the memory.

What is the batch number on your? also did you every get it run at rated speeds and then it stopped working?

This whole corasir memory thing has me worried to run mine now....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm804 View Post
    I have the same memory and board as you and have a couple of quick questions about the memory.

What is the batch number on your? also did you every get it run at rated speeds and then it stopped working?

This whole corasir memory thing has me worried to run mine now....
    I can't really check the batch number without taking some of it apart and moving it, so I will just say I ordered it from NCIX on June 16th. Although the failure % is low, if even 1 of your modules has issues I would return all 3 in exchange for 3 working ones (in a month or so when Corsair gets the new batch).

It never passed any MemTest86+ at it's rated speeds, timings, and voltage. I dropped the speed to 1600 and it still failed at the same spot. I dropped it to 1066 and it still failed at the same spot. I can only pass MemTest with 1066 speeds, 1.65 volts, and 9-9-9-27 timings.

I can't even OC my computer because of the heavy restriction on this memory haha. My mobo doesn't seem to have 6x RAM Multi, it has it in BIOS, when it first boots it says 800MHz (6x), but in CPU-Z/E-LEET it says my true RAM speed/multi is 1066MHz and 8x. =\

I'm not sure what is going wrong there. Some people aer having modules that completely disappear. Like, they boot their computer and they only now have 4GB ram and not 6GB. The entire module just failed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast