Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Corsair revisits CPU cooling: introducing the Hydro Series H50

Xtreme Member
    If this is really as good as they're claiming, I know I'll take the plunge on it on any upcoming builds. I've been looking at an i7, and if this can tackle the beast, I'm sold.
    Intel i7-2700k@ 4.7ghz (46x102)
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3
    G.Skill 2x4gb RipjawX 2133 11-11-11-30
    GTX 680 1220/7000
    Corsair TX750W
    Razer Lachesis w/ Razer Pro|Pad
    1x160gb Seagate HDD, 2x1tb Seagate HDD
    LG 22" 226WTQ & BenQ G2400WD
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nsegative View Post
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/91...M3_CWCH50.html
    85$

I wonder: is it possible to say get a small reservoir and install it into the loop? This way any water evaporation will not be a problem. Or is the system under pressure and will not function properly if you disconnect it?
    Sweetness That price is unbelievably great for the performance we get.

But that 15 degree difference we saw on that OC'd Core i7 against a TRUE seems to be to good to be true.

Now Corsair, launch this in Sweden an you have an instant buyer
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    Sweetness That price is unbelievably great for the performance we get.

But that 15 degree difference we saw on that OC'd Core i7 against a TRUE seems to be to good to be true.

Now Corsair, launch this in Sweden an you have an instant buyer
    +1 it has unbelievable performance!!!! my 18th in a month so come on get in stores over here quickly!!! :P
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    I'm def buying if the reviews match up to the numbers. I want complete quiet in my pc XD
    MSI P67 GD65 B3
    2500k 4.8
    GTX480 835/1650/2000
    8gb ram
    Win7

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Was thinking of going liquid for quite a while...but wonder when it will be finally launched. Looks good and am eagerly awaiting reviews.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    55C under load for a core i7 965 @ 3.5ghz?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    this is exactly why i want it!!!
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    It's so sexy i want to rub my body against it
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If the performance matches what's being said I'll get one. I'm very satisfied with Corsair products and Customer Service thus far. This thing might do some damage on a E8600.

Shoot, If I can spend the money on a copper TRUE I won't have a good excuse not to get one.
    Last edited by HousERaT; 06-08-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    The little air system that could.

Banned
    i'm slowly becoming a fan boy for certain companies...imo company loyalty is bred, and the following companies have proven that they're consistently great

-EVGA
    -Corsair
    -Intel

Intel for the fact that they've been pumping out great value processors that are fast as hell and overclock with ease. And their X25 drives...those things are sick

Engineering The Xtreme
    All I have to say is get a real LC system instead of bothering with this crap. 1x120mm rad != enough for proper CPU cooling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    All I have to say is get a real LC system instead of bothering with this crap. 1x120mm rad != enough for proper CPU cooling.
    I think you're confused. Just cause you spend 3x the money, and work your ass off to get it setup and tested, doesn't mean it's that much better.

There's this disease going around...it's called elitism. Sometimes it weakens the immune system enough so that another strain called delusion sets in.

I am Xtreme
    so its out (or sold out due to not actually being out yet?), where are the reviews?

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    I think you're confused. Just cause you spend 3x the money, and work your ass off to get it setup and tested, doesn't mean it's that much better.

There's this disease going around...it's called elitism. Sometimes it weakens the immune system enough so that another strain called delusion sets in.
    just because you are too lazy to know the facts let me lay them out:

there is no elitism to this graph: (wattage dissipation for a 10C delta)

as you can see that is a nicer 120mm rad than on the corsiar unit and it can still barely dissipate 190w of heat. A single 120mm rad is just not adequate for CPU cooling ever, not even considering that I doubt the quality of corsairs waterblock internals

I am Xtreme
    the chart shows little good info. having a 10c difference between coolant and air is not a constant number, but has a pretty important factor when it comes to watts that can be dissipated

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    the chart shows little good info. having a 10c difference between coolant and air is not a constant number, but has a pretty important factor when it comes to watts that can be dissipated
    ? all I am saying is that with a 10c water air difference (pretty bad, usually users shoot for 5C) you only get a MAX (with high speed, loud fan) of 190W and that is too weak for good cooling of an i7.

this unit may be ok for a phenom II, but for C2Q or i7? forget about it.

I am Xtreme
    Guys, you gotta keep the price in mind!
    I think being as good as True would be already good for these $$$. It actually can be a few degrees better, it's possible, against non-modded True.
    I don't think anyone has said great custom water cooling systems are useless. They will obviously cool a whole lot better. Even if this small one was a bit worse than True, it would be still good for small cases or show off for newb friends.

Engineering The Xtreme
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108105

$139 for a no hassle FAR more adequate cooling system that comes with an industry standard pump that can be used in a more complex loop later on.

Xtreme Addict
    That's an AseTek LCLC 120mm, the're not bad coolers when use push-pull with decent fans, 4GHz on a Q9xxx E0, 3.6-3.8 on an i7 C1, not sure how they'll cope with D0 i7s. But our American cousins used one on this rig to get an i7 975 to 4.15GHz.
    Last edited by initialised; 06-08-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

I am Xtreme
    ? all I am saying is that with a 10c water air difference (pretty bad, usually users shoot for 5C) you only get a MAX (with high speed, loud fan) of 190W and that is too weak for good cooling of an i7.

this unit may be ok for a phenom II, but for C2Q or i7? forget about it.
    when it comes to removing heat, all setups can move the same amount, its just at what efficiency, which then affects the cpu temp.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108105

$139 for a no hassle FAR more adequate cooling system that comes with an industry standard pump that can be used in a more complex loop later on.
    whats the point of the link, its just a radiator? wheres the 140$ kit?

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    when it comes to removing heat, all setups can move the same amount, its just at what efficiency, which then affects the cpu temp.
    thats what the water-air delta is cited for, thanks Cpt. Obvious

whats the point of the link, its just a radiator? wheres the 140$ kit?
    aycarumba, look at the other pictures

Banned
    I think it will cool the i7's well. The reason I believe these units will sell well (if they deliver the promised performance) is cause people nowdays are wanting a lot more than just POWER. A few years back, I didn't care about the stuff I do now, but I realize it's part of the maturing process. Now, I not only look for the obvious performance and value, but also ease of use, and warranty/customer support. When you buy one of these units, it's easy as pie to set up, it has a warranty and support, and it cools nice and is cheap. The total package.

I am Xtreme
    thats what the water-air delta is cited for, thanks Cpt. Obvious

aycarumba, look at the other pictures
    ok now i see the one photo showing the rest of the pieces, 5 showing off just the rad. looks like your paying almost double to get no where near double performance i bet. why spend 140$ on crappy setup, when for 140$ i can still cool my cpu, but with a pump and enough rads to cool over 500W, which i have done before. (50$ block, 50$ pump, 2x 20$ heatercores)

Engineering The Xtreme
    actually with that dual rad kit you are getting double the performance and more OC headroom because the RAD wont overload when you OC your CPU

Banned
    If I can oc a crappy c0 e8500 to 4.3 24/7 with a TRUE, then I'm pretty sure the H50 will be able to handle a 920 @ 4G's. Comparison may seem non-sensical to some, but what I'm trying to say is that IF the preliminary tests are true (mainly, the H50 beating the TRUE by quite a bit), then it will be able to handle an oc'ed i7 (and quite easily).

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast