Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone TJ07, X58 Classified, Dominator GT, i7 920 D0 (3849B041)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadur View Post
    great parts you got there..
    but why you didnt use the new EK's classfield waterblock?
    keep up the good work!
    I don't think it matters too much which blocks you use. Koolance is ranked #2 on the most recent list HESmelaugh put together (for i7's). And when I checked NCIX at the time, there were no EK blocks listed!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=224976
    Last edited by Kuntz; 06-27-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo!

Xtreme Guru
    I love your creativity Kuntz. Keep it up.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
    I don't think it matters too much which blocks you use. Koolane is ranked #2 on the most recent list HESmelaugh put together (for i7's). And when I checked NCIX at the time, there were no EK blocks listed!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=224976
    i like the look of that koolance block, love the way you put the build together.

keep it coming, top notch work!
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Member
    Alright, it's almost done! 4 more pics for ya, all that is really left is to wire up the lights....all 8 of them

I am going to start off with the 4 UV lights, and add the Red one's if I feel it is necessary or adds to the cool factor. Something tells me it wont, but it's worth the shot.

I'm upset Corsair doesn't black-sleeve their 24-pin all the way to the connector, so that may be something I deal with down the road. For now, the reservoir is going to block sight to it, so it's no big deal.

I think I'm done for the day though. That took 8 hours and it doesn't seem like I did anything haha.

Last edited by Kuntz; 02-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    I would get some of this for that 24 pin cable. Looks great.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very practical. Gotta say I like the KY Jelly and Cardboard. Keep it comin'.

Looks good. The one thing I would try is perhaps rotating your CPU block so you can avoid your tubing crossing over itself. I doubt there will be an impact on temps (But, of course, I could be wrong).

I like all the red!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I like the crossed tubing look. next you should try braiding it.

...what, it's a valid idea
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Member
    great build so far - may I ask what that covering up the 5.25" bays are?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Stvwndr219 View Post
    great build so far - may I ask what that covering up the 5.25" bays are?
    cardboard

Xtreme Member
    Actually it's 77 cent Black Construction Paper from Zellers. You get a giant sheet of it, it's pretty thick, you can see it in the Glue Stick pictures.

Xtreme Member
    Well my Radiator connection from the Res is leaking, quite a lot. I purposely made sure these connections and my pump connections would be super secure because I have no way of accessing them once the computer is assembled. I should have used Barbs for my Radiator, lesson learned, big time. Barbs are much more secure than Compression Fittings since CF's twist with the tubing, and that's not a good thing!

I will try to fix this in place, and save myself 10 hours of rebuilding time. If not, I will have to cut out the faulty tube and connection and fix it that way.

=[

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntz View Post
    Actually it's 77 cent Black Construction Paper from Zellers. You get a giant sheet of it, it's pretty thick, you can see it in the Glue Stick pictures.
    I was close enough That sucks about the leak

Xtreme Member
    Alright, it is the top of my Rad that is leaking, where the G1/4 from the C-Fitting goes into the Rad. The weird thing is, I leak tested it for 30 minutes while watching it, no leaks. I even went crazy on it and moved it around. wiggled it, compressed all the tubing hard with my fingers, and basically tried very hard to make anything leak. Nothing leaked. I turn off my pump, wait about 5 seconds, and turn it back on, the G1/4 Rad fitting instantly starts leaking big time. I didn't move it, touch it, wiggle it, nothing. What caused this? Why was it fine for 30 mintues even with me abusing it a lot, and then I restart the pump and it starts leaking quite a bit?

In either case, it will have to be disassembled and re-fitted with some barbs and steel hose clamps.

Another question: There is a stream of tiny air bubbles coming from my Chipset block, through the tubing tornado-style, into the Res and leaving a frothy kool-aid style fizz on top. Where is the air coming from? How do I help get rid of air bubbles from my loop?

Xtreme Guru
    You just have to let the loop run to bleed all the air out. Tip the case all which way to make certain all the air has gotten out of the rads. It took me about 5 hours to get mine fully bled.

I have no clue why that rad started leaking

Xtreme Addict
    dude, more foreplay, don't rush it, give it time, easy does it... won't need no K-Y...

awesome build!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Member
    Sigh

Last edited by Kuntz; 02-04-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    O yea, you were using that swifty rad, should of gotten some of these adapters. It works a little better when tighten the fittings.

It seems you require a Big Mac for dinner

Might also want to get a drain hooked up in there, might be easier for any future drainings

I love the photo of the stairs. I was thinking your were going to throw the coolant down the stairs and run

of the Strawhat crew.
    Lmao! Nice build log!

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    What did you eat in the second last pic omg!

Hopefully it all turns out good in the end!
    I am Xtreme

Xtreme Member
    Well it is official, my radiator connection is broken. I have tried 2 different fittings and neither was able to create a seal. =\

It is impossible to really tell where the leak is taking place, but I will try to pick up some plumbing white goop tape to seal those threads up permanently, and use one helluva large wrench to really tighten that barb in there. If that doesn't work, RMA time!

Looks like another $22 in tubing and $20 in coolant needs to be spent, and another 1-2 week wait... sigh

Xtreme Member
    very best project.
    • i7 920 D0
    • Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    • Corsair Dominator 12GB
    • MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition OC 2GB
    • OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
    • WD1002FAEX 1TB
    • Corsair HX850W
    • CaseLabs Magnum TH10
    • Dell UltraSharp U2410
    • Logitech G500
    • SteelSeries QcK Mass
    • Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kuntz: you could always use the "toss flour on it to find the wet spot" method of finding the leak

Xtreme Member
    Well despite a leaking radiator, and the loop only being filled 1/3 with coolant, and none of my fans being hooked up, I booted it up today to make sure all my components still worked. I ran Memtest86+ once again, but just the first 3 tests (takes about 2 minutes), to make sure that was still functioning at least on a basic level. There was so much air in my loop, and my Res was pretty much just pink fizz, lots and lots of pink fizz. You know how Water Slides only have a bit of water at the bottom? That is what all of my tubing looked like haha. With all of this wrong, the CPU was still at room temp or 1 degree higher, and the NB was about 6c higher. So at least it still works!

I have decided to get a friend, who is a plumber, to thread-tape the barbs and then we will use plumbers soldier to seal the barbs to the Radiator. I will do one more full inspection of the Radiator to make sure it is really the threads that are leaking. It really seems that way, and I do not see any other crack or flaw that the fluid could come from. Plus, the leaky barbs seal and seal area is completely soaked with coolant, and the other barb that doesn't leak, it's completely dry. The leaky G1/4 therads look ... odd ... they just don't look right, it's a gut feeling.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    very nice work!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast