Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Phenom II TWKR Black Edition spotted

the answer is 42

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    TWeaKeR
    TWanKsteR, but I wouldn't mind putting one in an HTPC if it's indeed clocked at 4.2Ghz stock clocks and is priced at $229.99, otherwise I'd rather get a Q9550 and overclock it to 4Ghz.

Brotherhood
    waiting about this one ..very interisting...

Xtreme Member
    If yhey come out with ddr3 parts like this that will run faster tham 4ghz on air, easily, with no voltage increase, than I will be finally changing my platform. That is if they arent priced crazy.
    "Fanbouyism is a disease we all carry but most have immune systems that keep it at bay. However when coupled with a bad dose of ignorance and Low IQ numbers, this disease can be accelerated out of control to boast insane amounts of irradic, Defensive, or Aggressive behaviour and unexplainable devotion to a product or label whether or not that item is truly deserving" -DR Ima Noober, June 1, 2003

Asus P5QL-Pro
    Kinston HyperX 4x2 gigs 5-5-515@ 1120 mghz
    Q6600 - 3.33 GHZ
    2x Sapphire 4870 1 gig
    Galaxie 850 PSU- this thing rocks
    audigy 2zs gamer
    4x Freezones to cool Proc. Idle @ 10c- Full load @29c(soon to be 5x in my new twelve hundred case)
    Vista ultimate 64

Tyler Durden
    Just listen to Chew* and Sampsa. All the details are in their posts.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

I am Xtreme
    the goal is one of two things, or somewhat both combined.

its either a fun chip to let people enjoy really OCing the crap out of it. (which would be nice since they are taking away the 2 -> 4 core unlocking)
    or its a way for them to sell something with high stock clocks and probably horrible TDPs for a bit of extra cash.
    or its not clocked very high, but is still expensive due to how well these can OC

in the end its just fine. they probably wont make enough of these to say they were designed to compete against anything specific. its mostly just for show. but i am curious about how many will be out there, and if you can get them at anyplace, like the egg.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    snip~ will these finally break the 7Ghz barrier. If there were such chips, the Scandinavian guys, and even Kingpin would have ocs by now showing those numbers. The fact that they don't for me says a lot.
    Check the CPU-Z hall of fame.
    7127.85 has been validated

http://valid.canardpc.com/records.php

EDIT: ok, some how missed that it was confirmed a fake. I only saw the accusations.
    Last edited by G0ldBr1ck; 06-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post

Thats a fake gold......confirmed by AMD themselves.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post

I thought someone would bring this up, but those scores look suspect. I remember there were more that got taken down. Even AMD's own cherry-picked chips and in the hands of guys I trust, people like Sampsa, SF3D and Macci, and Kingpin, couldn't break that barrier. I want to see screenshots. Why would anyone go to those lengths without taking a screenshot? Beats me. The 7Ghz barrier is close enough that it's as well as broken by PH II, but that result is just not genuine, imo.

Edit: Thanks Chew, you beat me to it. Oh, if I might add, Chew is another person's result I would be looking at closely.
    Last edited by Zucker2k; 06-12-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I thought all PH IIs were? Or these ones will function at absolute zero? Try again. Or do you mean, these will function at 90c loads, like C2Q? That'll be a nice change, won't it?
    No these are high-leakage chips which will OC very well under Phase, Ln2, LHe.
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Brilliant Idiot
    Well they submitted I think 2 or 3 with multis not possible.....just becasue they are there in bios does not mean they work.........So after considering it was a cheated result 2 or 3 times by the same guys......well if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck............
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    This is where I won't even bother trying to have a dicussion with a moron.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=226784

Edit: ah, you ninja edited. just pretend I made that quote up then.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    No these are high-leakage chips which will OC very well under Phase, Ln2, LHe.
    These are not a new phenomena either; the high leakage chips have always been the preferred chips for cherry-picking. Or are you denying these chips are already in circulation? Cough* Cough* Chew* Sampsa*

Brilliant Idiot
    These are not a new phenomena either; the high leakage chips have always been the preferred chips for cherry-picking. Or are you denying these chips are already in circulation? Cough* Cough* Chew* Sampsa*
    The retails are binned from factory

The super high leakage never make it into retail or pre release retail variants. The electrical properties don't warrant it.

These chips are and don't take this as law but probably destined for the trash...they probably run hotter than average.....however with some ignenuity and quality air and or water cooling will exceed retails on the same cooling.

I personally would not submit records with cherry picked chips....unless they had there own class, enter the TWKR edition.

I submitted 1 4890 result which I have every intention of smashing and know for a fact that I can smash it or I wouldn't have submitted it.

I do have 1 ES left here but that chip can not match the retail
    Last edited by chew*; 06-12-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    heatware chew*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    The retails are binned from factory

The super high leakage never make it into retail or pre release retail variants. The electrical properties don't warrant it.

These chips are and don't take this as law but probably destined for the trash...they probably run hotter than average.....however with some ignenuity and quality air and or water cooling will exceed retails on the same cooling.

I personally would not submit records with cherry picked chips....unless they had there own class, enter the TWKR edition.

I submitted 1 4890 result which I have every intention of smashing and know for a fact that I can smash it or I wouldn't have submitted it.
    Nice to know; I know you can tell us more about the oc headroom on these chips but you're under NDA so I won't bother. But could you give an indication between these and your best 955BE? Are these 965BEs or even 975BEs?

Brilliant Idiot
    Eh my highest validation on retail is 6405, highest validation on non retail 6634 all cores for both.

Highest 3d on retail so far was 6.1 but I don't think I was 100% maxxed.....its was just a review..thus the results submitted on bot with 20 benches in one screenshot at a modestly low speed which is unfinished retail buisness.

Highest 3d on non retail 6390 on ln2.

This is all public knowledge though....

I honestly don't have one of these.....so I'm just guessing.

Tough to give it a number clock.
    I would not be surprised if it has no guranteed speed with a YMMV disclaimer......and or just rated at 955 speeds......to avoid RMA by 13 year old leet sauces using it on a box cooler.
    Last edited by chew*; 06-12-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    heatware chew*

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Nice to know; I know you can tell us more about the oc headroom on these chips but you're under NDA so I won't bother. But could you give an indication between these and your best 955BE? Are these 965BEs or even 975BEs?
    There currently isn't a 965/975BE sku. These are simply AMD's Phenom II product line using their latest manufacturing tweaks. If I had the money and the source to confirm, I'd bet the silicon in these "TWKR" chips is the same silicon in the latest batch of 955s. The only difference is this silicon has electrical properties that are off the scale due to the rare case of an exceptionally high quality chip. There is no gingerbread man at AMD running his own fab to pump these out. A machine plucks the CPU out of a tray, measures it, and records the values. An engineer decides chip number 12098715897135 would be a great option for a TWKR and yanks the CPU. Done deal, end of story, bye bye.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    There currently isn't a 965/975BE sku. These are simply AMD's Phenom II product line using their latest manufacturing tweaks. If I had the money and the source to confirm, I'd bet the silicon in these "TWKR" chips is the same silicon in the latest batch of 955s. The only difference is this silicon has electrical properties that are off the scale due to the rare case of an exceptionally high quality chip. There is no gingerbread man at AMD running his own fab to pump these out. A machine plucks the CPU out of a tray, measures it, and records the values. An engineer decides chip number 12098715897135 would be a great option for a TWKR and yanks the CPU. Done deal, end of story, bye bye.
    It should be interesting what kinda stock clocks these get. That would answer my question above, even though if these are all about leakage, then they could be anywhere between 2.8Ghz and 3.2Ghz. In which case the answer to the question is moot.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    A forum junkie minimum wage intern decides chip number 12098715897135 would be a great option for a TWKR and yanks the CPU. Done deal, end of story, bye bye.
    fixed for ya

Xtreme Addict
    It should be interesting what kinda stock clocks these get. That would answer my question above, even though if these are all about leakage, then they could be anywhere between 2.8Ghz and 3.2Ghz. In which case the answer to the question is moot.
    It really feels like your missing the point. AMD is making an effort to cherry pick high leakage chips to support the OC'ing community, the Xtreme OC'ing community, not the 24/7 air cooling gamers, and this isnt about saying phenom is better than i7 or qx... its just AMD making an effort, as if they just threw these chips into the 955 mix, many would not be used to their potential. I applaud that fact, they re going the extra mile for a small but faithful part of the community. It also cant hurt PR... OC'ing is exactly that, a balance of RAW numbers and Tweaking. I had a high leakage q6600 in my last system, running 3.93ghz 24/7, but honestly, jacking the mch volts and pumping the FSB is not as fun, as tweaking all the options imc's etc have, i m sure i7's have that same fun factor too, for me its about milking the performance, and the fact AMD recognizes that, by calling it TWKR, is pretty cool. I m sure intel will follow suit, so dont get your panties in a bunch.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by villa1n View Post
    I m sure intel will follow suit, so dont get your panties in a bunch.
    yeah I would say they will to, except they will charge $2,000 for their TWKR edition

Xtreme Addict
    It would make more since to call it a FX @ 3.4ghz and maybe a 2200-2400mhz NB. Give it a 140w TDP, ship it without a cooler like the old BE's and market it as a overclockers chip. The FX brand would sell allot more chips at a premium price to not just the extreme OCers but to all with to much money to spend.
    Last edited by G0ldBr1ck; 06-12-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Who said anything about high leakage? Supposedly the best chips are actually a little more middle of the road or at least what I was informed of while in Austin for the event last month. I wouldn't be surprised if these TWKR chips function well on air also. The difference is these chips keep scaling with higher quality dies.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Seriously, AMD BE's have unlocked multi's for a normal price ie. $240, intel's are up around $1000 for an unlocked multi. You could buy 4 of the AMD's for the price of the intel chip. Then there is the arguement that the intel chip is 10% faster...it's not fanboyism it's common sense.

Zucker2k, they test every CPU anyway, so if they find one really good why not toss it in the TWKR pile? I don't see how that's gonna hurt AMD when they can sell it for a good $50 more.
    Smile

Banned
    Well I for one hope this chip is really @ 4.2 Ghz. We should be at those speeds at stock since 2 years ago...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast