Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Six-core Nehalem coming to LGA 1366 this year

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    sell 975 at Christmas and get new EE for 200-300 dollars more investment....
    $200-$300? EE chips depreciate ~50% when the latest and greatest comes out, so try $500 minimum.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmore View Post
    Tell us more, you meanie . Will you be seeing an ES by then or what can we expect in July?
    there's an old line that goes like this:
    "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"
    As to chips, you never know. Sometimes things show up as planned and sometimes they don't.
    hell, I've been looking for an unlocked pair of gainestowns for 2 months with no luck.
    They do exist but that doesn't mean I can find them and also you get the money factor involved.
    I'm not rich so even times when items become available it depends on whether the other person is looking to make thousands on the deal.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post

Stays sold out from so many folks buying them!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117182

In stock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117184

Next model up not worth the price for 133MHz more.
    Wow, only Intel can get away with how much they charge for the small increase in mhz in their lineup.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkinParkBoy View Post
    Six Core + 12 Threads + 32nm = Godlike :P
    Yeah, six cores, 12 threads, 32nm...... and 2 games that will make any use of it....lol
    Core i7 3770K
    EVGA GTX780 + Surround
    EVGA GTX670
    EVGA Z77 FTW
    8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3
    Ultra X3 1000w PSU PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Thermaltake Xaser VI

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by CraptacularOne View Post
    Yeah, six cores, 12 threads, 32nm...... and 2 games that will make any use of it....lol
    some of us have found the joy of crunching to help humanity, this will certainly make use of it. You didn't really buy that fancy i7 8-thread rig with all that horsepower just to play some silly video games did you?

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    $200-$300? EE chips depreciate ~50% when the latest and greatest comes out, so try $500 minimum.
    thats why you keep your ear to the ground and sell a few weeks shy of release
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 06-10-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its the chicken and the egg syndrome. It needs to be there before they code for it. So one has to do the first step and its almost always the hardware companies.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

I am Xtreme
    some of us have found the joy of crunching to help humanity, this will certainly make use of it. You didn't really buy that fancy i7 8-thread rig with all that horsepower just to play some silly video games did you?

some do... for there epeen.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend me your ears, For I have come to bury PII, not to praise him

Perkam
    isn't pII gonna have hexa core out this year as well?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I want a dodecahedron core processor

Xtreme Member
    Why in the world keep making more core chips, we want 4 cores at higher speed, useless 6 cores
    what a looser... Intel
    2x Asus P8Z68-V PRO Bios 0501
    i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz 1.325v / i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.300v
    2x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
    Plextor M5P 256GB SSD / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
    Seasonic X-1050 PSU / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold PSU
    EVGA GTX 690 (+135%/+100MHz/+200MHz/75%) / EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ (+130%/+80MHz/+200MHz/70%)

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by icecpu View Post
    Why in the world keep making more core chips, we want 4 cores at higher speed, useless 6 cores
    what a looser... Intel
    no, not useless, just not good for YOUR uses..
    Like i said before, you want a top gamer, get a E8500-8600 and clock the hell out of it.
    There are a lot of people, myself included, who want as many cores as possible per system for work done per electrical usage.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    what a looser... Intel
    Because the problem is to scale them up in speed. Thats why AMD and Intel gives us more cores. CPUs might stop around 8-16 cores on the desktop due to Amdahls law.

But with the Turbomode Intel already gave you faster cores if you dont use them all.

Example is Lynnfield where you 1-2 core applciation/game can run up to 3.6Ghz instead of 2.93Ghz.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Member
    some of us have found the joy of crunching to help humanity, this will certainly make use of it.
    I hope you are joking

Help humanity, there is so much better ways to help humanity with this money .... in fact how do you know what are you crunching, maybe calculation is secretly used to develope next generation biologic warfare like new viruses ? Crunchers are polluting earth, because they use more electricity they actually need.
    I feel some folks buy this to boast their small "ego".They can't afford ferrari but at least they can afford 1000$ CPU, so much cheaper but they both fast at the same time they can claim they are doing great favour for humanity just by doing nothing - excluding wasting resources.

Anything useful discovered by crunching ? ( taken into consideration electricity and money used for that )

Xtreme Addict
    So what if I did? I'm a gamer and an overclocker, it's my hobby and I enjoy it. Is it really a crime to want all the performance I paid for to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    some do... for there epeen.
    And this rig is hardly for epeen. If that were the case I'd have Quad SLI GTX295's and an i7 965/975
    Last edited by CraptacularOne; 06-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Core i7 3770K
    EVGA GTX780 + Surround
    EVGA GTX670
    EVGA Z77 FTW
    Ultra X3 1000w PSU PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Thermaltake Xaser VI

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    So what if I did? I'm a gamer and an overclocker, it's my hobby and I enjoy it. Is it really a crime to want all the performance I paid for to be used?
    No, not at all, but the issue is between you and the people who write the games or in your decision to buy a 4 core when 2 core is fine and in reality perfect for gaming.
    It's all "different strokes for different folks" to be honest and no one chip will be right for all of us.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    what a looser... Intel
    Because Intel isn't specifically catering to you with these chips. As a general consumer LGA775 was more than sufficient and Core i5 will be overkill for you. Nehalem and it's spawn are server chips adapted to a desktop platform.

Back from the Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinacolada View Post
    I hope you are joking

Help humanity, there is so much better ways to help humanity with this money .... in fact how do you know what are you crunching, maybe calculation is secretly used to develope next generation biologic warfare like new viruses ? Crunchers are polluting earth, because they use more electricity they actually need.
    I feel some folks buy this to boast their small "ego".They can't afford ferrari but at least they can afford 1000$ CPU, so much cheaper but they both fast at the same time they can claim they are doing great favour for humanity just by doing nothing - excluding wasting resources.

Anything useful discovered by crunching ? ( taken into consideration electricity and money used for that )
    I really wish I had some kind or even understanding words left for people like you. Unfortunately, I am all out of sympathy tonight. Stupid ing greenies.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

I am Xtreme
    in fact how do you know what are you crunching, maybe calculation is secretly used to develope next generation biologic warfare like new viruses ? Crunchers are polluting earth, because they use more electricity they actually need.
    oh noes, every man and cat get your tinfoil hats!!!111

pinacolada,
    some of spend a hell of a lot money but they are very few people.
    and if you run your pc anyways its like 100w more which not really much.
    for what we crunch, nobody knows but i dont thing a universaty prof would develop biowarfare stuff. and if you say that you would new datacenters to do the work we do it costs more electricity and money than if we'd do it.

Tell it it's a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and threaten it with replacement

D_A on an UPS and life

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    No, not at all, but the issue is between you and the people who write the games or in your decision to buy a 4 core when 2 core is fine and in reality perfect for gaming.
    It's all "different strokes for different folks" to be honest and no one chip will be right for all of us.
    I know most games would have been fine with a dual core. But the more people adopt the new technology, the more the developers will get the message that it's really time to start developing more games that make use of these multi threaded machines we have. If we as games only sit there and hold on to our dual core systems and never upgrade or move to more capable platforms, the developers we want to give us more advanced games will in fact have no reason to if the vast majority of the gaming population just sits there.
    Core i7 3770K
    EVGA GTX780 + Surround
    EVGA GTX670
    EVGA Z77 FTW
    Ultra X3 1000w PSU PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Thermaltake Xaser VI

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I hope you are joking

Now perhaps snipe_dog shouldn't have let his passions show on crunching in this thread but definately you shouldn't have responded in this way.
    I'm going to say it short and sweet and then we'll get off this topic ok?
    The people that crunch do so in the hope and yes, I use that word intentionally, that what we do today will help find cures for people in say 2-3 or 10 years.
    We are building a foundation of a database that will be billions of bits of info that will need to be sorted and tested.
    Years of work but if all of us take the attitude of why waste time as it isn't showing immediate resuts then 10 years from now we'll still be dealing with this crap.
    On Xs are some of the most powerfull privately owned machines in the world and what better place to put those machines to work for something that can help us all and our children.
    I rarely push Dc work outside of the DC sections but when someone such as yourself posts like this I feel compelled to reply.
    No one is breaking your arm to crunch but please respect our choice to do so..
    One last point that I've said many times:
    " If not us,who? If not now when?"

Xtreme Member
    what a looser... Intel

Stick with your little dual cores and games, other people have better things to do.

Xtreme Addict
    I hope you are joking

Ever looked at the military budget of "insert country of choice"?
    They certainly don't need us to crunch for the development of biological weapons.

Doing other things for humanity with the money? do you really think it would help humanity if I would buy fancy toilet paper instead of buying the value stuff and paying for a not so small electricity bill? Or do you mean throwing the money after some charity where you have no control whatsoever how the money is used and lots of it is lost in the administration?

Anything useful come out of crunching yet? how about this instead, did any of the charities that harass you on the street in a attempt to get your money wipe out world hunger yet?

Sometimes you just have to try and crunching is a really easy way to try to kick cancer and co in their ugly behinds.

Engineering The Xtreme
    I know most games would have been fine with a dual core. But the more people adopt the new technology, the more the developers will get the message that it's really time to start developing more games that make use of these multi threaded machines we have. If we as games only sit there and hold on to our dual core systems and never upgrade or move to more capable platforms, the developers we want to give us more advanced games will in fact have no reason to if the vast majority of the gaming population just sits there.
    the problem is not developers not multi-threading games. Its that graphics hardware is so far behind CPU hardware that NO game is ever CPU limited unless you are playing at less than 1680x1050 on very powerful graphics hardware. This is true of even a dual core.
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 06-10-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    lol at this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast