Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance PCs

Xtreme Member
    I don't see how I was disrespectful to begin with.

The way it transpired was I asked why the system weighs it at 5.8 lb when in it is really 1.9 lb, in billing terms that is a 4lb difference.

He explains the checkout system's method of calculation. If you actually read it in detail, then you will realize that this has nothing to do with human error. The only human error involved was claming I was a waste of time and a bad customer. Last I checked, I am complaining about the overcharge and not the insults.

The fact he explained how the system works, states it is fair, and then the company goes around saying that shipping material was worth 2 dollars means that there is an obvious overcharge and that he simply neglected to look at it.

Again there are comments about my reply is garnering attention. Let me write it in full so we can analyze it:

well apparently your system is way off then because i was charged for 5.8lbs when the actual weight is 1.9lbs. So I don't see how that is fair, I just got a response back from UPS and the price would definitely be different.

Now that you are aware that you did overcharge, will I be compensated for it?
    The only part that I find anyway offensive... if you can even call it that... was the "Well apparently your system is way off..." You see the problem I had with his response, regarding explanation of how the system weighs shipping, was he was already aware of the actual shipping price & cost of shipping material. Yet his initial response to my inquiry did not have any admittance to the overcharge. The only time there was admittance was when I called UPS and checked myself. Which is obviously after this 3 sentence response we are analyzing.

So yes, it is apparent... more so for customer support since they have the actual value of costs for both shipping & shipping material.

If you wish to nitpick my 3 sentences to defend customer support, that's fine. But how about you simply look at the company response and compare it to mine before we put my 3 sentences under a microscope.

Now the first time they screwed up, it was human error... I don't deny this, but the error made was to my expense. No matter how someone behaves, you cannot rationalize why the customer should pay for the company error. So that is where my problem lies, it has nothing to do with human error.

If you feel that it is okay for customers to pay for company errors then so be it. But if this is seriously the type of behavior you are use to, perhaps you really should look for another vendor.

Think about it this for a minute... We... as customers... are looking at my 3 sentence response under a microscope instead of asking ourselves "was that an appropriate response based on those 3 sentences?" "Is that how a company should behave?" "Is that checkout system cheating us?"

I shouldn't have to hold customer support's hand and explain to them how they overcharged me, especially since they already knew. I just had to argue the matter for them to address it.

Maybe... just maybe customers, in general, wouldn't be so angry and obnoxious if companies put more effort into customer support. I mean... have you guys tried calling customer support these days on major companies we deal with? It is truthfully refreshing to get responses from companies like Sidewinder or Petra's... why? because they talk to customers like they are intelligent human beings. If you ask me, if customer support talks to you like you aren't sure of the difference between your ass or your face, then you are entitled to at least act like an ass.

And when I was told that I must've made a mistake on my tubing size, hence why all my compression fittings don't fit, that is basically saying I'm so stupid I can't measure the difference between 1/2" ID 5/8" OD vs 3/8" ID 5/8" OD

Regardless of how his employees behaved, my particular situation has been fixed. I am appreciative, on a personal level, since it was fixed by Hank. But that doesn't mean I'm suddenly okay with the entire matter. When you are in the business of selling, you need to be detailed to what you are doing and what you are charging. If it is their intention to charge a 'service fee' for shipping out their own products then so be it. I personally don't like it, but at least I know I am payin $x.xx for them to simply package something, and i'm paying $x.xx for material, and then $x.xx for shipping costs. It is like newegg's policies on LCDs and Laptops, they won't refund or replace dead pixels... which i think is B.S., a partially broken item... no matter how partial it is... is still a broken item. But guess what? They tell you (about 2-3 times before you press that submit order button) about everything you are paying and getting from them.
    Last edited by iceredwing; 06-18-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Asus Maximus II Formula & Q9550 (4.0GHz) w. D-Tek FuZion V2
    Sapphire 4870X2 w. XPSC Waterblock
    8GB OCZ Reaper's HPC DDR2-1066 (5-5-5-10)
    (3) 120GB OCZ Vertex
    (2) 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Silverstone Strider ST1000-NV
    Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Thermochill PA120.3 in Series w/ BIP120 w. MCP355

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dhc0329 View Post
    Sure PPCs have wide variety of selections but do they have all in stocks?
    I wish they mark they pages when the stuff's out of order..

Also, I would not recommend ordering more than 5 items with them because twice they screwed me up with my orders (over 10 items). Strangely, every time this happens it's always missing parts I paid for, not overshippment. One time I had to prove it wasn't shipped.

If you are in a dire need of getting particular parts, looks else where..you may end up wasting time waiting for parts which you won't get with such a disappointment.
    When stuff is OOS, it's impossible to order it.

If it's a fast moving item, the system might allow you to order it but someone else may have ordered the last one just moments before you did. There may also be inaccuracies in small "high count" items that are difficult to inventory (such as ATX pins) that the system may not have a completely accurate count on. I've also personally noticed that their system will only let you order the amount believe to be in stock. No ordering system is 100% perfect as long as there is human input involved, and there are some things that just need the human element. It's a fact of life.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceredwing View Post
    I don't see how I was disrespectful to begin with.

The way it transpired was I asked why the system weighs it at 5.8 lb when in it is really 1.9 lb, in billing terms that is a 4lb difference.

He explains the checkout system's method of calculation. If you actually read it in detail, then you will realize that this has nothing to do with human error. The only human error involved was claming I was a waste of time and a bad customer. Last I checked, I am complaining about the overcharge and not the insults.

The fact he explained how the system works, states it is fair, and then the company goes around saying that shipping material was worth 2 dollars means that there is an obvious overcharge and that he simply neglected to look at it.

Again there are comments about my reply is garnering attention. Let me write it in full so we can analyze it:

The only part that I find anyway offensive... if you can even call it that... was the "Well apparently your system is way off..." You see the problem I had with his response, regarding explanation of how the system weighs shipping, was he was already aware of the actual shipping price & cost of shipping material. Yet his initial response to my inquiry did not have any admittance to the overcharge. The only time there was admittance was when I called UPS and checked myself. Which is obviously after this 3 sentence response we are analyzing.

So yes, it is apparent... more so for customer support since they have the actual value of costs for both shipping & shipping material.

If you wish to nitpick my 3 sentences to defend customer support, that's fine. But how about you simply look at the company response and compare it to mine before we put my 3 sentences under a microscope.

Now the first time they screwed up, it was human error... I don't deny this, but the error made was to my expense. No matter how someone behaves, you cannot rationalize why the customer should pay for the company error. So that is where my problem lies, it has nothing to do with human error.

If you feel that it is okay for customers to pay for company errors then so be it. But if this is seriously the type of behavior you are use to, perhaps you really should look for another vendor.

Think about it this for a minute... We... as customers... are looking at my 3 sentence response under a microscope instead of asking ourselves "was that an appropriate response based on those 3 sentences?" "Is that how a company should behave?" "Is that checkout system cheating us?"

I shouldn't have to hold customer support's hand and explain to them how they overcharged me, especially since they knew already. I just had to be willing to argue the matter for them to address it.

Maybe... just maybe customers, in general, wouldn't be so angry and obnoxious if companies put more effort into customer support. I mean... have you guys tried calling customer support these days on major companies we deal with? It is truthfully refreshing to get responses from companies like Sidewinder or Petra's... why? because they talk to customers like they are intelligent human beings. If you ask me, if customer support talks to you like you aren't sure of the difference between your ass or your face then you are entitled to at least act like an ass.

And when I was told that I must've made a mistake on my tubing size, hence why all my compression fittings don't fit, that is basically saying I'm so stupid I can't measure the difference between 1/2" ID 5/8" OD vs 3/8" ID 5/8" OD
    you've heard me say that I've always had an excellent relationship with PPPC's and never a problem BUT at the same time I can't fault one thing you said.
    Your right, there seems to be some problems with the way they charge for shipping and also a little tact needed on the customer service end.
    They need to stop automating the shipping when it's on multiple items as it's feeding them bogus numbers.
    It may work right for one item such as a case but looks to me like it's adding them as if each were in a separate shipping box and then feeding you that number.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    you've heard me say that I've always had an excellent relationship with PPPC's and never a problem BUT at the same time I can't fault one thing you said.
    Your right, there seems to be some problems with the way they charge for shipping and also a little tact needed on the customer service end.
    They need to stop automating the shipping when it's on multiple items as it's feeding them bogus numbers.
    It may work right for one item such as a case but looks to me like it's adding them as if each were in a separate shipping box and then feeding you that number.
    I found Sidewinder has extremely accurate shipping. My orders are always VERY close to the actual price they paid.

My last item he charged me $102.50 and he paid $101.45.

And honestly, whos gonna fuss about $1.

But yeah. PPC did overestimate my shipping by about $85USD

Xtreme Member
    the amount I fuss about (which is $6.00) might seem stupid. but that is all relative to the actual costs.

Yours was a 1% difference in actual shipping price. Where as mine was a 40% difference.

If the post office charged you $1.00 for the price of a stamp, I'm sure everyone here would complain
    Last edited by iceredwing; 06-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Asus Maximus II Formula & Q9550 (4.0GHz) w. D-Tek FuZion V2
    Sapphire 4870X2 w. XPSC Waterblock
    8GB OCZ Reaper's HPC DDR2-1066 (5-5-5-10)
    (3) 120GB OCZ Vertex
    (2) 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Silverstone Strider ST1000-NV
    Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Thermochill PA120.3 in Series w/ BIP120 w. MCP355

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iceredwing View Post
    the amount I fuss about (which is $6.00) might seem stupid. but that is all relative to the actual costs.

Yours was a 1% difference in actual shipping price. Where as mine was a 40% difference.

If the post office charged you $1.00 for the price of a stamp, I'm sure everyone here would complain
    Yup. Completely reasonable.

That previous post of mine was actually not intended to be directed at you but rather comparing the accuracy of PPC Shipping Calculations vs Sidewinder.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack. View Post
    I would just like to add that I contacted them and they happily are going to send me my correct waterblocks as long as I send them back the incorrect ones, which to me is perfectly fine.

Reading through this thread I have come to a conclusion that most people who have problems with PPC are people who don't respect human fault.

Reading the OP's emails I did personally think he could have been a little more respectful and understanding of the whole situation even if he didn't want to. I understand some people find that hard to do but sometimes you just need to dig deep and realise what's best for the situation at hand. He might not believe that he should be nice because he's the customer and regardless of his attitude he will eventually get what he wants. My order was over $1600 so sure I was angry and frustrated when I realised they sent me the wrong block, but hey, sh*t happens right?

I approached PPC with the calm and respectful person I believe I am and look where it got me. They refunded the huge shipping overcharge which I didn't explicitly ask for, only hinted to them. They are also cross-shipping my proper blocks with the ones I need to ship back to them to ensure that I get them as soon I can.

I just think that when people approach merchants they should bare in mind that even if they are angry or emotional about the situation, conducting yourself in a calm and professional manner will get you much further than acting immature (I'm not saying the OP did) and being extremely rude about the situation.

Whether you think its right or wrong, act professionally, it's the best way.
    I am a small Business owner myself who prides himself in having good customer service. Since I deal with some of peoples prized possessions (I own a Watch & Jewelry repair store) there is always a high amount of pressure to make them happy, even when things go wrong.

With that said, I can tell you after dealing with PPC's once I am reluctant to use them again. I just had an issue unenthusiastically resolved by Customer Service that left a bad taste in my mouth. 3 weeks ago I ordered $600+ worth of stuff including 2 mosfet heat sinks designed for my Asus P6T6. After getting around to installing the mosfet sinks it became apparent this week that one of them was the wrong size. After verifying it with enzotech I contacted PPC's. I explained to them that their website said that the heatsink was designed for my motherboard but the information was incorrect.

They responded offering me an RMA as long as I paid for return shipping and shipping of the new heat sink. This works out to $13 in shipping for a $15 item. I told them at this point I would rather keep the heatsink and use it as a paperweight rather then send it back, and that they really should fix the information on the page because its wrong. After a further explanation of what my problem was they responded with:

Hello

Well the information on the web page we copied direct from Enzotech's website. They have never informed us of any changes to this. If they made the mistake then they should offer to cover your shipping of the correct part or just send you one. I am copying them on this email to see what they can do to help and if we need to edit our web pages.
    I am sorry, but this is not the way you should approach things. I as the customer dont want to hear that Enzotech should cover for shipping because I didnt order from Enzotech, I ordered from PPC's. This is exactly the kind of response that people get that angers them with PPC's. The fact is its their mistake and they would rather try and blame it on Enzotech then just say: "Hey sorry about that we will get a replacement out to you and fix whatever info is wrong". I will say in the end Enzotech handled the situation beautifully and are directly sending me a replacement heatsink. They even told me to keep the wrong one.

I agree with the OP about Sidewinders as well. I ordered my Banchetto case from Gary and it came broken. I called him about it and while I was on the phone with him I received the email with tracking for the replacement parts. That is why I have been a customer of sidewinder for years and will continue to use them whenever possible.
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Penguin View Post
    I am a small Business owner myself who prides himself in having good customer service. Since I deal with some of peoples prized possessions (I own a Watch & Jewelry repair store) there is always a high amount of pressure to make them happy, even when things go wrong.

With that said, I can tell you after dealing with PPC's once I am reluctant to use them again. I just had an issue unenthusiastically resolved by Customer Service that left a bad taste in my mouth. 3 weeks ago I ordered $600+ worth of stuff including 2 mosfet heat sinks designed for my Asus P6T6. After getting around to installing the mosfet sinks it became apparent this week that one of them was the wrong size. After verifying it with enzotech I contacted PPC's. I explained to them that their website said that the heatsink was designed for my motherboard but the information was incorrect.

They responded offering me an RMA as long as I paid for return shipping and shipping of the new heat sink. This works out to $13 in shipping for a $15 item. I told them at this point I would rather keep the heatsink and use it as a paperweight rather then send it back, and that they really should fix the information on the page because its wrong. After a further explanation of what my problem was they responded with:

I am sorry, but this is not the way you should approach things. I as the customer dont want to hear that Enzotech should cover for shipping because I didnt order from Enzotech, I ordered from PPC's. This is exactly the kind of response that people get that angers them with PPC's. The fact is its their mistake and they would rather try and blame it on Enzotech then just say: "Hey sorry about that we will get a replacement out to you and fix whatever info is wrong". I will say in the end Enzotech handled the situation beautifully and are directly sending me a replacement heatsink. They even told me to keep the wrong one.

I agree with the OP about Sidewinders as well. I ordered my Banchetto case from Gary and it came broken. I called him about it and while I was on the phone with him I received the email with tracking for the replacement parts. That is why I have been a customer of sidewinder for years and will continue to use them whenever possible.
    Okay so my last post was the initial reaction of PPC to the issue.

As it progressed it didn't turn out so well.

As I went through the stuff in my $2000 order more closely I noticed:
    - Wrong SATA data cable was sent.
    - Tubing was about 1.5ft less than it should be
    - Heatshrink was about 2qty less than it should have been
    - Wrong Motherboard Waterblocks which they sent a replacement via the SLOWEST possible mail which is according to USPS going to take anywhere from 1-4 weeks.

Not a happy customer, quite possibly never returning.

I love sidewinder, I love gary.

Banned
    Wow. You better get out your flame resistant boxers in case all the PPC lovers come and call you a liar.

Just kidding.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 06-20-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Wow. You better get out your flame resistant boxers in case all the PPC lovers come and call you a liar.

Just kidding.
    I can prove it so if they want to challenge me, so be it.

I don't want to turn this into a flame PPC post or thread so I'm gonna just leave it at that.

Honestly, I'm not fretting too much about the other stuff, mainly the fact that they shipped it via snail mail after I explicitly asked in the email for it to be express.

Just kidding.
    That's about the way it goes.

The ones that have never had a problem or only had small problems with ppc's, feel that it's impossible for anyone to have an experience other than theirs.

Zack's situation happens way too often with ppc's and I don't believe for one second that they double check orders.

Banned
    Look, it happens far too often but it is almost always resolved through a series of emails.

The double tick method is utter fail. It's obviously just 2 ticks by the same guy lol.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 06-21-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: I really need to proof read.

Xtreme Member
    Look, it happens far too often but it is almost always resolved through a series of emails.

The double tick method is utter fail. It's obviously just 2 ticks by the same guy lol.
    I don't doubt it will get resolved, but it's just the time factor that ticks me off the most. Not all of us have 4 weeks to spend gathering parts they should have had in the first week. Being in Australia, most of the parts can really only be received from overseas, so buying it express from another vendor will let me have it in 3-5 days, and if 5 days, that doesn't really make it worth the extra cost anyway.

Momiji have you ever had anything shipped from USA via U.S. Postal Service First-Class International? If so, how long did you wait?

My last package I ordered via that service I waited 15 days.

Their shipping calculator is overcharging like a used car salesman. I don't think I will order from then again untill they change that.
    CPU: Intel Q6600 L803A887 VID1.2625v @ 3.6GHz (400x9) 1.42Vcore | Cooling: TRUE (Lapped)
    Mobo: P5K Premium | Cooling: Stock heatsinks custom backplates
    RAM: 2 x 2Gb Adata Extreme Vitesta | Cooling: Stock
    Gfx: Club 3D HD4870 OC @ 800/950Mhz (factory overclock) | Cooling: Stock
    PSU: Corsair TX450W | Cooling: Stock

U.S. Postal Service First-Class International? If so, how long did you wait?

My last package I ordered via that service I waited 15 days.
    Emm anywhere from 3.5 to 5 weeks.
    CPU: Intel Q6600 L803A887 VID1.2625v @ 3.6GHz (400x9) 1.42Vcore | Cooling: TRUE (Lapped)

Banned
    Nope, I've always had big orders and gone priority. 3.5 weeks is going to be AGES . oh well, at least it's on its way and then no more hurdles to getting your system flying.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterrer View Post
    Their shipping calculator is overcharging like a used car salesman. I don't think I will order from then again untill they change that.
    If you contact them about it they will refund you the difference between the actual shipping amount and the amount you paid.

Emm anywhere from 3.5 to 5 weeks.
    Oh my lawd. Might just grab a set from Gammods.com and send these back for a refund when eventually do arrive.

Nope, I've always had big orders and gone priority. 3.5 weeks is going to be AGES . oh well, at least it's on its way and then no more hurdles to getting your system flying.
    Well, lets not rule out the possibility of them sending the wrong ones again. haha. I mean surely it can't take 3.5 weeks...surely not lol. (trying to give myself some hope).

OMG HOPE I FOUND SOME!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_d...S_to_Australia

5 to 10 business days.

So if it was shipped Friday, maybe I'll receive it this Friday.

Pfft, with my luck, doubt it, looking at 6-8 weeks

Xtreme Addict
    If you contact them about it they will refund you the difference between the actual shipping amount and the amount you paid.

Haha, funny you say this, if you do NOT contact them, they can go buy themselves some nice new items with their profit

Xtreme Member
    just sent a message to PPC's re the discrepancies with my shipping charges.
    My last order I was over charged by US$14.00. Obviously this is not good enough and whether its a software issue or internal logistical matter, it should be fixed and all money should be refunded
    will let you know of their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by masska View Post
    just sent a message to PPC's re the discrepancies with my shipping charges.
    My last order I was over charged by US$14.00. Obviously this is not good enough and whether its a software issue or internal logistical matter, it should be fixed and all money should be refunded
    will let you know of their reply.
    Please do! I will do the same when my order finally gets here

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well for me since 2005 I have ordered over $3500.00 + merchandise and only a couple of errors. One most recently when I ordered the Watercool HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 LT with Back plate. And they sent me only the CPU block and the back plate was on back order. What makes me mad is that I emailed them and they said new shipment this week. I waited 2 weeks emailed them back and they said again 1 week they are coming in. I emailed back saying where my back plate they said again this week, I emailed back saying DO NOT STRING ME ALONG ALREADY and give me a store credit and I will purchase elsewhere. I do not like the shipping they offer UPS Ground takes F O R E V E R from FL, to CA over a week. I would have to pay double the amount to speed it up to the next level. Sidewinders is looking more and more better.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4.8GHz
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 MATX 1150
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident X 8GB 2400MHz 9-11-11-31 1T
    GPU: 2 x eVGA GTX 780 SC
    SOUND KRK Rokit 5 Limited Edition White Studio Monitors
    SSD: 4 x Samsung 128GB Pro's Raid 0
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W
    COOLING: 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm 6 x Swiftech Helix 140mm Fans
    CASE: Lian Li PC-C32B TECH STATION MOD build log coming soon
    MONITOR: ASUS VG278HE Black 27" 149Hz
    O.S: Windows 7 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu(ky View Post
    Well for me since 2005 I have ordered over $3500.00 + merchandise and only a couple of errors. One most recently when I ordered the Watercool HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 LT with Back plate. And they sent me only the CPU block and the back plate was on back order. What makes me mad is that I emailed them and they said new shipment this week. I waited 2 weeks emailed them back and they said again 1 week they are coming in. I emailed back saying where my back plate they said again this week, I emailed back saying DO NOT STRING ME ALONG ALREADY and give me a store credit and I will purchase elsewhere. I do not like the shipping they offer UPS Ground takes F O R E V E R from FL, to CA over a week. I would have to pay double the amount to speed it up to the next level. Sidewinders is looking more and more better.
    Ouch man.

You think USPS Ground takes long?

Try First Class Mail International ROFL. USPS said it could even take up to 30days.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Oh man,
    Those pictures on the previous page had me coughing coffee through my nose.

Priceless

Xtreme Member
    Please do! I will do the same when my order finally gets here
    After a number of emails it seems that PPC's fail to recognize that there is a definite problem with their shipping system. We're not talking just a couple of bucks here, there is serious over charging going on!
    I have spent more than $4200.00 at PPC's in less than a year, and all I got from them was basically counterarguments and that it was my fault by agreeing with the shipping price on checkout!
    I will be very happy to post the emails (BTW all except the first one were unsigned/no name/anonymous), if you would like to see for yourselves the complete lack of courtesy/understanding given by PPC's.
    Does anyone have a link to contact other than the one on their site? I would really like to see what management has to say about this.

PPC's

Banned
    Do post .

Everyone says to email asking for the difference but AFAIK they don't have to give it to you. I think this is an international order problem only.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast