Thread: Important info concerning i7- please read:

Important info concerning i7- please read:

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...pdt/320836.pdf

as you can see there are many issues with the i7 that many people are considering mainboard problems, ironically, they are CPU related. Some of these problems have been resolved with the DO stepping cpu, if you are having issues - you may want to retun your cpu for a DO version.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonz1r View Post
    http://download.intel.com/design/pro...pdt/320836.pdf

as you can see there are many issues with the i7 that many people are considering mainboard problems, ironically, they are CPU related. Some of these problems have been resolved with the DO stepping cpu, if you are having issues - you may want to retun your cpu for a DO version.
    This line just cracked me up!
     Deleted Erratum AAJ105 and replaced with new erratum
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    What a ter, I lost £70 selling my CO i7 for a DO. I could have just sent it back LOL

Asus P9X79PRO, EK MOSFET H20,
    3930K @ 4.8 Full Nickel HF Supreme
    EVGA classified GTX 780 Hydro copper 4 x 4gb Mushkin 1600 @1.5v
    2 X 250 GB Samsung evo RO, 3 x 640 WD Blacks Storage, Corsair AX1200, Phobya Nova 1080, Fesser 120,with GT 1850's

sorry, I found this while doing some reading at Intel's web site. I hope this doesnt stress any of you out too much, but it is good info dont cha' think?

Xtreme Mentor
    Wait, we can return our C0 to Intel for a D0?

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

well I suppose so- if you're having issues that are described in the eratta tables.

However, I am not sure- I personally have the s1 and video issue described in the eratta table- does that mean Intel will exchange my kick ass CO for a DO cpu?

Ironically, Nvidia made an issue of this some months back and I forgot about it.

Guess I will know monday evening.

Xtreme Addict
    well I suppose so- if you're having issues that are described in the eratta tables.

However, I am not sure- I personally have the s1 and video issue described in the eratta table- does that mean Intel will exchange my kick ass CO for a DO cpu?

Ironically, Nvidia made an issue of this some months back and I forgot about it.

Guess I will know monday evening.
    If D0 fixes S1 bug and you have S1 bug yoursefl, its exchangable.

Jeez I almost wish I haven't read this.. so many bugs.. I've got some errors with sleep mode.. hm.. need to check if all cores are working after that..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

well sorry for the downer guys and gals, but it is my nature to make what can be perfect- be perfect. If you are happy with what you have, well then, worry not of it, if, however you are not, well then follow up and perhaps you may get a DO out of all this...which, is after all, as it should be IMHO.

If what you build is not what you say you sell, then you ARE indeed RESPONSIBLE to make such a situation correct- to do otherwise net's any company- the present situation we are in at the present moment- near depression.

Xtreme Addict
    Building an i7 rig for my dad, hopefully I get a D0...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

congrats.... however, do not be displeased if you recieve a good co/c1- mine will go to 4.55 on air momentarily- even pass a few tests, but then no go, and mind you heat is not the issue.....so...........? The BR is an amazing MB, it will do certain things very well ....and reveal weak componets very qickly.
    Last edited by dragonz1r; 05-30-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    congrats.... however, do not be displeased if you recieve a good co/c1- mine will go to 4.55 on air momentarily- even pass a few tests, but then no go, and mind you heat is not the issue.....so...........? The BR is an amazing MB, it will do things ....and reveal weak componets very qickly.
    Your CPU is fine if it works at default.Intel doesn't guarantee any OC speed over its rated (stock) frequency.Maybe you are hitting a wall somewhere else? Mind you heat is not the only issue when you OC... You are driving the device seriously out of its specifications ,so no 2 chips will behave identically.The chip you have is probably not "leaky" enough to clock higher.