Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcape View Post
    OPB has done some great testing, tearing through a lot of hardware and sharing a lot of interesting information. Are people thinking he phoshopped these results or what is the exact charge? I don't get it. I'm quite sure his legit scores would still kick the crap out of most guy's scores. It seems to not make sense that he would do that.
    To simplify this, in this case it is simple;
    When you run Aquamark3 your score is 1000 times your average FPS..
    His were not..Please go and look at the images on HWBots page and you'll see what I mean.
    This is pretty black and white and thats why they took the action they did.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

-150c Club Member
    It however is not simple multiplication of 1000 on the average though. There is a formula that is apparently supposed to always hit 1000.
    This could be tweaked if it was tested. I fear photoshop is a little basic.
    Either way, the tweak is invalid.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Member
    what a dum dum, was this scoring schema previously unknown?

If it was, peeps gonna be photoshoppin galore now lol

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    It however is not simple multiplication of 1000 on the average though.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamark3 Documentation
    The total score is based on the average frames per second which is the total number of frames
    divided by the time the benchmark needs to complete. The AvgFPS value is multiplied by 1000 and
    the result is the AquaMark3 total score.
    The value of 1000 has been explicitly chosen to scale the
    result on high-end desktop PC at the time of release to a value of approximately 50 000.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Yes it is.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

-150c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamark3 Documentation
    The total score is based on the average frames per second which is the total number of frames
    divided by the time the benchmark needs to complete. The AvgFPS value is multiplied by 1000 and
    the result is the AquaMark3 total score. The value of 1000 has been explicitly chosen to scale the
    result on high-end desktop PC at the time of release to a value of approximately 50 000.
    Then check backwards even more in the calculation.
    If the average is created from total frames divided by time, if the time is changed, the results may differ. You'd be surprised how programming doesn't always create direct input values. The value shown in one place may be pulled at a different spot from another value.
    My bad on the brute X1000. I feel however, simple photoshop is really rather shabby. A photoshop expert should be able to spot some irregularities.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    It's a tough blow to OPB and a just punishment from HWBOT. i feel disappointment in him and sadness about the whole situation at the same time. i am a member of OCX and post a lot there and have learnt a lot from OCX guys including OPB. Kevin does have a problem with competitive benching. it gets the better of him but he knew how high the price is if he does it again.

I still plan to spend as much time on OCX as i used to. Nothing changes for me. It's a great forum and i have a lot of friends there.

Kudos to kevin for standing up and being a man and admitting guilt on his own forum.
    This the second time i QUOTE you dino in last week

WELL SAID SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

I am Xtreme
    I had once a weird output in pcmark 2005, no idea how I achieved it as I'm not a hard core tweaker as most of the benchers here. HWBOT admin asked me to remove the score. So what's the common opinion on the so called bugged GT2 score of the GOOC finals ? Anyone being able to reproduce that ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

The Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    So what's the common opinion on the so called bugged GT2 score of the GOOC finals ? Anyone being able to reproduce that ?
    This is not the place to start discussing that, IMHO, keep it in the GO OC 2009 thread.

Xtreme Member
    If the average is created from total frames divided by time, if the time is changed, the results may differ. You'd be surprised how programming doesn't always create direct input values. The value shown in one place may be pulled at a different spot from another value.
    My bad on the brute X1000. I feel however, simple photoshop is really rather shabby. A photoshop expert should be able to spot some irregularities.
    i don’t think so.. if he uses the numbers he needs for his fabricated scores from other aquamark scores perfectly from the same spot. (like chancing the second number from a 6 to a 8 or something. and then saves it like in as a medium quality jpg you can not see in any way if the scores are cheated now madder how good a Photoshop expert would look.

I feel how ever there should be better anti cheat systems I think in programs like aquamark. Sins I think it wont be long till someone also chances his frame rate to be 1000 time lower then there cheated score. They could do this by a graphic solution in the numbers so it isn’t so easy to chance them out or maybe something like the checksum super pi uses.

Just sad. Both him being caught again and people defending his "honor".
    Like I could fake public revenues, take a cut, say "it was me, sorry for buying my yacht with people's money" and get away with it.

Oh wait-- that's what they do here in Italy.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JaD View Post
    Just sad. Both him being caught again and people defending his "honor".
    Like I could fake public revenues, take a cut, say "it was me, sorry for buying my yacht with people's money" and get away with it.

Oh wait-- that's what they do here in Italy.

ROFL
    gotta love those Italian mafia politicians
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Banned
    What's that saying about karma? Let's ask OPB. lolololol

Xtreme Cruncher
    I´ll bet that OPB will be very quiet arouth there also.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Banned
    why do people that get hardware to be reviewed submitt scores anyway?
    its funny when new chips come out and scores are posted before release.
    hwbot will always be a farce till they give no points to anyone getting hardware to review.
    i mean if you a pro who needs hwbot?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcape View Post
    OPB has done some great testing, tearing through a lot of hardware and sharing a lot of interesting information. Are people thinking he phoshopped these results or what is the exact charge? I don't get it. I'm quite sure his legit scores would still kick the crap out of most guy's scores. It seems to not make sense that he would do that.
    It however is not simple multiplication of 1000 on the average though. There is a formula that is apparently supposed to always hit 1000.
    This could be tweaked if it was tested. I fear photoshop is a little basic.
    Either way, the tweak is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    this isn't a charge, this isn't a thread discussing accusations. this is a thread reporting on a legitimate news story that HWBot posted and Kevin confirmed. please do not question the outcome, there is nothing to hide on this subject anymore. if you want to discuss this, contact Kevin directly, please don't start asking questions here. TIA
    Jody is 100% right. This thread is about reporting a news story. Hwbot has caught OPB cheating scores. If you don't like their decision take your complaint to them. Read through the full thread and get the facts.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

I am Xtreme
    Off Topic :

give me a good reason why not Slapmehard ? you test the hardware (and spend precious, though mostly very limited time with it), if you want to submit a score I don't see the point why you shouldn't be allowed to do it... and most hardware has to be send back to the manufacturer or another reviewer. On top of that if you dig deeper in the Hwbot rules at a certain moment there's a stop in hardware points. It's rules are more complicated then that. You can also start a discusion that everybody needs to bench on air and not on LN2 as not all users have access to dry ice or such...
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 06-16-2009 at 02:58 AM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Yes it is.
    Fo shu?

It's sad to see these kinda stuff happen. I am not into "extreme clocking" with cascade, Ln2 etc. yet but I love watching other people doing it and cheating shouldn't be tolerated.

I don't care if he admits to what he's done, no kudos for you
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Banned
    I geuss my statement was O.T sry
    so someone who does not get parts sent to them but buys them does not spend time on it lol
    test hardware thats not out and hardware you did not pay for,thats not a even playing field is it?
    theres rules for hardware sharing also now that you mention it so hwbot should get part numbers from theses guys then.
    its ok for the reviewers to pass around a 975 that goes faster then most?
    es and sometimes cherry picked? thats ok?
    so that bolsters my point

As for air and sub zero ranks
    nah too many cheaters and no one gives credit to air scores away
    Last edited by slapmehard; 06-16-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dread77 View Post
    Well, he crossed the line, not only once but twice.
    more than that actually... a lot more than that
    everybody involved in the scene and who watched the top scores had very very very strong suspicions about his scores for about 3 or 4 years now...
    for some reason he got sloppy lately and it was possible to finally prove that he cheated.
    there have been huge arguments with dozens of members involved and a bunch of people called xs and the ones who accused opb names and tried to cause trouble at xs on several occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Kind of funny that HWBot just posted about OCX passing HOT in overall score. HOT is once again #1. Conspiracy?
    even if you were joking i dont think it was very smart to post something like this... im glad this thread didnt go downhill with conspiracy theories :P

Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    This is just sad on so many levels.....
    why? its finally over... after years of hiding behind "i have several super mega tweaks" and people having a hard time to prove he was cheating, its not finally confirmed and we can move on. its a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    This isn't news.
    how can you say that?
    this is xs, its all about pushing hardware to the limits here and breaking world records, and one of the worst things to happen to the worldwide enthusiast community was OPB and his cheated scores that destroyed peoples motivation to try and break the world record cause whatever they do, somehow, mysteriously, he would always score slightly higher, sometimes with notably lower clocks...

and now hes finally proven guilty and even admits it... and thats not news???
    Last edited by saaya; 06-16-2009 at 03:32 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmehard View Post
    I geuss my statement was O.T sry
    so someone who does not get parts sent to them but buys them does not spend time on it lol
    test hardware thats not out and hardware you did not pay for,thats not a even playing field is it?
    theres rules for hardware sharing also now that you mention it so hwbot should get part numbers from theses guys then.
    its ok for the reviewers to pass around a 975 that goes faster then most?
    es and sometimes cherry picked? thats ok?

so that bolsters my point

As for air and sub zero ranks
    nah too many cheaters and no one gives credit to air scores away
    I would differ with what you said.
    I'd imagine that most people who got that "cherry 975 ES" hold on to it like you would to your last dollar!
    Now think just a minute: Your sitting there with the one of maybe 3 known 6ghz 975's and your going to send it to someone whose going to freeze it to whatever it will take and toss God knows how much voltage into it till the socket pins fuze to the cpu? I don't think so..
    Also any decent review isn't a short time deal.
    More than you would beleive in testing and comparing to comparable products so that the final result gives good info to potential buyers.
    There is also honor involved. I wouldn't ever tell someone that X is great if it wasn't whether the piece was mine to keep or not.
    I once had a part sent to me that would be excellent BUT with certain changes made. I outlined those changes in an email and asked if they wanted the part back. They said no, then they made the changes and released the part.
    The bottom line was I felt good as the buyers were now getting a good part vs one that was flawed.
    That is an unseen part of the review process.
    We can have imput that makes the products better for all.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

-100c Club
    (Wow, I never thought that a thread I started could stretch to four pages. Touchy subject I guess )

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    (Wow, I never thought that a thread I started could stretch to four pages. Touchy subject I guess )
    Four? This will be 10 in 48 hours I'd guess.

Aussie God
    He admitted....

No tweak changes facts:
    AM3 result = fps*1000

01SE result =
    nature*20 + highs*20 + lows*10

Are equations for 03 05 06 vantage as well, but those I cannot remember....
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by George_o/c View Post
    3DMark2001 Calculation Formula

(Game Tests Low x 10) + [(Game Tests High + Nature) x 20]

3DMark2003 Calculation Formula

(GT1 FPS x 7.3) + (GT2 FPS x 37) + (GT3 FPS x 47.1) + (GT4 FPS x 38.7)

3DMark2005 Calculation Formula

[(GT1 FPS + GT2 FPS + GT3 FPS) / 3] x 250

3DMark2006 Calculation Formula

2.5 x (1 / [(1.7 / [( SM2.0 Score + HDR/SM3.0 Score ) x 0.5]) + 0.3 / CPU Score) / 2])
    These are the formulas

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast