Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    From the official site:

It says 42 on the chip 4.2Ghz

Perkam
    $42 per chip

Xtreme Member
    Wasn't the Phenom FX on the leaked roadmap for mid 2009?

I understood both links are based on the same source. See the second link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd...opus,6364.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD...m-FX,6303.html

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Mentor
    42 out of...
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

No, you're looking at it the wrong way. It's obviously 42 as in: Phenom II: The Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything Edition
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    No, you're looking at it the wrong way. It's obviously 42 as in: Phenom II: The Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything Edition
    YES!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    It's the Ultimate CPU for the ultimate machine to calculate the ultimate question!

Banned
    Hmm they probably printed it wrong it should be 32 as in 32nm

Xtreme Cruncher
    Our sources inside AMD informed us that these TWKR(TWeaKeR) edition processors are meant for extreme overclocking as the core of the CPU has high leakage (Tolerance?), which is what is more desirable for overclocking. These high-leakage chips are best used with LN2 and phase change cooling in order to reach their full potential.
    http://www.legitreviews.com/news/6048/

Extreme voltage?
    Last edited by Shintai; 06-12-2009 at 05:42 AM.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Of course, this shows up just after I've ordered a 955.

Then again, I only overclock on air so it would probably have been wasted and out of my price range anyway.
    Last edited by dennilfloss; 06-12-2009 at 06:59 AM.
    AMD Phenom X4 955BE@3.2GHz, ASUS M4A79T Deluxe, 8GB 9-9-9-24 Supertalent DDR3 RAM, Xigmatek HDT S-1283, BenQ FP241W, Diamond Radeon 4870 1GB, Enermax Infiniti 720 PSU, Windows 7 RC.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanK3r View Post
    maybe somethink as FX Phenom is this TWKR?
    I heard these are supposed to be sent to well known overclockers for sub 0 cooling only.
    If it ends up being a success they will reintroduce them as FX line. Hi-leakage = Voltage loving = -0 cooling
    Last edited by trans am; 06-12-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    i want the box but not the chip

maybe we can figure out some sort of a mutually-beneficial agreement?
    I buy it and you can give me $42 for the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    It says 42 on the chip

Xtreme Mentor
    It looks sweet!
    I love high lekage chips for fun! I love EE chips for everything else!
    Any hints how to get one of these chips?
    What name should I put on a checque?
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Banned
    This is not what AMD needs? Wasting time with super-binning when they should be focusing on more important stuff. I mean what's the point, when a randomly picked Q9650, NOT QX9650 (that's for you Informal) will rape and b1tch-slap it? If anything, these will follow the pattern - higher clocks, but tighter binning too so it'll end up shy of 7Ghz even with lhe.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    What name should I put on a checque?
    Prescott

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    This is not what AMD needs? Wasting time with super-binning when they should be focusing on more important stuff. I mean what's the point, when a randomly picked Q9650, NOT QX9650 (that's for you Informal) will rape and b1tch-slap it? If anything, these will follow the pattern - higher clocks, but tighter binning too so it'll end up shy of 7Ghz even with lhe.
    You know how chips are binned/sorted in factories, right? AMD doesn't bake a batch of chips and just call them Phenom II X4 955s. These chips are plucked from the lines because they fit certain electrical characteristics that the engineers believe falls in line with high frequency. Oh, and the snipe about the Q9650 is wrong, I don't think I've seen a Q9650 run a benchmark past 5GHz.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Zucker: will you just stop ting on AMD every chance you get? its pathetic how obsessed you are with making sure everyone knows you have a q9650 that can clock high and beats a 955be

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    You know how chips are binned/sorted in factories, right? AMD doesn't bake a batch of chips and just call them Phenom II X4 955s. These chips are plucked from the lines because they fit certain electrical characteristics that the engineers believe falls in line with high frequency. Oh, and the snipe about the Q9650 is wrong, I don't think I've seen a Q9650 run a benchmark past 5GHz.
    Obviously you read my post wrong. However, a super-binning is just what it is; we're yet to see what kinda overhead these chips have under extreme cold, where we all know PH II shines; as in, will these finally break the 7Ghz barrier. If there were such chips, the Scandinavian guys, and even Kingpin would have ocs by now showing those numbers. The fact that they don't for me says a lot. I mean all these guys play with are ES chips - at least in most of their record breaking attempts.

On the Q9650 vs this chip, I'm talking from the perspective of a regular system with mainstream cooling (air, water) for 24/7 use. Isn't that what matters. I mean, I'm yet to see anyone who uses ln2/lhe for 24/7 use?

Muslim Overclocker
    I am still trying to figure out what TWKR stands for..

The world killer record..
    The W a n K e R Black Edition

I give up.

My watercooling experience

Water
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons 120mm 1850RPM
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A CPU Block
    Laing DDC 3.2
    XSPC Dual Pump Reservoir
    Primochill Pro LRT Red 1/2"
    Bitspower fittings + water temp sensor

Rig
    E8400 | 4GB HyperX PC8500 | Corsair HX620W | ATI HD4870 512MB

I see what I see, and you see what you see. I can't make you see what I see, but I can tell you what I see is not what you see. Truth is, we see what we want to see, and what we want to see is what those around us see. And what we don't see is... well, conspiracies.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    I am still trying to figure out what TWKR stands for..

The world killer record..
    The W a n K e R Black Edition

I give up.
    TWeaKeR
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    Obviously you read my post wrong. However, a super-binning is just what it is; we're yet to see what kinda overhead these chips have under extreme cold, where we all know PH II shines; as in, will these finally break the 7Ghz barrier. If there were such chips, the Scandinavian guys, and even Kingpin would have ocs by now showing those numbers. The fact that they don't for me says a lot. I mean all these guys play with are ES chips - at least in most of their record breaking attempts.

On the Q9650 vs this chip, I'm talking from the perspective of a regular system with mainstream cooling (air, water) for 24/7 use. Isn't that what matters. I mean, I'm yet to see anyone who uses ln2/lhe for 24/7 use?
    This chip is especially cut out for extreme conditions - so your point is?
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    TWeaKeR
    Can't believe I'll wrote this... but... here you go: I'm with you on this one
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    TWeaKeR
    I think Ahmad might be on the money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    This chip is especially cut out for extreme conditions - so your point is?
    I thought all PH IIs were? Or these ones will function at absolute zero? Try again. Or do you mean, these will function at 90c loads, like C2Q? That'll be a nice change, won't it?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast