Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has the XS Community ever done something like this?

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    +1
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Ugh, that's dumb. The concept of winning based on everyone being free to manipulate within a certain set of rules (limited ink, etc) was what made the idea of Drawball 2 fun. Hacking the place is just fail.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's never /b/. Ebaum's did it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Hacking the place is just fail.
    Mitä ? Mikä ongelmas /b/ ?

PRRRRRRRRKLLLLLLL

Vitun ebaum-paskahomot ja kaikki /b/-neekerit
    --

How's my Finnish? =) Probably very bad, eh?

I would really love to converse in finnish but your nation does a poor job of promoting itself .. there is NO formal finnish language instruction to be found in my area, AFAIK .. but you can find swedish and even "barbaric" icelandic (!) courses !

XmX

EDIT - i blindly assume you are finnish.. due to this quote - ""I don't know if it counts as dedication, but I spent today writing and refining software to help out team Finland.""" but if you aren't, sry
    Last edited by XmikeX; 06-08-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Heh. Just generic American here. I just saw that there were two sides, and I picked the one that seemed the most fun since it is only a game. The overall pattern was that of the flag of Finland, so helping to keep it that way seemed like an interesting project. I didn't touch the more interesting defacements/art--just stuff like swastikas, derogatory terms, etc.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Very nice.

Fortunately . drawball one . is still intact.

http://www.drawball.com/4wogwtk - wow =)

XmX

Xtreme Member
    Bumping up this thread in case anyone might find current drawball two .. interesting ..

http://two.drawball.com/

Finland is drawing one of their former Presidents, a virtual dictator known as Urho Kaleva Kekkonen (UKK) I believe.

Meanwhile, The Netherlands and /b/ appear to be challenging this UKK

XmX

Xtreme Member
    rule no 1 !
    i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz HT on + TRUE black + Noctua p12
    Gigabyte UD3R rev 1.6
    2x2 GB Mushkin Red Line 1600mhz CL6
    Gigabyte 6870 1080/1250 - testing in progress
    Antec 182
    Enermax revolution 850
    WD 1Tb
    www.pcaxe.com

Xtreme Guru
    WTF is that "game"? supposed to be about ?, i much rather see paint dry that waste my time on that what ever that's supposed to be
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12