Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

Xtreme Addict
    Wasn't OPB the guy that lives off Noodles so he can spend every dime he has on hardware?
    Last edited by ownage; 06-16-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    To simplify this, in this case it is simple;
    When you run Aquamark3 your score is 1000 times your average FPS..
    His were not..Please go and look at the images on HWBots page and you'll see what I mean.
    This is pretty black and white and thats why they took the action they did.
    My bad, just happened to read this and it was hard to believe.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    whats up with dilbert and all the Somalian pirates stuff lately? just in the paper today they had another comic on that.

Muslim Overclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by roofsniper View Post
    whats up with dilbert and all the Somalian pirates stuff lately? just in the paper today they had another comic on that.
    Well it seems like scotty gets hung up on ideas sometimes.

I also think that he produces several when he has inspiration, and then posts them in installments. Just like his topper series.

My watercooling experience

Water
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons 120mm 1850RPM
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A CPU Block
    Laing DDC 3.2
    XSPC Dual Pump Reservoir
    Primochill Pro LRT Red 1/2"
    Bitspower fittings + water temp sensor

Rig
    E8400 | 4GB HyperX PC8500 | Corsair HX620W | ATI HD4870 512MB

I see what I see, and you see what you see. I can't make you see what I see, but I can tell you what I see is not what you see. Truth is, we see what we want to see, and what we want to see is what those around us see. And what we don't see is... well, conspiracies.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWall View Post
    Trust me, run a VNC server on your bench machine and then watch it remotely. I promise you it will nail your score, because your CPU is busy compressing and sending that screen data to an remote guest. if you do it over the internet its even worse. plus VNC does not do video at all. play a stupid flash game remotely with VNC and you might as well have someone email you screenshots every 30 seconds.

I believe it's fast from windows to windows machines as they have proprietry code that MS wont let anyone know the details of. This limitation to windows of course probably wouldn't sit well

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    I believe it's fast from windows to windows machines as they have proprietry code that MS wont let anyone know the details of. This limitation to windows of course probably wouldn't sit well
    Then you believe wrong.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

The Canuck
    All the wrongs have just been righted, so I think the community can move forward now.

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by MACMAC View Post
    All the wrongs have just been righted, so I think the community can move forward now.
    100% agree. Everything has gone smoothly so far, and I am glad to see that the members at Team OCXtreme are still keep pushing on and will continue the battle on HWbot.org as well as on the ORB. Big congrats to the spirit of benching to hwbot benchteam over at OCXtreme!

Let us all go back to benching.

Big kudos also to the way that both the staff at HWBot.org and the staff at futuremark.com have handled this incident.
    Last edited by mike; 06-17-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Then you believe wrong.
    I read that on a wiki a few months ago when I was looking into doing it. Can't see it from googling quickly now. I might have the page bookmarked at home but I don't really care enough to investigate (unless I go back to the idea, I canned it). Of course, wiki is full of info but not always correct.

Xtreme Member
    I read that on a wiki a few months ago when I was looking into doing it. Can't see it from googling quickly now. I might have the page bookmarked at home but I don't really care enough to investigate (unless I go back to the idea, I canned it). Of course, wiki is full of info but not always correct.
    don’t you just love wiki

even if you got some super secret Microsoft code, it is still so simple as the data has to be compressed and send. witch will take some of your cpu power no madder how you want to do it .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    Well it seems like scotty gets hung up on ideas sometimes.

I also think that he produces several when he has inspiration, and then posts them in installments. Just like his topper series.
    Quote Originally Posted by lookmomnobrains View Post
    don’t you just love wiki

even if you got some super secret Microsoft code, it is still so simple as the data has to be compressed and send. witch will take some of your cpu power no madder how you want to do it .
    Stay on topic or leave the thread.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme X.I.P.
    lol, i love how some people are thinking really hard to try and come up with some explanation and some way that he didnt cheat and all his stories of MEGA SUPER SECRET CIA BACKDOOR HIDDEN MICROSOFT ULTRA tweaks are true

talk to microsoft... or anybody who knows about linux... yes, you can get a performance boost if you recompile the os kernel specifically tuned for the one app you want to run... but there are thousands of software engineers working hard to tweak the windows kernel and the hardware drivers as much as possible for 3D... what makes you think one single person could come up with a faster driver/kernel than those thousands of people with quite some frickin geniouses involved in it all?

sure there are tweaks to get an app run faster, but those can only do so much... there is a theoretical limit of how much perf you can get out of your hardware at certain clocks and opb has been notably above that several times in the past... there is no tweak that can do this... and if he knew such awesome tweaks then why did he cheat? he was at about the same clocks as everybody else, if he would have had a great tweak it would have pushed him above everybody else... oh wait, it did... but this tweak was actually a cheat manipulating the benchmarks :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Stay on topic or leave the thread.
    yeah, and join this group while your at it, yes i am a member

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...php?groupid=52

anyone see knightrider the other week?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    lol, i love how some people are thinking really hard to try and come up with some explanation and some way that he didnt cheat and all his stories of MEGA SUPER SECRET CIA BACKDOOR HIDDEN MICROSOFT ULTRA tweaks are true

talk to microsoft... or anybody who knows about linux... yes, you can get a performance boost if you recompile the os kernel specifically tuned for the one app you want to run... but there are thousands of software engineers working hard to tweak the windows kernel and the hardware drivers as much as possible for 3D... what makes you think one single person could come up with a faster driver/kernel than those thousands of people with quite some frickin geniouses involved in it all?

sure there are tweaks to get an app run faster, but those can only do so much... there is a theoretical limit of how much perf you can get out of your hardware at certain clocks and opb has been notably above that several times in the past... there is no tweak that can do this... and if he knew such awesome tweaks then why did he cheat? he was at about the same clocks as everybody else, if he would have had a great tweak it would have pushed him above everybody else... oh wait, it did... but this tweak was actually a cheat manipulating the benchmarks :P

you have not clue what you're talking about

-100c Club
    I think saaya pretty much summed it up actually.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    STFU.
    I just can't believe that one can be so impolite, what a rude behavior .

Quote Originally Posted by KirkNash View Post
    you have not clue what you're talking about
    Could you perhaps elaborate, come up with something that you can actually base your opinion on ? Or we're just trolling around here ?
    Last edited by George_o/c; 06-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.

NooB MOD
    STFU.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Omastar was shown the door.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Engineering The Xtreme
    wow, maybe he didnt see the RED name

Update:

"Our response to this is basically disqualifying OPB from the Lords of Overclocking and removing all of his recent submits from ORB." - Futuremark

For all those who didnt know, this was not just a case of photochopping AM3 results.

Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

-100c Club
    A big goes to Futuremark!

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Update:

"Our response to this is basically disqualifying OPB from the Lords of Overclocking and removing all of his recent submits from ORB." - Futuremark

For all those who didnt know, this was not just a case of photochopping AM3 results.

Was really surprised how fast Futuremark moved on this. Now, where is 3DMark 2010?

STFU.
    the ?

Banned Movieman...
    im not sure about whats all been said in this thread as i have not followed the whole thread.

but does Hwbot have an ip banning system? or will he be able to come back under a new name with noone knowing.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    im not sure about whats all been said in this thread as i have not followed the whole thread.

but does Hwbot have an ip banning system? or will he be able to come back under a new name with noone knowing.
    IP bans don't work. For instance I have access to several hundred IPs I could use to submit results via library and work computers. We just have to stay vigilant and police the databases thoroughly.

Banned Movieman...
    thats what i expected the case would be just wanted to make sure.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast