Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BloodRAGE PCI-E and Bclk Mod

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone verified what hiPro5 stated above?
    "The only solid piece of scientific truth about which I feel totally confident is that we are profoundly ignorant about nature...It is this sudden confrontation with the depth and scope of ignorance that represents the most significant contribution of 20th century science to the human intellect."
    -Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail

"The best definition we have found for civilization is that civilized man does what is best for all, the savage does what is best for himself."
    -Edwin Hubble

H.E.A.T
    MarioKart FID-0774-5798-8330

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chawks2 View Post
    With mod, you get more 3D Marks if you have set PCI-E to 120 or more = means it works. Also, if someone tried it and it worked without problems, it means, that PCI-E from chipset is separated from southbridge.. which usually cause disappearing of HDD, sound problems etc.. but not sure until I'll test it myself.. since I have two BR's I'll try to mod one..

An VQPI and vCore? Dunno, I've tried G25 and it worked for me and voltages were not switched.. but I can OC much better with P07/08, than with G25, so I didn't test it too much..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

HWGurus
    But would you try to sell one

Xtreme Member
    I don't think there's anything to verify?

Hipro got a pre-release board (engineering sample) that may well have had the problem he described - after all, it was an ES. Seeing as hundred's, if not thousands of retail BR's have been sold since, and no-one has reported the same problem (including mine), I think it's safe to say there's nothing to worry about.

Have you got a BR mate? How about checking it yourself?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    But would you try to sell one
    Yea I plan to sell one.. not saying that I want to sell it, but really I can't use two mobos. Tough I really love them.. Its wierd, but I never felt such emotion to "thing" as mobo is.. its not like its best mobo of the world (even if its pretty close to being one ) .. its just emotional piece of HW..

Will sell that unmodded one.. if buyer wouldn't want me to mod it.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

HWGurus
    Let me know I'm interested

PM me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
    I don't think there's anything to verify?

Have you got a BR mate? How about checking it yourself?
    True, I could update my BIOS, but I have been stable on P06 @ 4.5, so I do not want to jinx anything. Also dont have a multimeter to verify his statement. If no one else is worried, guess I shouldnt be.
    "The only solid piece of scientific truth about which I feel totally confident is that we are profoundly ignorant about nature...It is this sudden confrontation with the depth and scope of ignorance that represents the most significant contribution of 20th century science to the human intellect."
    -Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail

"The best definition we have found for civilization is that civilized man does what is best for all, the savage does what is best for himself."
    -Edwin Hubble

H.E.A.T
    MarioKart FID-0774-5798-8330

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    Yea I plan to sell one.. not saying that I want to sell it, but really I can't use two mobos. Tough I really love them.. Its wierd, but I never felt such emotion to "thing" as mobo is.. its not like its best mobo of the world (even if its pretty close to being one ) .. its just emotional piece of HW..

Will sell that unmodded one.. if buyer wouldn't want me to mod it.
    HAHA

I feel the same way. I just picked up a classified and I don't want to part with my Bloodrage. I feel that the board has lots of potential and I will kick myself in the future if I sell it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme Member
    If you're just looking to buy a normal BR, they are still for sale. ie http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186163

Or did you mean a modded one?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Avan View Post
    If you're just looking to buy a normal BR, they are still for sale. ie http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186163

Or did you mean a modded one?
    Sure they have, but try to get something from them when you live in EU.. not mentioning Croatia..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Xtreme Member
    True, I could update my BIOS, but I have been stable on P06 @ 4.5, so I do not want to jinx anything. Also dont have a multimeter to verify his statement. If no one else is worried, guess I shouldnt be.
    Unless I'm getting completely the wrong end of the stick, hipro's had the problem all along and it wasn't any particular BIOS that "swapped" the voltages or anything. Of course I might be wrong, in which case I'm sure he'll be along to explain at some point

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyone knows what is the value of that resister that need to be pulled out ?
    Just in case it will be killed when I pull it out ?

And, any suggestions how to pull it out easily ?

PC: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Kingston Hyperx T1 6GB 2000Mhz 8-8-8 RAM | Foxconn Bloodrage GTI | Sapphire 4870X2 | Perc 5/i - WD 640AAKSx4 RAID0 | Asus 2014L1T | Dell 2407WFP | Lian Li G70 Silver Watercooled
    WaterCooling: Q² Project by The-Fox
    CPU Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Feser X-Changer 480 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/ DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 250 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x4
    GPU Loop: EK-FC4870 X2 Nickel | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 150 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x3

Xtreme Member
    Fox, you don't "pull" it out, you need to touch each end with a soldering iron and use a pair of tweezers to lift it out while the solder's soft.

Again, don't try this unless you're very good with a soldering iron!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am actually not doing the mod myself, a friend of mine with much much better soldering skills then mine is helping me.
    He tried to de-solder it and he said it is too delicate and he is afraid he will fry the resistor.

He suggested that I would get the same resistor in case he will fry the the one soldered.
    So for now we decided to postpone the mod.

PC: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Kingston Hyperx T1 6GB 2000Mhz 8-8-8 RAM | Foxconn Bloodrage GTI | Sapphire 4870X2 | Perc 5/i - WD 640AAKSx4 RAID0 | Asus 2014L1T | Dell 2407WFP | Lian Li G70 Silver Watercooled
    CPU Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Feser X-Changer 480 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/ DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 250 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x4
    GPU Loop: EK-FC4870 X2 Nickel | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech MCP655 Vario w/DetroitAC top | EK Multioption RES 150 Rev.2 | Tygon R3603 1/2" | YL D12SL@1350RPM x3

Xtreme Member
    I wouldn't recommend more than a 15W iron for the job really, I used a 30W, but it hadn't got up to full temperature and I let it cool down in between the desoldering and re-soldering.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I see, will take that into account.
    Any answer on the value of the resistor, just in case it won't go at the happy path ?
    Did you manage to measure it between de-soldering/soldering ?

Thanks !

I am Xtreme
    Any idea why CPU-Z is showing 35Gb of RAM?

And on a side note, any news about incoming BIOS updates? Regarding the stable (P) release with VDroop fixes and PCI-Express frequency adjustment for example (and other minor stuff mentioned in the BIOS issues thread hopefully). The web site is still down, so I hope new BIOS releases are in works regardless.... This board needs just a lil bit of tweaking to become perfect.
    And is the NB cooler audible? Some small fans are really annoying.
    Considering picking up a i7 build soon hence asking.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    why do people care of a bios is P or G if it works? ill never understand that...
    contact foxconn tech support or carl and they can check

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    why do people care of a bios is P or G if it works? ill never understand that...
    contact foxconn tech support or carl and they can check
    It's not about that, Saaya. Some people are still reporting issues so I wanted to be sure that new BIOSes with fixes were still in works.
    Everything is looking good it seems, though, according to http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=228375 (thanks Utnorris!)
    Last edited by zalbard; 06-30-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Any idea why CPU-Z is showing 35Gb of RAM?

And on a side note, any news about incoming BIOS updates? Regarding the stable (P) release with VDroop fixes and PCI-Express frequency adjustment for example (and other minor stuff mentioned in the BIOS issues thread hopefully). The web site is still down, so I hope new BIOS releases are in works regardless.... This board needs just a lil bit of tweaking to become perfect.
    And is the NB cooler audible? Some small fans are really annoying.
    Considering picking up a i7 build soon hence asking.
    No idea, I think it is just my board, or my DDR3 kit I don't mind if it's a P or a G bios, I'm sure there will be a P version of G25 at some point though.

The NB cooler fan is really quiet, almost silent tbh. I certainly can't hear it over any of the other quiet fans in my case.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
    No idea, I think it is just my board, or my DDR3 kit I don't mind if it's a P or a G bios, I'm sure there will be a P version of G25 at some point though.

The NB cooler fan is really quiet, almost silent tbh. I certainly can't hear it over any of the other quiet fans in my case.
    Its bug in CPU-Z .. seen that lots of times.. problem is not on your side.

Yep, my NB fan is very quiet too.. can't be said about rest of my PC (7 fans ).
    Last edited by Mescalamba; 06-30-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

I am Xtreme
    Thanks for feedback guys! And hey, I wouldn't mind 30+ Gb of RAM myself!

Xtreme Member
    to people asking what value the resistor is 1k ohm

thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    to people asking what value the resistor is 1k ohm

thanks
    Thanks for that LT!! Won' have the time to try it out this time at home but will give it a go next time home... Has anybody done the mod and hit higher BCLK's??

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    Thanks for that LT!! Won' have the time to try it out this time at home but will give it a go next time home... Has anybody done the mod and hit higher BCLK's??
    Yes, that one who posted it.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast