Thread: G.skill Falcon 128 Gb Ssd Drive In Raid 0, 128k

I am Xtreme

Thumbs up G.skill Falcon 128 Gb Ssd Drive In Raid 0, 128k

unbeliveable transfer rates with a pair of these G.Skill FALCON 128 GB SSD drives attached to the ICH10R chipset....OS is Win XP 64 Bit, SP2

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Legend
    meh nothing special
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Legend
    juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Very Nice!
    MainGamer PC----Intel Core i7 - 6GB Corsair 1600 DDR3 - Foxconn Bloodrage - ATI 6950 Modded - Areca 1880ix-12 - 2 x 120GB G.Skill Phoenix SSD - 2 x 80GB Intel G2 - Lian LI PCA05 - Seasonic M12D 850W PSU
    MovieBox----Intel E8400 - 2x 4GB OCZ 800 DDR2 - Asus P5Q Deluxe - Nvidia GTS 250 - 2x30GB OCZ Vertex - 40GB Intel X25-V - 60GB OCZ Agility- Lian LI PCA05 - Corsair 620W PSU

Xtreme Addict
    do want

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding
    you are the funny man..hehe
    Last edited by Ace-a-Rue; 05-26-2009 at 05:26 AM.

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Addict
    Can you get HDTune Pro version 3.5 and run some IO tests? These SSDs interest me a lot. I'm looking forward to comparing them to the OCZ Summit series, both performance and price, as they have the same hardware.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechromancer View Post
    Can you get HDTune Pro version 3.5 and run some IO tests? These SSDs interest me a lot. I'm looking forward to comparing them to the OCZ Summit series, both performance and price, as they have the same hardware.
    I am pretty sure the Falcon is an Barefoot based drive. Same as the Vertex.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    I am pretty sure the Falcon is an Barefoot based drive. Same as the Vertex.
    Yes, yes you're right. I was thinking about the Corsair P256 for some reason. Anyways, yes the Falcon and Vertex are basically the same hardware with slightly different firmware tweaks. The Falcon is cheaper too for the most part.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

I am Xtreme
    Yes, yes you're right. I was thinking about the Corsair P256 for some reason. Anyways, yes the Falcon and Vertex are basically the same hardware with slightly different firmware tweaks. The Falcon is cheaper too for the most part.
    They use the same firmware as well.

Xtreme Addict
    They use the same firmware as well.
    According to the OCZ forums, each drive has manufacturer specific tweaks. Thats all I know.

I am Xtreme
    According to the OCZ forums, each drive has manufacturer specific tweaks. Thats all I know.
    I think OCZ is full of ****. Both use the 1370 firmware. Only difference is OCZ tried to rename theirs to 1.1 for some reason, but the drive still shows up as 1370 once flashed.

Xtreme Mentor
    I think OCZ is full of ****. Both use the 1370 firmware. Only difference is OCZ tried to rename theirs to 1.1 for some reason, but the drive still shows up as 1370 once flashed.
    OCZ have started on numerous occasions that their version of the indilinx controller is tweaked and performs better than other companies selling the same controller, so it’s hard to believe that this is not true. Then again OCZ stated in that tech report that they don’t have access to the source code of the fw.

So the question is do indilinx produce an exclusive version of their controller especially for ocz or are ocz miss representing the facts?

I think this is a perfectly valid question when a price difference exists between the various rebrands of the indilinx controller and people want to make an informed choice.

I am Xtreme
    the latest firmware tweak issued improved the Falcon 128 gb drives, which i have...my two, mated in Raid 0, 128K stripe, increased in speed a little more than on the front page.

EDIT:...i see that xtreme forum is not allowing uploading of pics directly from the computer any longer...i will have to post it to my website and then come back with the link.

Last edited by Ace-a-Rue; 07-02-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ^what!?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by audienceofone View Post
    OCZ have started on numerous occasions that their version of the indilinx controller is tweaked and performs better than other companies selling the same controller
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-su...-ssd-review/11
    I bet the differ. Falcon is owning left to right.

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by clayton View Post
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-su...-ssd-review/11
    I bet the differ. Falcon is owning left to right.
    Not sure why. AFAIK the G Skill & Vertex use the same standard indilinx board, same controller, same fw. The ST ultra drive uses its own board so I could understand if that was different.
    Last edited by Ao1; 07-05-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audienceofone View Post
    OCZ have started on numerous occasions that their version of the indilinx controller is tweaked and performs better than other companies selling the same controller, so it’s hard to believe that this is not true. Then again OCZ stated in that tech report that they don’t have access to the source code of the fw.

So the question is do indilinx produce an exclusive version of their controller especially for ocz or are ocz miss representing the facts?

I think this is a perfectly valid question when a price difference exists between the various rebrands of the indilinx controller and people want to make an informed choice.
    How odd that a seller pimping the same product under their brand name says it's better.

OCZ are a marketing company first (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by tdream View Post
    How odd that a seller pimping the same product under their brand name says it's better.

OCZ are a marketing company first (IMO).
    +1