Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance PCs

I am Xtreme
    to the OP: If you had a bad experience you should take your business elsewhere as it is YOUR money and you should spend it however you are comfortable. If we were to tally positive and negative experiences (even on this forum) I think the pluses outweigh the minuses. That of course does not mean anything to the OP, but people reading should consider that. Maybe check Better Business listings or the equivalent if you are concerned. The great thing about our hobby is we have many good vendors to choose from so if you are unhappy with vendor X you have vendor Y and Z to choose from.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    While it may seem like i'm trying to attack them on a personal level. i'm really not, like I mentioned i wasn't really intending to do much outside of requesting a refund on the difference.
    i shouldn't have implied that the intention of those who implemented the checkout system was to profit out of it. What I mean to say was despite the intention to make it fair their system
    does profit from it.

i'm simply sharing a story of my disappointment with the company. I haven't made any statements that told other people to avoid P-PC due to my personal experience. By reading their
    reselleratings I can already tell that the majority of the time, they get it right. Unfortunately, how they handled my wrong orders was wrong (IMO).

I did take your advice and contacted Hank, I really didn't request anything in terms of compensation. I guess I did it just to inform him on how some of his employees are representing his
    company, and the way they behave (unfortunately) represents the company as a whole... despite how great an owner he might be.

Thanks for the advise regardless.
    Asus Maximus II Formula & Q9550 (4.0GHz) w. D-Tek FuZion V2
    Sapphire 4870X2 w. XPSC Waterblock
    8GB OCZ Reaper's HPC DDR2-1066 (5-5-5-10)
    (3) 120GB OCZ Vertex
    (2) 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Silverstone Strider ST1000-NV
    Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Thermochill PA120.3 in Series w/ BIP120 w. MCP355

Xtreme Cruncher
    I just bought 2 t values, 2 fill ports, and 10' of tubing. Over all they are saying it is 9.32 lbs and is going to be 16.04 for ground. That is not bad i guess and i should see it mid to late next week.. Pricing for 3 day went to $33, 2 day to $47, and overnight to $83. That is way to much. Something is wrong with the math. I just shipped 13 systems each box weighted 43 lbs from CA to NH and it is only $30 each for me. Maybe they are not shipping much?

On the other side I like Performance-PC. They have everything i need and more. I have not had any other problems (other then xtreme shipping costs) (well they are Xtreme )
    Once known as GibbonThree

Xtreme Member
    well i received an e-mail from Hank. He informed James to apologize for his behavior and they refunded the entire shipping costs due to the error & the comments.

Thanks for the advice, this was probably farther than I intially wanted to take it. But it is nice to know that customer support still matters to some companies
    Asus Maximus II Formula & Q9550 (4.0GHz) w. D-Tek FuZion V2
    Sapphire 4870X2 w. XPSC Waterblock
    8GB OCZ Reaper's HPC DDR2-1066 (5-5-5-10)
    (3) 120GB OCZ Vertex
    (2) 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Silverstone Strider ST1000-NV
    Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Thermochill PA120.3 in Series w/ BIP120 w. MCP355

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro_ View Post
    ordered yesterday morning and was shipped same day .
    Same for me.
    Project ChAos

MM UFO CYO\Asus P6T6 WS Revolution\Core i7 920 D0\XFX HD 5870 x2\Corsair HX1000\Corsair Dominator PC3 12800\VelociRaptor 150, Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB\HP 36G 15k SAS x2

Banned
    I read something very interesting at OCAU. A couple of fellas have ordered medium size orders [300-400USD] and the shipping was crazy as expected. However, they emailed PPC expressing their dismay at the 'apparent' shipping rates and PPC REFUNDED them some of the shipping costs because it over estimates the true shipping cost. . . . .

Now this is really great and a bit odd. I never sent an email like this, I simply copped the fees in the face.

Anyhoo, I mostly stayed out of this thread. Order from where ever you want. Don't kid yourself if you think Store A is better than Store B because Owner A is a really nice guy. . . . . being nice isn't a major component in my decision making when working out who I order from. I'm after prompt email responses [all do this], good choice of items [PPC win hands down], reliability, previous dealings with international orders [very important] and of course price.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iceredwing View Post
    well i received an e-mail from Hank. He informed James to apologize for his behavior and they refunded the entire shipping costs due to the error & the comments.

Thanks for the advice, this was probably farther than I intially wanted to take it. But it is nice to know that customer support still matters to some companies
    They are a good company. I deal with them all the time. Heck without asking they refunded my shipping charge on one item because I bought something impulsively after I made a purchase already and they put that item with my other purchase. Now tell me who does that? They are the only one's I know of. They have always been pretty damn good to me and I am thankful they are around with so many damn products. I keep buying impulsively from them. Cannot help it I guess I am hooked. Is it an addiction when I keep checking back and clicking the 'new items' link? You do it too right?!?

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aielman View Post
    Same for me.
    every time ive ordered it taken a day to be sent. wish it was faster.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Heck without asking they refunded my shipping charge on one item because I bought something impulsively after I made a purchase already and they put that item with my other purchase. Now tell me who does that? They are the only one's I know of.
    I'd be dead if Australian stores didn't do this. I remember my first wc order from an Aussie store and I think I added 2 more things the same day and added something else the next day. The store owner sent an email saying something like, "Sure no problem, DD the difference to our account. Can I convince you to buy some more items or are you going to do that for me. " That's awesome.

Oh yeah in January I bought 2 tennis racquets. The next day I decided that I didn't want the string I selected and asked if it was possible to CHANGE the string to something else. Well I got an email back saying sure, they were going to string it today and just DD the difference!"

=D

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone had an issue with P-PC's automatically adding an item into you cart that you didn't want? I placed a $600+ order with them recently and was charged $10 for a thermal paste that I never added to the cart. I didn't notice it because there were quite a few lines on the order to go through. The week prior to this any time I added things to my cart so that I could calculate shipping I found that same item mysteriously ended up in the cart.
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

Same thing happened to me. I paid for 28lbs but it was only 17.5lbs according to UPS. I wasn't going to call ppcs because I have other things to do. I noticed it when it happened, I was thinking about posting it in the other thread but it was deleted before I got back from work. And I didn't want to get attacked anymore and be accused of being a high maintenance customer for reporting something negative. It seems like there's a clique of people that really have ppcs's back, which is cool I guess. Maybe you guys were lucky and got classified as 'good customers'. What you goin do . I would order again, it would just be nice if they could learn from their mistakes but it doesn't seem like thats going to happen when people get attacked when they post a negative experience or threads get pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    the customer is a black female lesbian in a wheelchair with dyslexia and a mild crack addition.
    You got some serious issues man. That ain't your first post like that either.

Banned
    You'll find a lot of people supporting Sidewinders, Petra Tech Shop, Jab Tech and Frozen CPU. The way I see it is that PPC seems to draw the most criticism with a thread every month so maybe it makes it look like XS loves PPC and no one else

Quote Originally Posted by kimoyo View Post
    Yup I totally agree with you. Nothing ever happens either. Are there mods? Don't get me started on the AT thread either because that is a million times worse.

I normally just roll over such posts but hey if someone wants to bring it up, I'll also join in and express my disgust.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 06-17-2009 at 02:19 PM.

I am Xtreme

you think? I think quite a few of us have issues. How does it feel to walk on water?
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Banned
    you think? I think quite a few of us have issues. How does it feel to walk on water?
    Great so because someone doesn't spew toilet matter from their mouth they are Jesus? I know your post has elements of sarcasm but I don't think that was the greatest time to do so.

=___=

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post

Yup I totally agree with you. Nothing ever happens either. Are there mods? Don't get me started on the AT thread either because that is a million times worse.

I normally just roll over such posts but hey if someone wants to bring it up, I'll also join in and express my disgust.
    Being a foreigner you have no context. I am a small business owner. As such I can deny service to people however I can be sued if they have any trait which is protected by anti-discrimination laws and the burden is pretty much on my shoulders . . . .the person I described is a composite of the various classes protected by the laws. Essentially I have to be careful I no further servicing clients unless they happen to be straight white males. Too many lawyers, too many laws.

I am Xtreme
    Great so because someone doesn't spew toilet matter from their mouth they are Jesus? I know your post has elements of sarcasm but I don't think that was the greatest time to do so.

=___=
    you are a pretty level-headed person so you probably have a point.

Xtreme Addict
    you are a pretty level-headed person so you probably have a point.
    Not really...I thought it was pretty funny. Then again I am kind of deranged myself.. <-- great got me shrugging now! Bastage!

Xtreme Member
    I've had 15 or so orders through PPC. Think I just broke $3,000 from them. I have heard many times if you ever have problems, they are not so good with correcting it and generally come at it like you're lieing or you are too dumb and the mistake is actually on your end. You'll have to prove it from the standpoint of you already being guilty.

Through all of my orders till recently, I didn't really have any problems. First problem was, I ordered a couple poly T's that are @ $1.99 and they sent me delrin T-blocks that are @ $4.99 instead. It even passed their double check-off procedure, the packing slip read "Polypropylene "T" Fitting 1/2" and was checked off twice, yet what I got were Danger Den delrin T-blocks. I actually really wanted the poly T's as the delrin T-blocks are too bulky for my needs, however I did not pursue it. But so much for the double check-off method being fool proof .

I am sure (after just dealing with the customer support) that if I did email them telling them of the problem, they would have required me to take a picture of the T's , because obviously I don't know the difference between a poly T and a delrin T block, as well as scan and email them back the packing slip that they just sent me that I guess they don't keep a record of. We all can easily take digital pictures and do scan's right? Luckily for me, yes I can.

Now I ordered a case. It was missing a part. I emailed them back stating it was missing a part. I was expecting a ' sorry, we'll get it to you right away'. What I got was a 'we emailed the manufacturer to let them know..' I am sorry, but that is just passing the buck. And actually, I didn't get to that point till 3 emails of 'yes I have checked the box to make sure I didn't just not see it' . I gave it a day for it to develop to see if I got updates to the problem being corrected. I did not, so I started requesting RMA since they have a 3 day after recieveing shipment before no RMA clause. After 3 or 4 emails asking for RMA, they finally came back with them getting me the part out of other boxes in the wharehouse along with a comment of all the other boxes had the part (so why doesn't yours......was the implied statement I got). I also get the feeling that if I did not pursue it, I would have been left holding the bag or waiting weeks to receive the part from the manufacturer assuming that happens at all, before I can actually start using the case I ordered from their store. That is not a good feeling.

Durring that time, I also had another order of many many different PSU pins since I plan on resleeving about 6 or 8 different builds I had. The order was shipped out to me, no indications of any problems. I check and count off all my pins and I am short 280 PSU female main connector pins and 20 pins for something else. Email em, have to email the shipping slip they gave me. About 3 or 4 emails later, I finally get a 'we don't carry that many pins and are out of stock and sourcing new manufacturer for it'. I have that order canceled an got refunded. Thing is, that was shipped to me as if itwas complete. There ws no indication from them anything was amiss. If I didn't mention anything, no doubt I would have been stuck holding the bag.

I will say that through all of my other transactions with them, I had no problems. And that the problems I did have were eventually taken cared of. However, I will not be doing bussiness with them again. They will litterlly have to be the last place selling what I want for me to order there again and I would have to really want it. I do not need more headaches added on to the head ache of an incorrect/missing parts order. I do not need someone passing the buck, I need solutions fromt the source I am dealing with. The missing part for the case was maybe a $15 part. I have spent @$3,000, do you think they could have given me the benefit of the doubt and just said 'parts on the way, sorry about that' instead of playing 101 question games with me? Congratulations, there may be people out there that might try to play tricks into getting that $15 part for free, but I was not one of those people, but I was a potential customer that might have spent $1000s more $$ at the store on future orders.

Man, you on fire! Well, at least you could blame it on the ah-ah-ah-alcohol.

Being a foreigner you have no context. I am a small business owner. As such I can deny service to people however I can be sued if they have any trait which is protected by anti-discrimination laws and the burden is pretty much on my shoulders . . . .the person I described is a composite of the various classes protected by the laws. Essentially I have to be careful I no further servicing clients unless they happen to be straight white males. Too many lawyers, too many laws.

I am Xtreme
    Man, you on fire! Well, at least you could blame it on the ah-ah-ah-alcohol.
    I drastically cut back on drinking in my effort to reduce my circumference. Unfortunately it seems it was too late to save my brain cells.

Xtreme Member

I am pretty disgusted myself and I am not a foriegner if that has any bearing for this at all. I was gonna write some heated response directly, but decided it is not worth my time. And someone writing stuff like this and going on..'oh I am just joking'..or 'oh, it's just sarcasm..' . ...riiiight

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
    I am pretty disgusted myself and I am not a foriegner if that has any bearing for this at all. I was gonna write some heated response directly, but decided it is not worth my time. And someone writing stuff like this and going on..'oh I am just joking'..or 'oh, it's just sarcasm..' . ...riiiight
    Reach down into your shorts....What are those? Your balls...yes that's right. This is a forum...People will say the weirdest stuff and you cannot take everything so seriously. Now as long as he does not have his hand down your shorts too then your golden. Guys learn to get along! He was joking around and I thought it was funny as hell myself. Your taking it out of context.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I've had 15 or so orders through PPC. Think I just broke $3,000 from them. I have heard many times if you ever have problems, they are not so good with correcting it and generally come at it like you're lieing or you are too dumb and the mistake is actually on your end. You'll have to prove it from the standpoint of you already being guilty.

Through all of my orders till recently, I didn't really have any problems. First problem was, I ordered a couple poly T's that are @ $1.99 and they sent me delrin T-blocks that are @ $4.99 instead. It even passed their double check-off procedure, the packing slip read "Polypropylene "T" Fitting 1/2" and was checked off twice, yet what I got were Danger Den delrin T-blocks. I actually really wanted the poly T's as the delrin T-blocks are too bulky for my needs, however I did not pursue it. But so much for the double check-off method being fool proof .

I am sure (after just dealing with the customer support) that if I did email them telling them of the problem, they would have required me to take a picture of the T's , because obviously I don't know the difference between a poly T and a delrin T block, as well as scan and email them back the packing slip that they just sent me that I guess they don't keep a record of. We all can easily take digital pictures and do scan's right? Luckily for me, yes I can.

Now I ordered a case. It was missing a part. I emailed them back stating it was missing a part. I was expecting a ' sorry, we'll get it to you right away'. What I got was a 'we emailed the manufacturer to let them know..' I am sorry, but that is just passing the buck. And actually, I didn't get to that point till 3 emails of 'yes I have checked the box to make sure I didn't just not see it' . I gave it a day for it to develop to see if I got updates to the problem being corrected. I did not, so I started requesting RMA since they have a 3 day after recieveing shipment before no RMA clause. After 3 or 4 emails asking for RMA, they finally came back with them getting me the part out of other boxes in the wharehouse along with a comment of all the other boxes had the part (so why doesn't yours......was the implied statement I got). I also get the feeling that if I did not pursue it, I would have been left holding the bag or waiting weeks to receive the part from the manufacturer assuming that happens at all, before I can actually start using the case I ordered from their store. That is not a good feeling.

Durring that time, I also had another order of many many different PSU pins since I plan on resleeving about 6 or 8 different builds I had. The order was shipped out to me, no indications of any problems. I check and count off all my pins and I am short 280 PSU female main connector pins and 20 pins for something else. Email em, have to email the shipping slip they gave me. About 3 or 4 emails later, I finally get a 'we don't carry that many pins and are out of stock and sourcing new manufacturer for it'. I have that order canceled an got refunded. Thing is, that was shipped to me as if itwas complete. There ws no indication from them anything was amiss. If I didn't mention anything, no doubt I would have been stuck holding the bag.

I will say that through all of my other transactions with them, I had no problems. And that the problems I did have were eventually taken cared of. However, I will not be doing bussiness with them again. They will litterlly have to be the last place selling what I want for me to order there again and I would have to really want it. I do not need more headaches added on to the head ache of an incorrect/missing parts order. I do not need someone passing the buck, I need solutions fromt the source I am dealing with. The missing part for the case was maybe a $15 part. I have spent @$3,000, do you think they could have given me the benefit of the doubt and just said 'parts on the way, sorry about that' instead of playing 101 question games with me? Congratulations, there may be people out there that might try to play tricks into getting that $15 part for free, but I was not one of those people, but I was a potential customer that might have spent $1000s more $$ at the store on future orders.
    I read this and came up with this: They screwed up big time on you.
    The case deal I can see them not knowing about as you order a case and they grab a sealed box off the shelf and ship it BUT when you called and said a part was missing there shouldn't have been any discussion just the question of what part is it and we'll send it out ASAP and done.
    On the PSU connectors I'd bet dollars to dimes that it's an item bought in bulk bags and not inventoried individually.
    One of those things that "Oh yea, were getting low, time to order another bag of XXXX pieces BUT again, handled wrong IMO.
    When they realized they didn't have the quantity you needed they should have shipped what they had and emailed you that info.
    it's all in the details.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    Go eat some poi brah. Just a freakin howlie flappin his gums over here.

This is the US and A. Here businesses have a right to refuse to serve unless the customer is a black female lesbian in a wheelchair with dyslexia and a mild crack addition.
    Context. here it is folks. get a backbone already
    Last edited by Movieman; 06-17-2009 at 05:26 PM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Let's keep this friendly huh?
    no need for any sarcasm to anyone.
    remember, all we're discussing is a store's policy's not anything that is life or death.
    Keep it in perspective ok?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast