Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test Report: Loop Order, does it make a difference?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great report!

The loop order debate was one that often had me wondering "has anyone tested this properly?" And now someone has! Well done, Vapor! I think this kind of "mythbusting" is my favourite type of test report to see.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kick Ass Vapor! People ask this question so often It was like a broken record! Now people can look at this everytime they want to know what the best order is, make it a sticky!
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Xtreme Member
    Excellent work Vapor, thank you

Banned
    Thank you for putting in the time to do these tests.

Xtreme Addict
    Doh, back to the drawing board for my loop order then. Thanks Vapor for the time to test this. Very useful information. I too stand corrected.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Doh, back to the drawing board for my loop order then. Thanks Vapor for the time to test this. Very useful information. I too stand corrected.
    Didn't Vapor just prove that the loop order dosen't matter
    "I don't have a masters degree, but even I know that mixing water and electronics is a stupid thing to do."
    My girlfriend.

"It's easy to get sideways at first thinking there is ONE BEST product for each area of water cooling. But, that's not always the case - depends on your exact setup and needs."
    shazza

Xtreme Addict
    Yes but I have my loop order to go to the CPU block first and it was not the shortest route I could have went. Things can get cleaner now. Here is a pic of my loop order. It went on the concept of giving better performance by putting more pressure to the CPU block. Obviously that was wrong as per Vapor's testing. So now back to the drawing board for my loop order to clean up tube length.

Xtreme Mentor
    excellent read! I have considered that the differences would be small, but you have shown they are smaller than I suspected. Excellent excellent.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12