• Gamecube

0 0%
  • Wii

0 0%

Thread: Favorite Nintendo console?

Favorite Nintendo console?

Mine was the Super NES.
    Truth Is Treason In the Empire Of Lies. ~ Ron Paul

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
    ~ Declaration of Independence

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. ~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtcWU1lyssk
    (Obamanation song. LOVE IT!)

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. ~Sen. Goldwater
    full reserve, free banking=sound money, no bank runs. I wish people could understand that.
    Taxes are less worse than inflation and borrowing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    NES and Super NES probably because they came with the good old basic fun games. You cant beat Mario and Super Mario.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol, this ones easy

N64 by a mile!

Q9300 [Crunch] / XFX GTX285 [Fold] / EVGA 750i
    Two 250GB 7200 / 4GB XMS2 800 / 1Kw XPS PSU / Freezer Pro 7
    10,797 3DMark Vantage / Scythe 120mm Case fans / Vista U. 64
    PS3 - 700 Work Units and going strong!, XPS 720 H2C Case
    Crunching 24/7 on Q9300....might upgrade to an i7

Xtreme Addict
    Too hard to choose, i hold several games on each platform in equally high regard, and it's hard to believe anyone can be really objective when comparing games from consoles this far apart, because there is always an element of sentimentality and nostalgia when considering the old consoles, especially if your life has been progressing with them side by side
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

^Good point. The Super NES hardware had the least limitations (other than low res like the GBA and DS), by far, so that lead to the best games.

My favorite games exclusive to each platform (at the time of their release, that is):
    NES:
    Castlevania II, III
    Bionic Commando
    Gargoyle's Quest II
    Mega Man 3,4,5,6
    a few others.

Super NES:
    Yoshi's Island
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Contra III
    Super Punch Out.
    DKC 2
    Prince of Persia
    MK2 (best version--wins over the 32X only because of the Pit II fatality is amazing on the Super NES one)
    MM7 and Bass (Import)
    MMX, X2, and X3
    SF2 Turbo (had some trade-offs with the PC engine one though, so it wasn't completely ideal)
    Ninja Warriors
    NBA Jam
    NBA Jam TE
    Final Fight 2, 3
    Super Metroid
    Super Adventure Island I, II
    Adventures of Batman & Robin
    Super Double Dragon IV
    Battletoads/Double Dragon, Battlemaniacs
    Chrono Trigger
    a few other games, that don't come to mind.

Nintendo 64:
    Fzero X
    GoldenEye 007
    Excitebike 64
    Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
    KI Gold (still sucks compared to 2 though)

Gamecube:
    DK Jungle Beat
    Metroid Prime 1 and only 1 (2 sucked, and 1 could've been much better had the hardware been better)
    RE4
    RE remake
    Wave Race Blue Storm
    Truth Is Treason In the Empire Of Lies. ~ Ron Paul

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
    ~ Declaration of Independence

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. ~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtcWU1lyssk
    (Obamanation song. LOVE IT!)

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. ~Sen. Goldwater
    full reserve, free banking=sound money, no bank runs. I wish people could understand that.
    Taxes are less worse than inflation and borrowing.

Xtreme Mentor
    As a kid, the SNES and N64 were the consoles of my gaming glory days. For me, SNES comes slightly out on top, but not by much.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no just kidding
    N64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Common someone push N64 into first place

N64 because of...

Ocarina of Time
    Banjo Kazzoie
    Mario 64
    Star Fox 64
    Episode I Racer
    Golden eye

75% of the games i own for the N64 are huge hits, about 10% of the gamecube games i have could be considered a hit (new zelda, smash bros..) and ive yet to play a wii game a really liked

Q9300 [Crunch] / XFX GTX285 [Fold] / EVGA 750i
    Two 250GB 7200 / 4GB XMS2 800 / 1Kw XPS PSU / Freezer Pro 7
    10,797 3DMark Vantage / Scythe 120mm Case fans / Vista U. 64
    PS3 - 700 Work Units and going strong!, XPS 720 H2C Case
    Crunching 24/7 on Q9300....might upgrade to an i7

Xtreme Addict
    Snes for me!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSRboy View Post
    Common someone push N64 into first place

N64 because of...

Ocarina of Time
    Banjo Kazzoie
    Mario 64
    Star Fox 64
    Episode I Racer
    Golden eye

75% of the games i own for the N64 are huge hits, about 10% of the gamecube games i have could be considered a hit (new zelda, smash bros..) and ive yet to play a wii game a really liked
    anything listed above ruined me in the 4th grade, it was also the best time of my life, still will be until i have a child

snes is the best console nintendo ever made, it was the penical of 2d and had the last of franchises like mario and zelda before they were ruined in 3d, the only classic that i think worked in 3d were donky kong, even mario cart wasnt as good in real 3d
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nes

Xtreme Member
    snes.
    late nights with friends... mario kart , sf2:turbo , super pang (just to name a couple)
    |W3570|ClassifiedE760|12gbGT2000c7|2x[XFXgtx295]|X-fiForte|2xF120raid0|2x300gbVraptor|HX1000|LianPC-71|Dell3007wfp-HC|

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    SuperPi is like caviar. It's an acquired taste.

Banned
    good old nintendo....
    out of the nes, snes, and n64 its hard to pick...
    going with snes or n64 though, they were so epic...
    rember playing street fighet II on snes... that was pure epicness, and we had the snes rocket launcher(still do) that was cool
    n64 is more memroable though tbh, mainly becouse the damn thing is indestructable, unlike my snes thats broken
    mario cart is still fun as hell to play with mates , you cant beat it.... so is goldeneye playing it now though i dno how we managed to play on those 14'' screens split into 4 , its just redicilious...
    n64 has to be the pinnacle of gaming

i hate the n64, not becouse of the console its self but it went and destroyed so many classic IP with the move to 3d and just destroyed them completely ruined them, IE zelda and mario
    Last edited by zanzabar; 06-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Super NES, the rest is simply uninteresting... Ohhhhh Tales of Phantasia
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

Xtreme Addict
    Shh, don't feed the trolls
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i hate the n64, not becouse of the console its self but it went and destroyed so many classic IP with the move to 3d and just destroyed them completely ruined them, IE zelda and mario
    :O wtf, zelda was nothing untill the n64 and you know it !!!!!!!!!!!
    Ocarina of time was uber fun, and i rember having to get the expansion pack to play majora's mask , ohh the joys

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SNES, just because of the best game ever... Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've never been as moved by a game (to be honest, I haven't really been moved by any other game), it's just brilliant. NHL95 was of course kick ass as well.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.