Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: is www.quantum-force.net down?

Lord Trident,do you know if there is going to be any new bios for the Blackops?
    P08 for example? Or you have stopped supporting the Blackops and P07 will be the last bios for the board? I don't have any problem with P07 i am just asking,will P07 be the final bios or are you planning to release anything further? Right now,i have it running at 3.6 ghz with the memory at 1600 mhz,a rather medium overcloking but it runs stable and i am pleased as it is,if i try to push it more,i get freezes and bsods,so i prefer to be stable.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    How about P08? I don't know if it was official or not but it was posted on these forums last June or so.
    First I've heard of it, link to the post please

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotcher View Post
    First I've heard of it, link to the post please

Just checked and it was for BR. Sorry.
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    exactly... if putting 4 month old bios releases that just need to be copy pasted from one folder to another on the website is a problem then how likely is it that there will be updated bioses for mars BO BR FB and newer boards on there anytime soon?

the problem isnt how many people work on the new site and bios updates, the problem is no site for 4 months and no new bios for any board for 3 months.

i dont think anybody blames you or wants to argue with you carl, you have done and still are doing a great job and you have nothing to do with the site being down and no new bios updates coming out etc...
    Took the words right out of my mouth, geez, this is what I've been trying to say. I Don't Blame you at all Lord T. And now, maybe I need to ask, is there anything we can do to help you, short of trying to help each other out?
    Foxconn BlackOps P07 BIOS
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 4.0GHz
    Prolimatech Megahalems
    Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 PVT36G1600LLK 2x2GB
    Sapphire Radeon HD5770
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (PCI)
    2x WD Blue 3.0 160GB Raid 0
    Corsair HX520W PSU
    Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade 1600dpi Mouse
    Logitech z5300e 5.1 THX Speakers

Xtreme Member
    Hey Guess what Quantum Force web site is up finaly http://www.quantum-force.net/Default.aspx & the blog http://www.quantum-force.net/blog.aspx?blog=1
    No new bios for BR

Last edited by ProStock; 08-26-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4PLaY View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, geez, this is what I've been trying to say. I Don't Blame you at all Lord T. And now, maybe I need to ask, is there anything we can do to help you, short of trying to help each other out?
    4Play I pretty much told you what you need to do to actually be useful and get things done...

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
    Leaving all that aside and believing all you want is better support, the only way to achieve this is to go through the correct channels. Gather a detailed report of hard facts, and present them to Lord T and give him sufficient evidence to go to his superiors with proving that things aren't good enough for the end user. That's the only way things will change.
    It would help Lord T tremendously if you can put together a list of as much detail as possible with any BIOS bugs you come across. As much detail as possible is key to getting these things fixed quickly.

Xtreme Member
    Just checked and it was for BR.
    Would explain why I'd never heard of it

Sorry.
    No worries mate

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStock View Post
    Hey Guess what Quantum Force web site is up finaly http://www.quantum-force.net/Default.aspx & the blog http://www.quantum-force.net/blog.aspx?blog=1
    No new bios for BR
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=232904
    Intel i7 980x / 3001B331
    HK3.0+LaingDDCPRO+XSPCRX360+1xMCR220
    EVGA Classified X58+EK FB
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20(TR3X6G1866C7GT)
    ASUS GTX580
    Enermax Revolution+85 950w
    Corsair Obsidian

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Fox View Post
    I'm an SQA person so if you feel you need some beta testing, you know who to talk to
    I make a living from this stuff, won't be much different in this case

On a serious note, I would love to have the G25+"MC_CFG_space" open so I can change timings in windows using CPU-Tweaker.
    For benching that is all that I want/missing.
    Maybe some way to achieve higher bCLk, 248Mhz doesn't cut it for me lol

For 24/7 usage I need to resolve compatibility issue with my Perc5/i that only exist in Bios version>G13, but I guess its way too much to ask lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXlAinXx View Post
    Well, G28 still MEM_CFG_LOCKED, by the way duo "security" and "stability" related reason would better have that OPTION addressed to one ENABLE/DISABLE switch through some BIOS menu.
    ( Will be nice have too all other missing memory setting eh :P )

Im sorry, but that will take really big time, and by the way Im w/o guinea machine
    Quote Originally Posted by xXlAinXx View Post
    Honestly? really low. Usually that kind of things begin revise prior the production phase, while the engineer still have access/use of some In-Target Probe (ITP).
    Right now with only some IDA/FASM/HEX assembler/disassembler and w/o any "remainder" and/or offical documentation and low-level hardware register access software ( board is running on Vista x64 )
    pin down such physical value location will be like win the big prize in US national lottery :P
    I will try ask around, and see if something can be done.

Forgoto to:
    EDIT!
    Wooh I won the lottery! :P

PCI space i920 Generic processor non-core 0x2C41 8086

Anyway as I told u later in the PM, I'm sorry to confirm that it is almost impossible implement such procedure call w/o taking apart the main bios rom.
    Mainly, cause that code implementation will shift all the already existent code, so Im far behind for accomplish such task with the tools at mine disposal

Code:
    Reference
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Fox View Post
    Maybe FELIX, the guy who write CPU-Tweaker can help you.
    He probably knows about this issue more than any of us, I think he knows what needs to be done (what registers and values) to enable the PCI Space.

He is a nice guy and would probably help/aid in order to support this.

Anyway, many thanks for even trying

I know some seriously skilled bios crackers that could really help get this done. All I need is some help combining all the info of what needs to be done and where its needed. They can fix the rest

Thanks and P.S. which one should we do g25 or p09

Xtreme X.I.P.
    feedback about the site:

section names should be downloadS and productS
    the section name qf-force doesnt make sense, quantum force force?
    burn the performance, not your pocket... whats that supposed to mean?
    what is the oc planet? there are several test topics in there, but thats it?
    it says new topics will be there soon, but that post is over 2 weeks old...
    when i click on any of the topics it gives me a error pop up saying "coming soon" and then kicks me back to the previous page.
    the best part is this: it tells me i can delete topics
    it doesnt work, but its still weird and i doubt its supposed to be like this

and when i want to go back to the main page it gets stuck at the loading screen sometimes:

if i click on join us, be a partner, it just kicks me to the top of the page...

and the qf forum button links to the foxconn tech support forums, thats not really the qf forum as they dont even know what overlocking is on there :P
    so id rename it to support forum or tech support forum and add a link to xs...

oh and the oc planet buttons on the bottom dont work... none of them does anything...
    Last edited by saaya; 09-03-2009 at 03:48 AM.

I am Xtreme
    A short illustrated version of Saaya's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post

But it is actually nice to see that it is being sorted.
    The bigger issue IMO, however, is BIOS releases atm.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah definately...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345