Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solution: SupremeFX X-Fi Software

thanks ive been having big troubles with this...

edit: actually in the end no luck with this it says it cannot find any compatible hardware. using rampage extreme supremefx x-fi... what a pain in the arse this card is.... when I had the soundmax drivers installed it works but only with onboard sound through the x-fi card.... just cant get it to work with the creative drivers at all...
    Last edited by rotamonkey; 08-15-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Xtreme Member
    really good job Captain
    OBSIDIAN 800D, ASRock P67 Professional, Intel 2600K [UNLOCKED] watercooled by Ybris Black Sun (HWLabs Black Ice SR1-360 w/Nanoxia 2K, Swiftech MCP655 + Res XSPC), 4GB KINGSTON LoVo, SSD 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300, HDD Seagate Barracuda 250GB/500GB, Corsair HX 750w, nVidia 260 GTX XFX Black Edition, X-FI Xtreme Gamer

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by KURTZ View Post
    really good job Captain
    I got one even even better! Fine one of your Friends that trust you to use their X-Fi card. Or buy one locally, install it. In both cases install it and whatever software you want. I say install it all all=p I one installed on my Daughters budget rig and it run fast. Its only a 2180 Processor, 2GB of RAM and etc......... The trick is to NOT uninstalll anything,
    removed the X-Fi sound card.
    Make on board sound is enabled and installed. Then you're scott-free. I got this to work with my Gigabyte 43 & 45, Foxconn P43 and P45 as well as an Asus P5Q. All the heavy work will be done by the Processor. Using digital there's no difference. Only Analog will let you know what you're missing.

Asus uses a "Flag" hack so that they try to pull off the same thing with their software processors. The first time I did this, it was mistake (switching out X-Fi XM for Auzentech X-Fi except I booted it up without the sound card. For hell of it. I tried the player first and it worked. I then I tried the features like Time Shift, Crystallizer, EAX Presets, Converter, Wave Studio 7, and all worked. So what's the deal with Hardware Based X-Fi. The few times I checked, Processor usage was 25 to 30%, no big deal for even a cheap 2180 LOL!

I personally like YouP_Pax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Updated the main post to address some questions people seem to have.

hey cz finally got it sorted after installing sound max first.. thanks again

Xtreme Addict
    Is the problem with Win7 not that the driver pack you're including is before Win7 compatibility was actually listed? Won't using 2.30 fix the Win7 issue?

| Asus nVidia 580 GTX @ 850MHz |
    | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Mac OS X 10.7.2 |
    | Intel Core i7 970 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte X58A-UD9 | 12GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 |
    | HTC HD2 | MIUI 1.10.21 | Android 2.3.7 | TyTung 12.4 Kernel |

New Builds Coming Soon..

Quote Originally Posted by rotamonkey View Post
    hey cz finally got it sorted after installing sound max first.. thanks again

Awesome, glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Is the problem with Win7 not that the driver pack you're including is before Win7 compatibility was actually listed? Won't using 2.30 fix the Win7 issue?
    Uh, wat?

Sorry I want to help but I don't understand the questions.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the post, I installed the pack this morning but for some reason I am still not getting full 5.1 surround. When I do noise/channel tests, the speakers all respond so its not like they arn't working or got unplugged somehow but whenever I play music or run a game, I don't hear anything out of the Rear L/R speakers.

I installed the Fix part first that said RealTek drivers I believe, then I installed the Creative drivers in the main pack. Did I do somehting wrong?

Running W7 64bit BTW.

Edit: Fixed the problem. Had to uninstall everything completely and install everything clean. Works great now!
    Last edited by PsYcHoNo0b727; 08-23-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    Core i7 Gaming Machine
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch: 3849B310) - 4Ghz @ 1.28v HT/Turbo On
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6GB
    GPU: 2xBFG Tech GTX 295 in SLI
    PSU: Corsair HX1000w Modular
    HDD1: WD VelociRaptor 300gb - OS/Apps/Games
    HDD2: Seagate 1.5TB Baracuda - Storage
    Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 Enermax Magma Push/Pull
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840 Black

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHoNo0b727 View Post
    Edit: Fixed the problem. Had to uninstall everything completely and install everything clean. Works great now!
    Ha, glad to hear it. Another happy customer.

What would be the difference in using this, as opposed to the updated software for the ROG 1156 boards? (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...PVistaWin7.zip)

I downloaded the package, and installed the "X-Fi Fix" folder fine, but when I tried to install the "X-Fi" folder, I get the following error message:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program."

Also, I tried to install the SoundMax driver first, but I get the following error message:

"The audio files do not support your computer hardware."

I'm not sure where to find this WDDM 1.1 driver off of Windows Update (it's not listed when I search for new updates, so maybe I already have it installed? How do I check?)

Please help!

Xtreme Member
    the newest drivers from Asus work fine now, you don't need this fix.

I'm actually running a Rampage Extreme - not Rampage II Extreme - mobo, so there aren't any Win 7 drivers up from Asus.

Nothing seems to be working, though, to get my sound to work. Should I just buy a new sound card?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michristle View Post
    I'm actually running a Rampage Extreme - not Rampage II Extreme - mobo, so there aren't any Win 7 drivers up from Asus.

Nothing seems to be working, though, to get my sound to work. Should I just buy a new sound card?
    But isn't it the same sound card that follows with both motherboards?

I think so, but I tried downloading and installing the Win 7 audio driver for the Rampage II Extreme from Asus, but I get the same kinds of error messages.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the leg work man.
    Ill try them on my backup system.
    Killer
    Core i7 980X @ 4.2Ghz
    EVGA X58 761 Classified
    2x XFX 5870
    3x2Gig Kingston Hyper X 2100mhz
    Corsair HX1000 Watt Modular
    Water Cooling
    3DMark Vantage 41312

I just wanted to say thank you.

I have been having random system lockups that started a few months after building my new rig. I get a loud pop or squeak in headset/speakers then the system hard locks requiring manual shut down.

The first thing that came to my head was to curse sound blaster as I was sure it was their junk driver/software. I was at a loss and unable to find any solution as everything said it was up to day, until I found this thread.

The install went smooth on my system (vista ult/64) and I am hoping that this will be the magic bullet I have been looking for!

Thanks man, this is really helpfull.

Good bye ugly generic drivers
    Last edited by moltar; 10-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage 2 Extreme | 3x2gb Corsair Dominator ddr3 1600mhz CL8 | ATI Sapphire 4850 + Accelero S1 + Turbo Module | WD Black 640gb | Corsair TX850 | Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80b

only 2 channels over spdf

Hi,

I am new in this board and english is not my first language, so please be patient if I dont explain my postings exactly right.

I read through all the postings and was quite happy to find a tool to unlock all features of the x-fi soundcard bundled with the formula 2 board. I followed instructions and installed the two programmes after installing the soundmax installer. (win7 x64)
    The problem is that I cannot change the setting from 2 to more channels when using SPDF output mode. When I change to speaker output, where i have 4 cables each with two channels connected to my av/receiver I can change the speaker settings to 7.1 and test the speakers. Is there something wrong with the installation or is it not possible to change these settings? Even if I play with ac3 filter i cannot get any signal across that has more than 2 channels. (my receiver indicates how many encoded channels are in a stream)

Yes, i have reinstalled the software with no changes...

any help would be really appriciated.
    MaX

I'm sorry to be the messenger of this news but...the link you provided says that you need premium account to download the pack...anyone can pass me the pack through IM or any other uploader please?

Xtreme Member
    I have brand new asus maximus formula III P55 board and with that comes supremeFX X-Fi card which uses VIA VT2020 audio chip. I installed newest drivers from asus site. Even so, doom 3 and quake 4 patched with newest patch, says that my sound card doesn't support openal. I have installed openal few times now with no results. Also newest right mark audio analyzer doesn't properly support my card. I get this error message when pingin the card and same goes when I try test the sound card mode support.

3Dsound positioning test gives me only one option to test.

Even my old mobo with ALC889a integrated chip worked properly(up to EAX2) on both programs and after all, this supremeFX should be better.

Would this driver setup work for me? Not sure about the installation instructions, I don't have any soundmax installation disk or drivers.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone?

Amazing to see that, after almost 3 years, ASUS still haven't provided drivers for the BS audio card.

All I can tell anyone having problems with this lame card is that the only way to get it to work is with this pack, I can't modify it further without breaking it, it's still stable and being used by people running ReX's, Max's and even ReX2's. Your mileage may vary.

Philippines, but now working in Saudi Arabia
    Mine's running fine now. although took me a few hours due to repeated installations, now it's working fine.
    BTW, I have to disable my antivirus because everytime I install/uninstall, a pop-up appears "cannot execute C:\windows\temp\CR001\mint64.exe". although process gets completed, compatible hardware still not detected.
    Thanks captain for the driver!
    2600k@4.5 1.29v;Maximus iv extreme;2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1866 @9-10-9-27; EVGA GTX470; Crucial M4 128GB SSD; 500GB WD Black; 2x1TB WD Black; 2x1TB WD Green;Custom LCS; Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W; Cooler Master Cosmos II

is it possible to run this soundcard in my gigabyte ud-7 x58 board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast