Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 121 of 121

Thread: Hot hot hot! The new CPU AMD can be unlocked to 4 core!

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by spursindonesia View Post
    To have any future whatsoever, they have to survive first NOW, right ?
    Yep

    We know that AMD won't be competitive until their next gen mArch arrive -if that would ever become a good adversary for whatever Intel will offer right then, a BIG "IF" in itself, then bashing AMD effort to just stay afloat till better time arrive is rather hypocritical, isn't it ?
    Who is doing that?

    Is there any other viable alternative for them than trying to be more competitive in the mid to low end segment this time around ?
    Dunno

    Are you suggesting that AMD just should lay down and file chapter 11 ?
    What prompts you to ask such a strange question?

  2. #102
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    324
    Amd they are gaining more and more market share, they're in the right
    way, that makes me very hap


    SILVERSTONE TJ07 . ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME . INTEL C2D E8600@ Q822A435 . 6GB CELLSHOCK PC3 15000 . EVGA GTX 285 . WD VELOCIRAPTOR 300HLFS . WD AAKS 640GB ''RAID0 . CORSAIR HX 1000W . X-Fi FATAL1TY TITANIUM . LOGITECH WAVE . G9 LASER . Z5500 . DELL ULTRASHARP 2047WFP
    Aquaero VFD . Enzotech revA . Laing DDC 12v . Black Ice GTS-Lite 360 . Swiftech Mcres Micro . 3/8"
    By MrHydes®

    sales
    feedback Techzone

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    Is this a Retail CPU though?

    I'm wondering if AMD decided to leave the ES chips with this extra "feature" and when the retail chips go sale (Tuesday 2nd?) they will be unable to unlock....
    GA-MA790X-UD4P, Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.8GHz, 4gig OCZ 1000, Sammy F1 1GB HDD, Dell 2407WFP, Powercolor HD4850
    Toshiba Qosmio X300-11W Laptop

  4. #104
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Really? Its one of the main reasons we got locked CPU multipliers and CPU indentification programs.

    I wonder how it changes to X4. The CPUID should have been unique, even with 2 factory disabled cores.

    Its an X4 CPU with 2 cores thats faulty in some way.

    Another fun part is to enjoy the tears from all those that expect every dualcore to unlock all 4
    Its more of a backfire than good marketing imo.
    Knowing you it's easy to see you're just mad because Intel is not doing the same thing.

  5. #105
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by marten_larsson View Post
    Knowing you it's easy to see you're just mad because Intel is not doing the same thing.
    Doing what?

    Any cache salvaging etc gets a changed CPUID. So I´m mad because it doesnt keep the same ID?....
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

  6. #106
    Live Long And Overclock
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    14,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai
    Another fun part is to enjoy the tears from all those that expect every dualcore to unlock all 4
    You are entitled to your opinion...but that is one seriously screwed up opinion m8. Enjoying in other people's misery.

    At the end of the day, the risks involved follow with the rewards, so people should know what they are getting into, but by no means does it take away from the fact that people will have $110 quad cores in their hands.

    Irrespective of the troubles it may cause, that is just one more thing you can do with these chips, other than of course running it at 4Ghz 24/7 with very little increase in vcore

    Looking forward to them hitting the market.

    Perkam

  7. #107
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion...but that is one seriously screwed up opinion m8. Enjoying in other people's misery.
    Its not about enjoying other peoples misery. But people seems to get more and more greedy each day. Just look in the previous core unlock threads when they dont get extra cores. Instead of just saying ok. It was just a chance and I like my dual/tricore etc. They go bananas and biatch and moan.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

  8. #108
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Linköping
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Its not about enjoying other peoples misery. But people seems to get more and more greedy each day. Just look in the previous core unlock threads when they dont get extra cores. Instead of just saying ok. It was just a chance and I like my dual/tricore etc. They go bananas and biatch and moan.
    Greedy? Last I checked XS community was doing this kind of stuff cause it's fun, and overclocking cause its fun. The Majority of people have overkill system, which is even more overkill overclocked yet we do it, cause its fun. We waste money on hardware cause it's fun.

    I am getting a Phenom II x2 550BE and will try to unlock it - cause it's fun not cause of greed - I am also getting a "real" Quad-Core.

    Also you're a bad troll Shintai, go hide under the rock you came from
    SweClockers.com

    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

  9. #109
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    924
    I can see Shintai's wisdom in his thought out of his post in this thread, but well, he has a rather "unique" way of expressing his thoughts/opinions, and the reputation is certainly not helping all that much, so there it goes, the animosity out of nothing, LOL.
    Last edited by spursindonesia; 05-30-2009 at 02:14 PM.

  10. #110
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesaregood View Post
    Is this a Retail CPU though?

    I'm wondering if AMD decided to leave the ES chips with this extra "feature" and when the retail chips go sale (Tuesday 2nd?) they will be unable to unlock....
    Nah, plenty of Retail CPU's about that are unlocking. (been on sale here since friday)

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    Greedy? Last I checked XS community was doing this kind of stuff cause it's fun, and overclocking cause its fun. The Majority of people have overkill system, which is even more overkill overclocked yet we do it, cause its fun. We waste money on hardware cause it's fun.

    I am getting a Phenom II x2 550BE and will try to unlock it - cause it's fun not cause of greed - I am also getting a "real" Quad-Core.

    Also you're a bad troll Shintai, go hide under the rock you came from

    Because NDA, I can't post the cpu's code that can be unlocked.

    Here's a man have X2 550, when he set ACC auto, X2 550 changed to X4 B50, but 4 core not actived. You can see here:

    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=18

    LN2 with X4 B50 will comming soon!
    Y!M: Leonarderman
    Clan: Duck Team VN
    I am ATI Fanboy - Not AMD
    Location Location Location...................
    Thần tượng: KingTea Super Bựa

  12. #112
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,173
    Yeah the new ACC firmware update is needed for "hybrid" mode(the mode that silently allows users to activate the cores ).

  13. #113
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Doing what?

    Any cache salvaging etc gets a changed CPUID. So I´m mad because it doesnt keep the same ID?....
    Doing duals that are unlockable to get a quad maybe? If Intel would have done a native quad at first and used this technique to salvage duals and tricores I'm pretty sure you wouldn't condemn it the way you do with AMD.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    29
    I still see no stability tests...

    @leonarderman, can you confirm any prime stability when OCing this unlocked X2 chip?
    T what point is it stable?

  15. #115
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,244
    shinto is so jealous because amd takes parts of market

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rob View Post
    I still see no stability tests...

    @leonarderman, can you confirm any prime stability when OCing this unlocked X2 chip?
    T what point is it stable?

    Sorry, My CPU can't run Orthos/Prime/OCCT. I don't know why!

    So I used CPU Burn-in to check stability:

    stabled 3,8GHz with 1,44V vcore:

    Y!M: Leonarderman
    Clan: Duck Team VN
    I am ATI Fanboy - Not AMD
    Location Location Location...................
    Thần tượng: KingTea Super Bựa

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by leonarderman View Post
    Sorry, My CPU can't run Orthos/Prime/OCCT. I don't know why!
    Maybe because it's not stable enough



    Quote Originally Posted by leonarderman View Post
    So I used CPU Burn-in to check stability:

    stabled 3,8GHz with 1,44V vcore
    This sounds great. 4 cores, good OC, not too high voltage. With a little luck I could grab one of this chips.

    Hope you will give us complete stepping info when NDA is over
    Last edited by Jerry Rob; 05-31-2009 at 08:12 AM.

  18. #118
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toon
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Its actually scary that it also shows as a X4 CPU. Welcome to shady companies that will sell it as quadcores
    I will be trying to unlock these but only in overclocked systems where the customer has chosen a compatible chip and board. In an OC'd system I don't see that as being shady, but I can imagine the look on Tech support's face when someone rings up and says 'my cpu doesn't exist' or 'I only ordered a dual core, why have I got a quad?'
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rob View Post
    Maybe because it's not stable enough

    This sounds great. 4 cores, good OC, not too high voltage. With a little luck I could grab one of this chips.

    Hope you will give us complete stepping info when NDA is over

    My CPU is an ES chip, it can't run orthos/prime/OCCT with stock clock and stock volt! Maybe it have a problem!

    I think it's a reason that why Xbitlab use LinX to test stability for their chip!
    Y!M: Leonarderman
    Clan: Duck Team VN
    I am ATI Fanboy - Not AMD
    Location Location Location...................
    Thần tượng: KingTea Super Bựa

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by leonarderman View Post
    My CPU is an ES chip, it can't run orthos/prime/OCCT with stock clock and stock volt! Maybe it have a problem!
    I think it's a reason that why Xbitlab use LinX to test stability for their chip!
    Sure thing

    Anyway, did you get a chance to try this CPU on AM2+ mobo with DDR2 (790gx/fx)? I would like to know if it is unlockable on DDR2 boards, I have 16 GB of DDR2 RAM, I wouldnt like to invest on DDR3 when upgrading my machine

  21. #121
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    And I live where?
    Apparently at a place with a even higher tax @ 25% o/\o Sweden ;-)

    - DJ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •