Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $%#*%$(&#^&% Silenx Fans!!!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    I have 3 silnex fans mine work fine, and though they are slight louder then 21dba.
    they work fine no rattles or noise other then air flow.
    I've also got a sythe ultra kaze fan which is nice but loud.
    Rosewill isn't that bad they're pretty close to the right dba rating.
    I haven't used silverstone, but the thremaltake thunderblades I have work fine for me.
    I've got two small rexus fans they're extreme in the cfm for 60mm x 10mm.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Addict
    I remember reading about how Scythe fans where leaking oil all over the place, and in XS all I saw were people raving about them. lol

But really, Silverstone fans can be great if you're careful to read the reviews. Some are great, some suck... but that happens with a lot of products and the companies who makes them. I'll see someone buy one model by a company for anything, and hate it.... and assume EVERYTHING that company makes is trash. You have to be objective and open minded. But there are other factors like terrible customer service which is always a deal breaker.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

all outta gum
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    If you care about silence, you aren't extreme enough to call yourself a member of xtremesystems.

It's either deltas or nothing.
    That's the spirit
    Cooling starts at TRUE + delta fans, then dry ice and liquid nitrogen, ending at liquid helium
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    I love Deltas. I have a 120mm Delta that pushes 190 or so. GREAT fan, the best I've ever owned, and it tames so well. But they're pricy and loud 24/7 if you don't have a way to turn them down.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 06-11-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    Hey, don't be too hard on Silenx fans. After the bearing seizes, you can gut them for rad shrouds.

Edit: I bought a couple in '04 they went on shroud duty that same year. They've been silent ever since.
    Last edited by Nightstar; 06-19-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    OCZ, where life-time warranty means until we're out of stock!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
    Hey, don't be too hard on Silenx fans. After the bearing seizes, you can gut them for rad shrouds.

Edit: I bought a couple in '04 they went on shroud duty that same year. They've been silent ever since.
    but they are expensive. thats what yate loons are for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12