Thread: MCP355(with top) or MCP655

Xtreme Enthusiast

Arrow MCP355(with top) or MCP655

Currently I use a 355 with a res top because I wanted a pump that could overcome the pressure created by a supreme along with 2 QDs a 4x120mm rad all in one loop. The setup gets about >1.15GPM according to koolance flow sensor.

I am now looking into a new loop with the following:
    Supreme LT
    EK 260 gpu block
    3 QDs
    2 duel 120mm rads (Black ice one thin one thick)
    1 tank
    1 koolance flow sensor (INS-FM17)

I am wondering if I am better off using the 655 for this as I do not think this will be as restrictive as my current loop therefore the 665 should get better flow rates.

*Assume 1/2ID

Yes it need the flow sensor because I am making this for my little sister and she needs the system to basically run its self. She has never had a high end computer and because I got a 920 and a cheep gigabyte motherboard lying around I figure for $1000 I can make her a pretty sweet system that also looks great

I am pretty sure the 355 is the right choice but I want to check if you all think it is up to the task.
    Last edited by zeroibis; 06-14-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Hmm, I thought the MCP355 got better flow rates, regardless of restriction, than the 655. Especially with a top. Although either pump sounds like it would be just fine for that setup, the 655 is quieter if that is a concern.

Xtreme Guru
    I would just keep what you got there
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Engineering The Xtreme
    I am sick and tired of people saying the 655 is better than a 355 with a top. therefore I made this chart from martin's test data to put this BS myth to BED

Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    I am sick and tired of people saying the 655 is better than a 355 with a top. therefore I made this chart from martin's test data to put this BS myth to BED
    Do you mean the OP, or me? Because I agreed with you... Anyways after seeing that graph, I don't think there is a crazy amount of difference - considering that plots a stock 655 against the best performing top for the 355. Although, there is the other factor of the ~6W more heat dump from the 655.

Just sayin..

OP get whichever is cheaper

Banned
    After answering over 9000 of these threads, all I will say is that both pumps have strengths and weaknesses. Flip a coin . I like the looks of the 355.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bakeshow View Post
    Do you mean the OP, or me? Because I agreed with you... Anyways after seeing that graph, I don't think there is a crazy amount of difference - considering that plots a stock 655 against the best performing top for the 355. Although, there is the other factor of the ~6W more heat dump from the 655.

Just sayin..

OP get whichever is cheaper
    it was more of a blanket statement the thing is a 355+top is about the same price as a stock d5 vario.