Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phenomenal II

Champion
    Amazing scores, event! Congrats!

I hope at once I can bench with LHe, it seems very fun..
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    It was cool Sampsa. Fist time I saw the pot go below -200c, it was simply amazing. The way the helium roars up and expands into a gas so rapidly is really insane. This experience has ruined me because now LN2 benching is weak compared to that .
    I talked to Sami on the phone right when I hit that 06 score, was pretty cool. I also got to watch your guys vegas video about ten million times on loop hehe
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Champion
    First of all, "boo, you used ES CPU"

Extraordinary runs!!! The fabrication process for these CPU's is something truly phenomenal. Working at such low temps, with the behaviour you described is a dream for every overclocker, and this should be an example for others to follow. I get it that we will soon see k|ngp|n F1 LHe edition?
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    First of all, "boo, you used ES CPU"

Extraordinary runs!!! The fabrication process for these CPU's is something truly phenomenal. Working at such low temps, with the behaviour you described is a dream for every overclocker, and this should be an example for others to follow. I get it that we will soon see k|ngp|n F1 LHe edition?
    LHe is nothing most overclockers can afford Expensive like hell.
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Will you post your results on hwbot?
    I didn't asnwer this right away because i didn't want the thread to turn into a debate about ES results. Let me speak my mind on the subject quickly here to show where I am at, and then thats it I dont want the thread derailed with discussion about hwbot.
    My answer is NOT A CHANCE. Hwbot needs to adjust to the changing scene of overclocking and have a right place for results like these first. I get called arrogant or some stupid like that and take alot of flak if I suggest to remove myself from hwbot competition to make up for stuff like this...its ridiculous. I think some people are s no matter what you do
    You can bet I am going back to AMD for sure to bury a few benchmarks just because it can be done and no other reason. The tech is there. It doesnt mean jack in the realm of hwbot or comparing myself to other overclockers. I dont even want to submit to FM until after this overclocking competition on FM is done, because I don't want to take away a prize from anyone, but the final results will get posted to the orb. AMD deserves it as they have done something amazing here. Besides there are already alot of ES's on ORB.
    The solution for hwbot IMO needs to be some sort of a seperate uber league or something where everything goes period and IT IS KNOW AS SUCH OPENLY. Look at my screenshots, it looks like a retail cpu but it's not quite A manuf. can seed someone with an ES that looks retail so easily. AMD was completely open about the fact that these are ES samples to the press and I thought that was cool, not trying to hide anything only showing what their tech can do. They are pushing the boundaries of extreme cooling farther than anyone right now, thats a fact. Maybe their needs to be a whole new F1 style manuf backed overclocking league or something. I am going to push for it..
    If team brawn has a much better product to put on the track then bmw, mclaren, or ferrari does that mean they are not allowed to compete?? Those other guys wish!

Ok enough of that check out my new phenom pot. This thing is for 15000rpm phenom benching on LN2 and DI . I tried to make the best pot I possible could for everything that this type of benching requires, I'm pretty happy with it at this point and it might be ready soon..
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 05-26-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I love the benching Vince, really cool to see AMD back at it again.. PII scale like hell on cold it seems

shift, that pot was HUGE?!

Champion
    very well done with the LHe results so far and pretty much amazing new pot Vince, basically an extended, taller full cu F1EE? cant wait to see in more action hope there will be some vids out from the event soon...
    Last edited by Achill3uS; 05-26-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Great Post.

I can attest to the fact that KP's pot is Like the super duper cherry ES of ES's ln2 pot for Phenom II benching, I was very pleased with it and I think for the first time ever i saw an ln2 pot hit -200.........

I will however wait to post something in his products page in the very near future.

Once again thx vince and it was an honor to say the least to give the prototype a spin under pressure in front of a crowd.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Sorry to be kinf of a ****, but colder than -196 of a reading on LN2 is just sensor inaccuracy. Not to say that its not the best pot in the world though. KP, I know you obviously don't want to give away your secrets of the F1 PII Edition, but can you tell us how it's different from the other highly-classified F1 model for intels? (more mass? more surface area?) Feel free to totally ignore me if it's too much info
    e8600: 6261 mhz (LN2)
    e8500: 5830 mhz (dice)

Quote Originally Posted by xaxis View Post
    It's really unfeasible, unpractical, and for all intensive purposes... SHOULD NONE THE LESS BE ATTEMPTED!

ahh you beat me to it.. My pot defies nature and the limits of liquid nitrogen itself!!

It has A LOT more surface area where it needs to be, more internal volume, more overall mass (again where it needs to be). F1 is a great pot with phenom as well especially with extension, but this pot pulls colder base temps and only loses around .25 of a degree under load at 6400mhz on LN2 with phenom2 1.8-1.9v.
    This pot also integrates the top of the pot with old mounting bracket style pots to maximixe surface area and mass.
    I can say that because I have tested and designed it as such. Not just biting off of what someone else has done and calling it my own

PIfection
    great results vince, looking forward to seeing what happens with the unfinished business... something about an all AMD platform just feels so right

Xtreme Legend
    wise words from Vince
    Maybe their needs to be a whole new F1 style manuf backed overclocking league or something. I am going to push for it..
    If team brawn has a much better product to put on the track then bmw, mclaren, or ferrari does that mean they are not allowed to compete?? Those other guys wish!
    hahah Nick from The Overclocker will have some serious discussions at Computex with all manufacturers about this EXACT idea. We've been talking about this for the last year pretty much and it will now start getting actioned

i will let Nick know that you are keen and if you are OK with that throw your name in there as well as someone willing and open to that style of comp

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Brilliant Idiot
    Yep I know the limits of temps for ln2 but if all other pots did not cause that temp to show I think you get the idea or at least that was my intentions...regardless this is the pot that rocks..
    Last edited by chew*; 05-26-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    heatware chew*

uncore challenged...
    Not just biting off of what someone else has done and calling it my own
    yeah, i caught that...certainly deserved and made my day, thanks Vince

as for the benching, what the hell else is there to say? you ran that AMD shyt down and beat it with a baseball bat Detroit styles...end of story
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Live Long And Overclock
    Is LHe cheaper than LN2? Because I'm under the impression its LN2 > LHe.

Perkam

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Is LHe cheaper than LN2? Because I'm under the impression its LN2 > LHe.

Perkam
    Ln2 $2.00 liter

Lhe $5.00 liter and less efficient

I also wanted to add because I think vince forgot this part......In my experience with his pot it burned less ln2 than any pot I have used to date ( I have used f1 EE as well )......its efficiency is incredible.....

Filling pot once and then making a coffee 100Ft away while running 32m or running 06 is priceless......
    Last edited by chew*; 05-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    What is the rate of LHe usage with the new backpressure device?
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Ln2 $2.00 liter

Lhe $5.00 liter and less efficient

I also wanted to add because I think vince forgot this part......In my experience with his pot it burned less ln2 than any pot I have used to date ( I have used f1 EE as well )......its efficiency is incredible.....

Filling pot once and then making a coffee 100Ft away while running 32m or running 06 is priceless......

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Brilliant Idiot
    Ehhh thats not gonna happen on F1 EE benching 06 around 6.1g 1.85v dino We literallly had to stay on top of the f1 EE at all times when squeezing that last mhz out......This thing is another animal.....F1EE design was to maintain a specific temp and to avoid the coldbug......this thing is designed to hold max cold at max load.....

I think on one of my leakier chips we saw 10-15C temp swings in cpu test benching 06 with the F1EE.
    Last edited by chew*; 05-26-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Ehhh thats not gonna happen on F1 EE benching 06 around 6.1g 1.85v dino We literallly had to stay on top of the f1 EE at all times when squeezing that last mhz out......
    really?
    we didnt
    you REALLY should buy an Intel setup to see what i'm talkin about

i think i was planning my next vacation online with these Phenoms on LN2 with F1EE compared to Intel chips
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    really?
    we didnt
    you REALLY should buy an Intel setup to see what i'm talkin about

i think i was planning my next vacation online with these Phenoms on LN2 with F1EE compared to Intel chips
    LOL I have one...no thanks 70C loaded with a true 120 I'll pass ln2 gets expensive...
    heatware chew*

simply amazing. This is what extreme overclocking is
    I'm from Vietnam!

Xtreme Member
    Great post Vince. I enjoyed that part where AMD told the media that it is actually an ES sample. But yes, even though it might be an ES sample, it is still incredible and and exciting to know that AMD is back, and what's to come.

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm with you Vince on splitting this mess into 'F1' like category and the rest. It will be interesting to see what the individual manufacturing process can do and if eventually 'Joe more than average' can beat that with retail part.

All should bear in mind that no manufacturer is setting up production line for handful of ES to break records - it's simply too expensive. ES are either the initial batch or simply parts sorted out because of very good/bad characteristics.
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Champion
    That pot is pure evil!
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast