Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Elpida Hyper Graveyard

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    You're wasting your time with 32M: it's just not the reason why the memory gets killed.

As far as I can see (and I've heard), it seems that Evga, Dfi and Asus are mentioned the most. Then, the obvious question would be: why not MSI, Gigabyte or other manufacturers?
    Yeah i doubt it's the boards.. there's plenty of elpida hyper users with older batches with no problems on those mentioned boards as well as users who use Gigabyte boards with failed elpida hypers. The problem is on Elpida's end.

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    Yeah i doubt it's the boards.. there's plenty of elpida hyper users with older batches with no problems on those mentioned boards as well as users who use Gigabyte boards with failed elpida hypers. The problem is on Elpida's end.
    I second that George , as per my own experiences with Corsair DominatorGT 3x 2GB cas7 2000 , i have run this modules in DFI , Asus , eVGA boards over 1.85v V. Dimm used and abused for looong periods of benching and they still like brand new , my elpidas hypers wont die after so much use and abuse , no degradation that i have noticed either. The problem its the bad batches of Elpidas Hyper not the boards.

I am Xtreme
    That actually sounds as the best fitting explanation
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Well nah it is off topic, but I'm hammering them with 32m to A: make sure they are going to hold up, and B: break the myth that they will die if you run 32m...I'm sure they have issues, but I don't see any AMD guys with said issues.......
    Well you have not seen the bucket I have under my desk then for the Elpida recycling project. They fail on AMD, Intel, NVIDIA, does not matter. It simply comes down to the quality of the IC, said it a long time ago, still saying it today. We have identified the suspect lot numbers with the help of the memory manufacturers, just waiting on Elpida to respond.

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    Well you have not seen the bucket I have under my desk then for the Elpida recycling project. They fail on AMD, Intel, NVIDIA, does not matter. It simply comes down to the quality of the IC, said it a long time ago, still saying it today. We have identified the suspect lot numbers with the help of the memory manufacturers, just waiting on Elpida to respond.
    That's good news.. guess what i heard about mushkin recalling certain batch/lot numbers of elpida hyper is true

Xtreme X.I.P.
    There is no myth about it being 32M per se or any other program. Seeing as the memory only sees this as data and address values why would 32M be any more guilty of memory manslaughter than any other software? Some batches are just plain weak and it does not take much for them to keel over. ALthough I joked about this earlier, yeah the power factor will be lower on AMD as power draw is determined by frequnecy, current, voltage and operations per second - even still, the weak sticks will still die regardless of platform or board.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 07-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone got any of their elpida back from rma yet? Just wondering about the ic's they got back if they are holding up. Still holding out with two stick until august when kingston is suppose to sub out a different ic on their ram.

Xtreme Legend
    hey george you sure its not just your classified not likeing to boot cold with these sticks j/k

i havent played with my 2000GT CAS7 kit on Classi yet and just put it in tonight
    NO BOOT

lol

it turns out that my board doesnt like this RAM and i have to boot with 2xsticks and then apply settings power down and put the third stick in
    i just spend half hour with this and i've finally got it in memtest showing 6GB stable

i dread clearing cmos lol
    Last edited by dinos22; 07-15-2009 at 07:21 AM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Yeah its not limited to the Classified or 32m as both my sticks died after normal use. Shut my computer off just to turn it on the next day and 1 stick be dead on both sets. One set died on my DFI while the other on my Classified. One set was HyperX's while the other Blades. I have noticed that the ones mainly dying are GT's, Blade's and HyperX's.

Xtreme Legend
    yeah i killed my C8 kit on Gigabyte UD5 but i did play with Andre(w)esque style voltage
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    yeah i killed my C8 kit on Gigabyte UD5 but i did play with Andre(w)esque style voltage
    2.1V for it 24/7. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammy View Post
    No Saying, but Showing

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    hey george you sure its not just your classified not likeing to boot cold with these sticks j/k

i havent played with my 2000GT CAS7 kit on Classi yet and just put it in tonight
    NO BOOT

lol

it turns out that my board doesnt like this RAM and i have to boot with 2xsticks and then apply settings power down and put the third stick in
    i just spend half hour with this and i've finally got it in memtest showing 6GB stable

I believe that you're using the RED slots for them right?....Cuz in the BLACK slots, they don't work....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

NO BOOT

lol

Had a similar issue with a GSKILL 12800 kit and the Classified 760, had to boot with only one stick and up the RAM voltages. After updating the BIOS I never had another problem with it.
    EVGA Classified 760, i7 920 D0, 6GB GSKILL, TRUE Copper, XFX GTX 295 dual PCB

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    More Chew, we want more MM is testing the blades on the P55 right now...
    why would you test mem on 1156 now?
    unless hes helping them to debug their bios/board i dont see much use in that

its 99% the same imc as i7...

chew, you mean you cant run the same speed stable with more vdimm?

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I believe that you're using the RED slots for them right?....Cuz in the BLACK slots, they don't work....
    yes of course
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Just learnin' View Post
    Had a similar issue with a GSKILL 12800 kit and the Classified 760, had to boot with only one stick and up the RAM voltages. After updating the BIOS I never had another problem with it.
    what bios do you use now
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

what bios do you use now
    The E760_S60Z it came with the S60M.
    EVGA Classified 760, i7 920 D0, 6GB GSKILL, TRUE Copper, XFX GTX 295 dual PCB

PI in the face

NO BOOT

lol

same here using hyper-X hyper ic's 3x1gb kit, introduced 2 to the board they chatted for a while made friends then the 3rd worked thought I had a dead stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    why would you test mem on 1156 now?
    unless hes helping them to debug their bios/board i dont see much use in that

its 99% the same imc as i7...

chew, you mean you cant run the same speed stable with more vdimm?
    yep saaya, same speed with 1.7v = exact in round or any of the other misc errors you get failing 32m. Tried undervolting same thing. No clue, weak stick maybe.

I have a set of d9's like that that should have been rma'd but they do 1800+ 7-6-6 undervolted so I kept them.........

Here's 1.7v cpu and NB both eliminated from equasion, gonna try one stick at a time now...

1.65v also take note this board undervolts.......

Last edited by chew*; 07-15-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

¿
    I have one dead kit of 3GB Hyper-X, they never saw anything over 1.72V

yes of course
    Come on, you know you just ran over and switched them into the red slots

Brilliant Idiot
    Well for whatever reason 1 stick has no voltage tolerance whatsover.....This might be part of the issue, maybe sticks losing voltage tolerance over time

Just clocking ram, I swapped to a diff cpu as well will toss everything in the mix in a little while, still searching for max speed.

heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    OK max ram on AMD at "safe" voltage if there is such a thing.

And this is my sweet spot it appears.....Will keep them at this speed and report back if and when they die.

heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Just had another stick of Kingston HyperX go belly up. This stick died in windows after a boot up. Since i now know what it looks like when they die from the other stick. Rebooted slapped in the old trusty memtest86+ and sure enough red errors all the way down the screen. Now the sad part is i'm coasting on 2gig here and frankly i feel like i'm waiting on a time bomb now. KIngston got me scared............

Xtreme Member
    Hey people! After these big mess with the Elpida Hyper I dont know what memory should I buy... I was going to buy a Dominator GT 2000Mhz Cas8, but I dont want to spent like u$400 to see how they die in a few weeks. So... what memories do you recommend me to buy and not to take the risk of see them die? I live in Argentina, and I have to ask someone to bring them, and if I have to make a RMA, it would take months till I have the new mems...

So, that is the question, what mems do you recommend me to buy? I will buy a EVGA Classified 760, so, I will like a good pair of mems to complete the rig A friend tell me that Corsair mems have issues with this mb, is that true?

Well, thanks for all if you answer and sorry for my bad english.

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekalion View Post
    Hey people! After these big mess with the Elpida Hyper I dont know what memory should I buy... I was going to buy a Dominator GT 2000Mhz Cas8, but I dont want to spent like u$400 to see how they die in a few weeks. So... what memories do you recommend me to buy and not to take the risk of see them die? I live in Argentina, and I have to ask someone to bring them, and if I have to make a RMA, it would take months till I have the new mems...

So, that is the question, what mems do you recommend me to buy? I will buy a EVGA Classified 760, so, I will like a good pair of mems to complete the rig A friend tell me that Corsair mems have issues with this mb, is that true?

Well, thanks for all if you answer and sorry for my bad english.
    For now, don't buy anything using Elpida Hyper ICs is my suggestion.

In general, our memory works very well with the EVGA motherboards.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast