Thread: Solution: SupremeFX X-Fi Software

Threaded View

Arrow Solution: SupremeFX X-Fi Software

UPDATED: 8/16/2009

For anyone stuck with the SupremeFX X-Fi sound card from ASUS, I feel your pain. Until I can get a Xonar, I'm stuck with this but the drivers/software from ASUS are a joke for the 'software' riser ASUS has bundled with our boards. Lacking ALL Win7 support and even the most basic Vista support, I've prepared another solution to the dreadful software provided with the REX, REX-II (and many other) boards.

The serial key that comes with the ASUS board drivers CD (Rampage Extreme rev2, in my case) worked fine. AND, it works flawlessly. Finally, working panels and full 5.1/7.1 surround support - no tweaking or mind-numbing hacks to get it to work.

2-step, easy instructions are included. Remember to install 'As Admin' under Vista/Win7.

Clean Tested On:
    - Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit
    - Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit
    - Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (7600, RC, b7127, b7137)

Pack Contains:
    - Realtek HD Audio driver R2.22
    - SB X-Fi Volume Panel
    - SB X-Fi CMSS 3D
    - SB X-Fi Crystalizer
    - Smart Volume Management
    - Graphic EQ
    - Full Funtion Mixer

...and of course, full EAX for your games/movies.

The full pack can be found here.

Update:

For Windows 7, it's recommended you use the SoundMAX installation CD for your card prior to installing this pack. I didn't want to include all the pack sub-components to cover EVERY install, this way the pack stays much smaller. If you don't have the CD, install the WDDM1.1 drivers from MS via Windows Update prior to this pack. This has been extensively tested and known to work on the following boards: (Thanks to everyone here who provided feedback)

RE (Rev2)
    REII
    MEII
    and probably many more. Basically any ASUS board using the X-FI riser cards.

Mods: I was going to post this in the SoundCard or hardware forum but it's more of a MOBO issue since this solution is for SupremeFX X-Fi boards (ASUS/REX, etc.) Feel free to move to another forum is it's not appropriate here.
    Last edited by Captain Zero; 09-07-2009 at 01:40 PM.