Thread: News section crackdown

Admin

News section crackdown

This section has become a pretty big mess, so some changes are going to be implemented from now on.

- Any inflammatory post will be rewarded with a 3-day ban and removal from the news section. No warnings.

- Threads related to politics or religion in any way will be removed

- Threads discussing anything related to unlawful activities will be removed (this includes piracy)

- Threads that aren't related to tech news will either be deleted or moved to an appropriate section of the forum

An update... I've given enough warnings and played nice guy too much as of late. I'm giving everyone this ONE chance to delete any offensive posts. Starting tomorrow, I will be banning anyone who bypasses the automatic forum censorship, or flames in a completely ignorant manner.

Basically, no more chances starting tomorrow, 1 strike and you're out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Admin
    Update, July 5, 2010:

We've been trying to cleanup the News section for awhile with pretty good success, but one thing that has still remained are the constant this vs. that arguments and they're going to go. It's not the same thing as a healthy discussion or a benevolent debate. We've noticed the cluster of posters at the center of all of them and if they don't stop the arguing, they'll be removed from the News section.

This serves as a final warning to anyone who is an excessive arguer.

Admin
    Update, November 4, 2010:

Just to reemphasize, since some people don't get it--any broken rule in the News section equals a temp ban from the forum and a permanent ban from the News section.

Additionally, we will be resuming the crackdown on excessive arguing and anything inflammatory (even if it can't, strictly speaking, be labeled under a rule).

Admin
    Update, July 27, 2011:

Something has been happening with increasing frequency that needs to stop: linking or referring to the work of banned members (whether that's to their posts on another forum or to a site/blog they now run). This is a forum-wide rule but is of particular concern in the News Section where first infraction = temporary forum ban and permanent News Section ban.

Some banned members leak early hardware benchmarks or roadmaps that may seem important, but when somebody has been removed from XS, they no longer have a right to have a voice on XS.

We realize not all banned members are known to all current members so this may not always result in an infraction, it depends on the situation and recent in-thread warnings.