Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

-100c Club

Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

http://www.hwbot.org/hwbot.post.do?postId=1107

Dear HWbot members,

We regret to inform the user Onepagebook, previously third in the ranking, has been suspended from the Hwbot competition. Irregularities have been found in numerous benchmarks, including 3DMark06 and Aquamark, which were not possible to be reproduced by any of the crew members. Furthermore, the results can not be explained as bug or system anomality, but can be explained by using illegal software. Onepagebook did not deny this.

Since this is the second time Onepagebook has been caught producing very suspicious scores , the HWbot crew has no other option than to call in the lifetime ban option.

Next to that, underneath the Aquamark3 results. Pay attention to the FPS in the upper right corner and the total score. The total score should always be 1000x the FPS in the upper right corner. If not, it suggest tampering with the screenshot.

proof2.jpgproof1.jpg

Comments have been disabled in this post.

Kind regards,

The HWbot crew.

I think the "clap" don't must be...

and also not the news, what do you think why the comment is disabled at hwbot? -.-

-100c Club
    Clap goes to the careful eyes who caught the obvious cheat/glitch/what-ever-you-want-to-call-it.

It sure is news, people should be aware of consequences. Make it a prime example. Why would we have to tolerate people ruining this fun hobby of ours?

We don't must tolerate this, It is good that hwbot does this!
    I totally agree with them.

But hwbot disables commenct because there is to much spamming about cheats and so on...
    Same here I think, espacialy if OPB is involved

Xtreme Member
    tiborr is 100% right to bring this issue up. Now that things are geting serious (F1 Overclocking etc) actions like this deserve punishment.
    OPB is probably a great guy in his personal life, though we are NOT judging him as a person but as an active member of Hwbot and highly decorated member of the o/cing community.

Well, he crossed the line, not only once but twice.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Whoops,caught with hands right in the cookie jar...

Xtreme Addict
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Kind of funny that HWBot just posted about OCX passing HOT in overall score. HOT is once again #1. Conspiracy?

I am Xtreme
    i remember a 3dmark05/06 first place score that was passed as legit by the ORB system, but there was no way it could have been based on the hardware. in the description it clearly stated "this is a school project" and caused a huge fuss on their forum. while to some OCing is just fun, to others its a job, and you need to think about how your actions will make them feel when you bend the rules. im sure they wouldnt care if he played with the scores/code, as long as he did it with the right approach and not attempt to lie about the results

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seriously that's the proof you have to ban the man?C'mon he found a tweak and doesn't share it is cheating?
    Proud owner of an iPhone3G 16G White

SpiTweaker by Monteboy,try it

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH View Post
    Seriously that's the proof you have to ban the man?C'mon he found a tweak and doesn't share it is cheating?
    scores a generated based on framerate, and in the photo they dont match, its not a tweek at all

-100c Club
    So 2x2 = 5 is a tweak? In which galaxy?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH View Post
    I'm sorry but that's not a tweak. No matter what tweak you're using, average FPS x 1000 = final AM3 score.

Admin
    Okay guys - we have many good friends from OCX and we don't want to start up another forum war with them.
    XS staff will be watching this thread and any similar threads to stop flaming from the start.
    This is the first and last warning on this subject. Violators will receive vacations accordingly.
    If you have an arguement with hwbots decision, go argue with them. Don't do it here.
    thank you
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    Fair enough Ron

uncore challenged...
    thank-you very much Ron, xtremely well said
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, if it is only a tweak., why doesnt he say, rather than say nothing when accused of cheating.
    I dont really know, but its good that it has been dealt with quickly.

Xtreme Addict
    Hats off to OPB for at least not denying it when he got caught. You don't see many people doing that.

-Edit- He didn't admit. He just isn't raising sand trying to prove otherwise and furthering the embarrassment for both parties.
    Last edited by Reznik Akime; 06-15-2009 at 12:45 PM.

this wasnt in a post there is alot of this going on in the mobile sections (might not be intentional since their monitors dont support native rez), but the HW bot admins were fast to clear out alot more than the few i reported.

its amazing to think that some1 ranked 3rd would not be found for this long
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Okay guys - we have many good friends from OCX and we don't want to start up another forum war with them.
    XS staff will be watching this thread and any similar threads to stop flaming from the start.
    This is the first and last warning on this subject. Violators will receive vacations accordingly.
    If you have an arguement with hwbots decision, go argue with them. Don't do it here.
    thank you
    I want a 7 day cruise to Norway!

Thought I'd ask

Xtreme Mentor
    Hmmm says a lot about the person and the company he works for (Team Group). They owe me 300 bucks for a set of OPB Special Teamgroup ram with lifetime warranty that died on me and never responded to any of my requests. So not really surprised by this.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik Akime View Post
    Hats off to OPB for at least admitting it when he got caught. You don't see many people doing that.
    Did he admit it? All the article says: "Onepagebook did not deny this." , or maybe he admitted it somewhere else?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    He admitted it?
    I thought he said nothing, not admitting,
    Either way, the admins have done a great job.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoMegaHurtZ View Post
    Did he admit it? All the article says: "Onepagebook did not deny this." , or maybe he admitted it somewhere else?
    Ah, I misread it. I should then say not denying it and making up some BS excuse. Either way it's a somewhat graceful unraveling without the admins and OPB shouting back at each other.

Without a doubt, fraudulent scores generated and posted. This decision is backed by all XIP and Legends here as we validated the proof with 100% certainty.

Futuremark is also aware and will be taking action shortly.

I believe his sponsors should be made aware as well of the current findings.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast