Thread: Vacuum Pump for around £100 ?

Xtreme Addict

Vacuum Pump for around £100 ?

Hi,

I've previously been done out of £180 when buying a vacuum pump. (Was a used Robinair 15601.) For this reason I don't want to spend much. (Not that I have anything extra to spend on it.)

I'm looking for a vacuum pump which will suit my needs as a hobbyist for around £100. The unit must be 230V 50Hz and shipped to the UK. I don't want to have to bid for anything as that just annoys me.

I don't mind a used pump as long as it will still pull a reasonable vacuum.

Any suggestions as to where I can look for one ? I noticed that the 110V Robinair units available in America are much much cheaper than any 220V versions that I can find - Is it cheaper to import a dual-voltage pump from America ?

Thanks for any help,
    -Andrew.

-110c club
    hey
    the one i bought was the cheapest on the bay >>>HERE<<<

works good for all my needs ss and cascade

only down side was it came with euro plug i just used a adapter
    I LOVE LAMP!

Here to help
    I have a new vac pump that I havnt used, pm me for details

regards

john

live in the nw too

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Member
    I just bought a low-end Robinair pump. They are very well built and well spec'ed. 1 year warranty too.

I paid $150 us dollars for mine, and its a 5 CFM, 40 micron pump
    e8600: 6261 mhz (LN2)
    e8500: 5830 mhz (dice)

Quote Originally Posted by xaxis View Post
    It's really unfeasible, unpractical, and for all intensive purposes... SHOULD NONE THE LESS BE ATTEMPTED!

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the replies.

EvoCarlos: I had noticed that you were using a Mastercool pump but didn't realise you was using that one - I was thinking that a single stage pump wouldn't have been good enough for our needs but you seem to be doing great with yours so I guess me assumption was wrong. I'll have a closer look at those pumps.

John: PM sent.

eligray: Just goes to show the price difference across the water. If I don't find one over here I'll take a closer look into importing one. Not sure if I'd save anything though due to the shipping costs.

-100c Club
    I got myself something like that. Works like a charm. It may take a bit longer to vacuum as opposed to two-stagers, but for 100€ you can't really complain:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Vakuumpumpe-Vakuu...3%3A1|294%3A50

Mine is identical, expect it's more powerful - 1/4HP as opposed to 1/6 on this pump. You can get 1/3HP model here for 150€: http://cgi.ebay.de/Vakuumpumpe-Vakuu...3%3A1|294%3A50

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the link tiborrr that seems like a good price for the specs. Do you know what make they are as I couldn't see it on the listing its self ?

-100c Club
    Don't know the manufacturer, it seems to be some big OEM, I can look up on the pump tommorrow when I arrive home.

-110c club
    Quote Originally Posted by yngndrw View Post

EvoCarlos: I had noticed that you were using a Mastercool pump but didn't realise you was using that one - I was thinking that a single stage pump wouldn't have been good enough for our needs but you seem to be doing great with yours so I guess me assumption was wrong. I'll have a closer look at those pumps.
    yeah it was bought a few months back its good
    if you were vacing a fatory out then you would need a larger pump like 5-10cfm but for our little tiny tiny systems 10hours (overnight) with this single stage pump is more than enuff
    I LOVE LAMP!

Xtreme Addict
    tiborrr: Yea there seems to be a few German sellers selling them pumps but none list the manufacturer.

EvoCarlos: I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to wait overnight so I might look into getting a slightly larger unit, see if I can find some extra cash somewhere. Just waiting to see what John has available before I decide what to go with.

Xtreme Member
    That China pumps don't hold what they're promising.

Xtreme Addict
    What do you mean by that ? Do you mean the final vacuum that they can pull ?

-100c Club
    I always leave it vacuuming overnight for best results, works as good as my buddy's 2-stage pump. It may take a while, but what the heck.

Xtreme Addict
    They do seem very reasonable especially for the price. I'm still waiting on a PM reply from Pythagoras before I make a decision though.